• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei: Raidou Kuzunoha Vs The Soulless Army Coming to PSN

I'll probably buy this.

Bought the second game (with the plushie) but never had a chance to get the first game without having to pay ridiculous money for it. I hoped Atlus would just reprint it like they did for Nocturn & DDS but they never did.

vocab

I'll probably buy this.

Bought the second game (with the plushie) but never had a chance to get the first game without having to pay ridiculous money for it. I hoped Atlus would just reprint it like they did for Nocturn & DDS but they never did.

They did reprint it recently.

I'm guessing Nocturne is an impossibility because of Dante and the licensing issues he presents. :\

That's why we need raidou version on the vita, 3ds, or ps3. SMT 1 2 3 collection with Nocturne Maniax Chronicle Edition. :O

Itsuki

Great news! I'm going to buy it next week! I really like the SMT series but I've never tried the Raidou games (the only PS2 SMT games I haven't played). It's pretty hard to find a copy of the first game around where I live and the second game wasn't even released in Europe.

Dantis

For those wondering, this is a competent, but not stunning game.

It's worth a go if you're a fan of this type of Atlus game though (As in, SMT and its spinoffs).

Also, the soundtrack is bloody glorious.

They did reprint it recently.

Lol, I just checked Amazon and what do you know, I did buy the reprint. Last year no less.

Well, I guess I might just buy the digital version instead of breaking out my actual PS2 disc.

KuGsj.gif

M-maybe they still have the rights to use Dante...just like Capcom used the Kaneko devil triggers in Marvel VS Capcom 3!?!?! Wasn't there a Nocturne reprint sort of in recent times?

cj_iwakura

M-maybe they still have the rights to use Dante...just like Capcom used the Kaneko devil triggers in Marvel VS Capcom 3!?!?! Wasn't there a Nocturne reprint sort of in recent times?

I think the bigger concern is emulation than licensing.

And yeah, the OST is unbelievable.
Murmurs

Meguro was on fire.

Ya, a lesser megaten is still better than a lot of games. Not a lot of people like devil survivor either.
Really? Devil Survivor has one of the best scenarios in the series imho.

I'll probably grab this, though I have a backlog of PS2 megaten spinoffs to get through.

isual

folks saying the first one was bad, it wasn't that bad.

The mechanics sure were rudimentary, but it wasn't unplayable.

Too bad I already have this on disc for ps2, 2nd one included.

Seems like they reprinted Digital Devil Saga, Raidou, and Nocturne, since they all showed up brand new for good prices on Amazon.

I would rather get Nocturne or the DDS games, but I will throw money down on this game just to show my support.

Even still, I am holding out hope for that rumored PS4 backwards compatibility.

cj_iwakura

Well, no one played it, I know that much. There was little to no hype for it when it came out, which is sad. It price dropped like a rock, then became rare when 2 was announced.

Hmm! I've never played this! Does this hold up to the old SMT maxim of, "the longer the title, the harder the game"?

Set in the 1920s has me hyped, though real-time combat deflates that back down to neutral. Everyone seems to have a different opinion of this game, so I'll just get it and make my own.

cj_iwakura

Hmm! I've never played this! Does this hold up to the old SMT maxim of, "the longer the title, the harder the game"?

Set in the 1920s has me hyped, though real-time combat deflates that back down to neutral. Everyone seems to have a different opinion of this game, so I'll just get it and make my own.

The difficulty is average.

It has the hardest hard mode ever made.

Well, excluding Witcher 2's perma death one. Enemy damage is doubled, Raidou's is halved, costs are through the roof.

hoggert

The difficulty is alright, except for one stupidly hard boss battle
with that dumb penis demon that curses you and makes the game in a danmaku but as much as Rasputin.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Oh, that's nice. I guess I stick with my PS2 copy, though.
I wonder how many people will make it to the end this time. Looking forward to an LTTP thread.

The mechanics sure were rudimentary, but it wasn't unplayable.

Too bad I already have this on disc for ps2, 2nd one included.

agreed. replayed both over the last couple years, & enjoyed them just about equally (& actually preferred the 1st game's story to the second)...

&, tho i still own both, i'll be buying this in the hopes for more. the ps2 smts need to be kept available. they're excellent...

daveo42

Banned
I'll pick it up when it comes out. I still have a sealed copy from the recent reprint that I managed to avoid playing. Having it on PSN just means it way more accessible. A Nocturne announcement for PSN would be brilliant.

cj_iwakura

What is this SMT like? I have only played Nocturne and 4. Is this a good game?

Random battles move to an arena, and you move around in real time to dodge and counter. There's no negotiation, you hit weaknesses and capture demons. There is definitely fusion.

Raidou 2 brings back negotiation.

The selling point is the story, most consider 1's story stronger than 2's.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Should get this one of these days. Been wanting to try to play more SMT games (still haven't gotten far in SMT4 or Soul Hackers). Hoping this means we'll see the other PS2 games like Nocturne hit PSN.

vocab

Should get this one of these days. Been wanting to try to play more SMT games (still haven't gotten far in SMT4 or Soul Hackers). Hoping this means we'll see the other PS2 games like Nocturne hit PSN.
I'd finish those up. The first devil summoner is short. Just looked at my save. 28:57:44 was how long it took to beat for me.

Oh ya, this game runs at 60 fps most of the time. I'm not used to that smoothness.

ClearData

Those commenting that Nocturne is difficult to emulate, when was this attempted? I've never heard of games that failed to make it on PSN and am curious. I'd love to see that and DDS on the storefront but I'll use my PS2 disk if I have to.

cj_iwakura

Those commenting that Nocturne is difficult to emulate, when was this attempted? I've never heard of games that failed to make it on PSN and am curious. I'd love to see that and DDS on the storefront but I'll use my PS2 disk if I have to.

DDS was supposed to be on the EU PSN and it never happened, so that's the speculation. Maybe something to do with the cel-shaded engine they and Nocturne run on.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DDS was supposed to be on the EU PSN and it never happened, so that's the speculation. Maybe something to do with the cel-shaded engine they and Nocturne run on.
Wasn't that back waaaaay in 2012, though? Granted, Xseed just mentioned that Wild Arms 4 & 5 wouldn't be on PSN for a similar reason ("something with the coding that’s preventing it from being compatible with PS3′s via the necessary emulation that other PS2 titles on PSN use") so I guess they probably didn't find a solution for DDS.

Top Bottom