• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) coming to NA retail/eShop Summer 2013 (July 16)

Can I say no?

i don't think you can say anything because you wake up before you can answer

Is she hot?

so hot
hot as the sun

aAAOWAF.png

(we actually don't know who it is yet)

Mitama

I'm not digging the VA, it sounds cheesy, like a Saturday morning cartoon. That's definitely not how I imagine the SMT universe...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really, really wish Atlus would get SMT III and DDS 1 &@ 2up on PSN soon. I know they said they were waiting on Sony to update the emulator, but surely they have heard something or could send Sony an e-mail or something. It would be a real bummer if they came out AFTER 4.

ohlawd

alright cool now I'm at the Mantra HQ. Just taking a short break.

Is the Labyrinth of Amala stuff optional or do I have to do it? I visited it for a bit but then nah, decided not to.

Soriku

I really, really wish Atlus would get SMT III and DDS 1 &@ 2up on PSN soon. I know they said they were waiting on Sony to update the emulator, but surely they have heard something or could send Sony an e-mail or something. It would be a real bummer if they came out AFTER 4.

Ghostlight was waiting for Sony to update their emulator for the DDS games. Atlus hasn't done anything. Judging from Ghostlight's response it doesn't sound like they'll be able to get the DDS games up (and I guess Nocturne, though they haven't actually tried getting it up).

Shame because it'd be great if more people had access to these games...

alright cool now I'm at the Mantra HQ. Just taking a short break.

Is the Labyrinth of Amala stuff optional or do I have to do it? I visited it for a bit but then nah, decided not to.

You have to go through the whole thing for the True Demon Ending. It's optional otherwise.

ohlawd

oh yeah different endings.... ahh crap lol. Whatever, I'll just deal with it and enjoy whatever ending I get.

I'll still explore it for more exp.

Honestly, I would really like an HD release in the vein of Ratchet and Sly. Put Nocturne and Devil Summoner 1 + 2 in one pack, and DDS in the other.

Soriku

oh yeah different endings.... ahh crap lol. Whatever, I'll just deal with it and enjoy whatever ending I get.

I'll still explore it for more exp.

For the endings you basically have to agree with whichever side to join them. Be careful though as if you reject everyone and answer wrongly to the questions at
Yoyogi Park
you'll end up with the crap Demon ending where you don't even fight the final boss. Lol.

For the TDE you don't have to do anything special. Just reach the bottom of the Labyrinth before you enter the last dungeon and you'll be set on the TDE path. It overrides all other endings too. It's worth going through the Labyrinth for the challenge and the optional bosses, plus to gain access to some top demons (including
Dante
) :)

Honestly the endings besides the TDE or Neutral ending are lame.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honestly, I would really like an HD release in the vein of Ratchet and Sly. Put Nocturne and Devil Summoner 1 + 2 in one pack, and DDS in the other.

Yeah, I'm not going to get into anything about 4 being on a certain system because it's not the place for this but playing III makes you very curious how magnificent things would translate to 1080.

tumblr_mko8asZOry1qazhjpo1_500.gif

Those Law people are real assholes.

"Yes, Mr. President. The situation here in Japan is..."

"Hmm.... even with the power of our military, you still can't...?"

"Their military is formidable indeed, but the number of demons keeps growing... To get to the roe, you have to cut through the fish first."

"Hmm..."

"They've instituted martial law, but it wasn't by the man's hand. We believe the demons are the ones pulling the strings."

"So the demons keep coming in all the chaos... The situation is beyond human control. And you truly believe that a cleansing of Tokyo is the only way to maintain order... that it is unavoidable."

"The only way to salvage this world is if we cut out the rot. A purge is necessary."

"Alright. I'll authorize the use of ICBM. Will you be alright?"

"Yes. I've been taking the necessary measures."

Even if I'm struck my Thor's Lightning, I won't fall... Hahaha...

Finally found some better pics of the special 3DS LL coming out in Japan, looks neat

nintendo3dsllshinmegami.jpg

Got the pics from Play-Asia's website. They have the 3DS available for purchase, but it's mighty expensive, I recommend buying from Nippon Yasan if anyone is looking to import this, price is a lot better there, although higher than Japan's retail price.
Unfortunately the bundle went out of stock real quick in major retailers around Japan, so getting it at retail price is impossible, I guess, unless you live in Japan or you pre-ordered it.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
As you can probably guess one is the cover and the other is a an article on SMT4's DLC.

2chan says that the DL version is roughly 14,000 blocks, which is about the size of Soul Hackers, but it doesn't matter because you're more than likely gonna buy the physical version because of all the extras Atlus USA is offering.

For a second I thought you said the DLC was 14,000 blocks and I was like HUH? WAT?

Then I re-read and then it made more sense.

Bullza2o

Played 4 hours of it last night. Iz guud. I did approximately seven times in that period. Goddamn that first dungeon is brutal.

I'd rather be at home playing it right now instead of sitting at work. BLEH.

Oh man I'm jealous! Do you know how it's selling so far? Did you wait in line?

Oh man I'm jealous! Do you know how it's selling so far? Did you wait in line?

Nah. I bought it a day early at my local shop. I live in the sticks, so we don't get lines out here, not that SMTIV would ever generate those kinds of lines anyway.

No clue how it's selling. It only technically went on sale today. I'll have a better idea of how it's selling locally by the weekend.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The fact that they don't lower the E-Shop price for this game despite that the digital version loses lots of stuff compared to the retail version is... something.

Well... I shouldn't be surprised since this is Nintendo after all... Or is the one setting the price in the e-shop Atlus themselves?

cj_iwakura

The fact that they don't lower the E-Shop price for this game despite that the digital version loses lots of stuff compared to the retail version is... something.

Well... I shouldn't be surprised since this is Nintendo after all... Or is the one setting the price in the e-shop Atlus themselves?

Just their way of saying that you're crazy for buying digital. :p

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I posted that in another thread :p Most of it is just older tracks we've heard on the site and such that's already been uploaded. Waiting for other tracks.

I'm not in every thread so sorry.

:I

Overture is awesome though. Love that one a lot.

Top Bottom