• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shigeru Miyamoto received "Prince of Asturias" Award in Spain today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laffer

Today I woke up with this amazing news.

For all of you who don't know what this award is:

The Prince of Asturias Awards (Spanish: Premios Príncipe de Asturias) are a series of annual prizes awarded in Spain by the Prince of Asturias Foundation to individuals, entities or organizations from around the world who make notable achievements in the sciences, humanities, and public affairs.

Miyamoto has been a finalist for this award for three consecutive years. He won it under the category of "Communication and Humanities". Others that have won this award under the same category have been Google, the National Greographic society or the Nature and Science journals, to name a few.

He has been selected out of 21 candidates from 11 countries.

Go Miyamoto!! :)

276613001337708044.png

Link to the official "Prince of Asturias Awards" site in English: http://www.fpa.es/en/awards/2012/

EDIT: Ups, someone posted these news in the GAMING forum already. I'm sorry!!!!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475174

Video game guy was the best in the "Communications and Humanities"? Grats to him but what were the other guys contributions?

Meier

That's awesome. Congrats and well deserved, Shiggy! He definitely shaped many peoples childhoods and continues to do so.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Four times a charm? Is Miyamoto the only VG creator who has regularly been honored outside of the gaming industry? Sid Meier is the only other person I would claim deserves that sort of recognition.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Asturia's C.E.O. played finally played Super Mario, 30 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom