• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shiina Pikarin, a 20,000 year old demon pop idol, releases her first single

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

IT HAPPENED

nZXwYgo.jpg

Japanese article

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmM3PWH8IB0

Up-and-coming idol Shina Pikarin is making a bloody splash among teens in Japan with her occasional death-metal vocals and up-tempo pop beats.

Having amassed a huge following, particularly among teenage girls in Shibuya, Shina Pikarin (or Pikarin for short) released her first official single, titled “Makai Shinju” (“Makai Double-Suicide”), on 3 May.

Pikarin is unique among idols in that she claims to come from Makai which is a kind of hell or land of demons in Buddhism. Despite her youthful appearance, Pikarin’s says she’s about 20,000 years old, but as demon women are known to lie about the age, I’m guessing she’s somewhere in the neighborhood of 29,000.

In light of this, it might be worth giving “Makai Shinju”‘s lyrics a whirl.

Pikapikapi pikarin, I’m an explosion of magic
Pikapikapi pikarin, I want to smash you

Come in! Come Out!
Tonight! Tonight!
Shut up!

If you notice and
Are crazy about me
Hey! Looking only at me
Love suicide in Makai

If you want to die here and now
Want to die together with me
Let me drink your blood

If you want to die here and now
Die together with me
Your eyeballs today are sweet

Pikapikapi pikarin, if I cast a Makai spell
Pikapikapi pikarin, opening the secret door

Come in! Come Out!
Tonight! Tonight!
Shut up!

If I notice and
Am crazy about you
Hey! Looking only at you
Love suicide in Makai

If I want to die here and now
Want to die together with you
Make you drink my blood

If you want to die…

She is having live shows in Tokyo right now.

Live show footage

This reminds me of that Yakuza 5 sidequest where you try to get an idol who's a faraway space princess or some shit to all her interviews and coach her to answer the questions the "right" way.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
But will a 20,000 year old demon girl be able to use the bathroom that she wants?

explodet

I can see the other demons kicking her out of Makai because they can't stand pop metal.
She hangs out here because she's appreciated.

Galang

Banned
When the video and music started I was like wait this is actually good! But her voice came in and it doesn't do the song the justice it should.

Otnopolit

When did this become a music scene?!?!

Also, her guitar is going to be hard to play with lightsabers coming off of it.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Holy shit that video is terrible. She's smiling when she shouldn't, it's like a bad fan made video.

Also, what's with the head back when the death metal part happens, then it goes into stupid pop music trash, and back..

Fuck, some things just don't mix, this is one of those.

katagai

I skipped through that video looking to see if there were any "death-metal" vocals in this song, and what I heard sounded like someone vomiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom