• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shimomura's new album memòria! features a new FFXV track (OMNIS LACRIMA)

Wow, every sample there is just simply amazing. I especially love what she's done with Vector to the Heavens and Aya's theme. Shimomura continues to impress.

Thoraxes

The real heroes are the orchestrators and arrangers.

They've done a good job judging by the samples.

If you guys like her work, check out drammatica, it's more of the same of this type stuff.

Falk

that puzzling face
The real heroes are the orchestrators and arrangers.

They've done a good job judging by the samples.

Without a doubt!

I do wish sometimes that Hamaguchi stuck around for video games more rather than moving on to anime (although hearing him open up more with actual compositions rather than simply orchestrations is pretty sweet) but especially Sachiko Miyano's orchestrations have been pretty damn baller.

Thoraxes

Without a doubt!

I do wish sometimes that Hamaguchi stuck around for video games more rather than moving on to anime (although hearing him open up more with actual compositions rather than simply orchestrations is pretty sweet) but especially Sachiko Miyano's orchestrations have been pretty damn baller.

Definitely! Good stuff all around.

RocBase

can't wait.. I am looking so much forward to hear the full FFXV OST of the godess.

You have no idea how excited I am about this too. Was literally just listening to some rearranged tracks from the XV trailers on Youtube yesterday, and was telling me myself how I'd be more excited to get the OST than the game lol.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
But which track is that? Newest trailer had two and there's one more unreleased one from the trailers of yonder. Hype either way.

Slowdive

Banned
Love her work. Looking forward to hear the new track, I've listened to Somnus a lot since it came out on Drammatica.

raven777

I really liked the E3 trailer music so I will be happy with this.

edit: listened to the samples. Vector to the Heavens is indeed beautiful.

Side note: I'm really interested in how Square-Enix does with breaking this game's plot into multiple entries. Given that they're planning on it from such an early stage, you would think they would be able to plan it out well and make it a good experience, story-wise, like Xenosaga, rather than the disgusting mess that is X-2 and XIII-2.

Dark_castle

Side note: I'm really interested in how Square-Enix does with breaking this game's plot into multiple entries. Given that they're planning on it from such an early stage, you would think they would be able to plan it out well and make it a good experience, story-wise, like Xenosaga, rather than the disgusting mess that is X-2 and XIII-2.

I think what they're probably trying to do with XV "world of Versus epic" is something like Ivalice Alliance. Each story that comes in individual instalments have its own plot and main characters, but taking place in different continents and timeline of the same universe.

Shinta

Banned
I'll have to check this out when I get home. I honestly haven't been terribly into any of the songs in the trailers so far, but it'll be a lot better to hear it separated out from all the sound effects.

So the 2 named songs we know from XV are both in Latin. All-Latin-named soundtrack?

Luv-luv-luving the Theme of Aya remix on the site. Parasite Eve is probably my favorite Shimomura soundtrack.

Damn, this is some good stuff. Love the PE track.

The last one was in 2008. Think about that.

waiting-the-coffee-to-get-colder_245.gif

wmlk

So the song title translated to English means "All the Tears". Well, none of the E3 music really sounded that depressing to me (the reveal had two, maybe?). The first part of the E3 trailer might be the one that's getting rearranged since that's the one that sounded at least somewhat sad.

Famassu

The way Nomura talked about it and that would make most sense from a FF POV is that FFXV will tell a somewhat self-contained story. The example I've come up with is that the main story is about the crystal getting stolen and then, in the end of FFXV, they decide to destroy it completely not to let some evil dudez follow their plan of world domination/destruction/whatever. Then, FFXV-2 could be a telling about a world that is coping to living without any crystals. Or could be that they save the crystal and some kind of truce is decided upon after some overambitious Hitler of FFXV's world is taken care of, and that truce would allow all countries access to the crystal. Then FFXV-2 could be about some new, emerging threats that try to shake that peace.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
More Shimomura music is always a good thing.

iavi

Somnus almost single-handily kindled all the hype I had for Versus at the time. I hope this new track is as good.

There being a XV track is quite possibly the least interesting thing about this album.

These are all wonderful arrangements of already fantastic themes. Love me some Shimomura.

I really hope she uses (or they give the game a budget to allow) a full orchestra for the KH3 OST. She's really damn good at writing music that has emotion to it, and an orchestra brings that out even further.

So the 2 named songs we know from XV are both in Latin. All-Latin-named soundtrack?

Luv-luv-luving the Theme of Aya remix on the site. Parasite Eve is probably my favorite Shimomura soundtrack.

SaGa Frontier II had an all German soundtrack.

The overuse of Latin is kinda annoying but the music is very good as usual.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Should I have played any of the games on the bottom?
I love Shimomura, but I've only ever gotten to the Kingdom Hearts series and also her work in Xenoblade.

Top Bottom