• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei SYNCHRONICITY PROLOGUE released (free PC 2D platformer)

Espada

Goddamn, playable HEE HO game! I'm really enjoying what I'm playing, so much so that I'm a little sad this is just a promo thing and not a full blow SMT Metroidvania style affair with SMT flavor. Later on I'm going to take some screenshots to share with some of my friends.

Awesome, i'm glad it's playable!

If you like it, play Pharaoh Rebirth+ on Steam, by the same developper :

header.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJJ-NYs__IE

I was so excited and ready to go to the jp 3DS Eshop....then read it was PC only. I just have a old Ubuntu Laptop. What a bummer and what a strange way to promote a 3DS game :-(

Joqu

Gonna download it anyway since it's free but is there a lot of text? You guys think well get an official english release?

Jb

Gonna download it anyway since it's free but is there a lot of text? You guys think well get an official english release?

You don't need to understand a lick of Japanese to play the whole thing.
It's a platformer with some text during the intro and when characters occasionally talk to each other. No complex menu or dialogue trees.

Joqu

You don't need to understand a lick of Japanese to play the whole thing.
It's a platformer with some text during the intro and when characters occasionally talk to each other. No complex menu or dialogue trees.
Cool. I hope we get a translation of those bits but on that case I'll gladly jump in now.

Viale

Man, that's awesome that they ended up releasing it. Anyone know the length of it out of curiosity? I'm excited to download it once I get back from work.

Hylian7

Yesssssssssss! I'm glad it's real.

Interesting that it's only free til December 24 though...and it says Prologue. I wonder if this will actually be a full game sold at some point. I really hope that's the case.

Yesssssssssss! I'm glad it's real.

Interesting that it's only free til December 24 though...and it says Prologue. I wonder if this will actually be a full game sold at some point. I really hope that's the case.

it''s actually the prologue of SMT HD and at december 24 we'll get a real trailer.... yeah let me dream a little bit!

Neoweee

"Synchronicity: Prologue" ?

Am I missing something about the significance of the term, or might there be an actual SMT: Synchronicity coming?

Shifty

"Synchronicity: Prologue" ?

Am I missing something about the significance of the term, or might there be an actual SMT: Synchronicity coming?

I figure it's because you're playing as the jack bros 'in sync', but it's a japanese game title. It could mean anything.

I'm having trouble with the controls on my Logitech. Pressing the skill button pauses the game, and after I've acquired my second skill, the skill button only swaps between the available skills.

Having fun with the game though! Just beat the first boss, and he had some neat patterns.

Super awesome. I had a feeling it might have been real, and I am pleased that it is. From the first couple of stages, it's a lot of fun. My only problem, and it's only because I am not used to playing on PC is that my left hand wants to use the keys as directional keys and I keep getting confused.
I don't ever play PC, so I imagine that's why I feel like a dork spending two minutes trying to jump to the next ledge haha.

Viale

Super awesome. I had a feeling it might have been real, and I am pleased that it is. From the first couple of stages, it's a lot of fun. My only problem, and it's only because I am not used to playing on PC is that my left hand wants to use the keys as directional keys and I keep getting confused.
I don't ever play PC, so I imagine that's why I feel like a dork spending two minutes trying to jump to the next ledge haha.

You can supposedly use a ps4/360 controller for it, so that might be worth looking into.

Battlechili

Banned
I want to hope that this is a hint at things to come akin to 8-bit Bayonetta, but I'm probably hoping for too much.

Still cute-looking game either way.

Top Bottom