• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei 4 Exclusive Preorder DLCs

RSLAEV

This is a blah costume but that 'GS' symbol would make a cool new Gamestop logo.

I mean, that doesn't mean I want my character to wear it or anything.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'll pick it up at Gamestop because, hey, employee discount, but this is... yah.

Honestly it'd be fine if it wasn't for the god damn GS on the chest.

My bizzare hope is that with this deal Gamestop might actual advertise the game a bit.

Animekatt

I preordered this at GS yesterday, but I will NOT be using that costume. If it had added bonuses to wear it, maybe I'd reconsider it.

Really kind of sad to see Atlus doing this.

At least the preorder DLC is something no one cares about. My preorder is from Gamestop already, but I wouldn't care if it wasn't.

Looks like Ranmaru Mori in every game Ranmaru Mori has ever been in.
SW2_Ranmaru_Mori.jpg

Eh I can kind of see it. Hah, I wonder how many people thought he was a lady when they first played a warriors game he was in.

It's as simple as this, Atlus scratches the back of brick n' mortar and online retailers and they scratch back. In return for the store-specific DLC Gamestop will likely promote Shin Megami Tensei IV; provide it more shelf space or simply more prominent shelf space, advertise it in store, up-sell the game, etc. Atlus is just playing the same terrible game that most other major publishers engage in to help their game at retail.

I pre-ordered it at EB today when I went to pick up my copy of Soul Hackers, not because I want that nasty costume, just because I want that first print-run goodness.

It's really surprising to see this sorta thing inflicted on a Japanese game, these Preorder DLCs are often synonymous with Western games and Western publishers.

Also, why is it that for all of the publisher/developer bitching about used game sales in places like Gamestop and other major retailers, they still make deals like this with them?

Shabutaro

what a ...cute....costume?

Ill go....preorder...it now?

Was gonna preorder it from gamestop this weekend, cause I like the whole pay as you want thing...Hopefully the clerk doesn't look me straight in the eye and tell me about the awesome new exclusive DLC...I dont want to laugh in his face

Still... Amazon make me happy and do something with the 'Amazon smile' for your dlc. :3

...or at least, if someone can shop something like it really fast, I'd love to see it too.

KarmaCow

I was wondering if they were going to do this in NA. I wonder how well the Japanese retailer exclusive garbage worked out for them.

Ponn

Banned
I was about to rage at exclusive dlc for a freaking 3ds game but yea don't care about this. I waited to preorder at amazon and it finally popped in my gold box deal so I got a couple bucks off MSRP at amazon.

Usobuko

Banned
Not only the design was hideous, it's also plagued with the awful 'GS' logo. If this was mandatory in the game, it would de-value it's worth for me.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hey guys, I just got back from pre-ordering at Gamestop; how jelly are you?
Now I will be able to play the game with style.

M-PG71C

Heh, I collect everything GameStop so I guess I'll buy this game. I'm a big fan of GameStop and being able to wear their initials on my avatar looks like a great deal.

Hell yeah!

Top Bottom