• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shining Series Appreciation Thread

Man the Shining series is the best, or was at least. It's a crime what it has been turned into. For my money Shining Force 3 is still the best SRPG ever made.
I am currently streaming full playthroughs of all the home games up to Shining Force 3 PD on twitch at www.twitch.tv/olicon if anyone is interested in seeing the old stuff.

I realise this is self promotion but it's such a niche thread I hope it's ok? If not, mods do what you must.

Man the Shining series is the best, or was at least. It's a crime what it has been turned into. For my money Shining Force 3 is still the best SRPG ever made.
I am currently streaming full playthroughs of all the home games up to Shining Force 3 PD on twitch at www.twitch.tv/olicon if anyone is interested in seeing the old stuff.

I realise this is self promotion but it's such a niche thread I hope it's ok? If not, mods do what you must.

I'm doing the same thing right now except I'm not streaming. I'm almost done with Scenario 2.

Ricker

SF and II,along with Vandal Hearts are 2 of my favorite SRPG franchise,hell RPG in general,ever...I also had the Sega CD versions and the first and only SF III that came to N.A...

It would be awesome if they could remake or remaster any of those but this will never happen...it's too bad because I think they would sell well,the FE games are proof of that...Camelot is long gone though.

panda-zebra

Shining Force III was the best £2.99 I ever spent in Cash Generator. It was also the first game that induced that state of paralysis from lying in bed for hours moving nothing other than fingers and thumbs, and also that urge to be the first thing you do when you wake in the morning. I bought plenty of other Shining games after that on mega drive, saturn and mega CD, but could never bring myself to actually play any of them and I can't really explain why... one day I should at least explore the fan translated parts 2 & 3, but in the back of my mind there's always this utterly minute chance they all appear in a collection as an official product so...

StarPhlox

I never knew what I was doing in Shining in the Darkness as a little kid, but as a bigger kid I was crazy about Shining Force 1 and 2 and the Game Gear one was pretty cool as well.

Wouldn't it be great to get a demake of 3 in the style of the first 2?! I never got to try 3.

Shining Force III was the best £2.99 I ever spent in Cash Generator. It was also the first game that induced that state of paralysis from lying in bed for hours moving nothing other than fingers and thumbs, and also that urge to be the first thing you do when you wake in the morning. I bought plenty of other Shining games after that on mega drive, saturn and mega CD, but could never bring myself to actually play any of them and I can't really explain why... one day I should at least explore the fan translated parts 2 & 3, but in the back of my mind there's always this utterly minute chance they all appear in a collection as an official product so...

It's never happening. The people in charge of the series would like to pretend that the Saturn games don't exist because they are incapable of making anything a tenth as good.

I never knew what I was doing in Shining in the Darkness as a little kid, but as a bigger kid I was crazy about Shining Force 1 and 2 and the Game Gear one was pretty cool as well.

Wouldn't it be great to get a demake of 3 in the style of the first 2?! I never got to try 3.

No. SF3 is perfect the way it is.

pikablu

Probably my favorite rpg series. So far I've beaten:

SF1 (GBA)
SF2,
SFCD
SF Final Conflict

I'm currently playing through SF3. I wish there was a way for me to play it portably though as with the last 2 shining force game I beat (sfcd and sf final conflict) on my psp. Its just such a fun game to play before going to sleep.

Probably my favorite rpg series. So far I've beaten:

SF1 (GBA)
SF2,
SFCD
SF Final Conflict

I'm currently playing through SF3. I wish there was a way for me to play it portably though as with the last 2 shining force game I beat (sfcd and sf final conflict) on my psp. Its just such a fun game to play before going to sleep.

Play Shining the Holy Ark too.

pikablu

Play Shining the Holy Ark too.

yes I plan on playing this sometime after beating shining in the darkness. Still haven't gotten around to playing that. The reason is, shining force games are one of the few Srpgs I enjoy. Others get too confusing and unfun for me.

yes I plan on playing this sometime after beating shining in the darkness. Still haven't gotten around to playing that. The reason is, shining force games are one of the few Srpgs I enjoy. Others get too confusing and unfun for me.

Well, StHA is a direct prequel to SF3. It provides a lot of backstory to a few key characters.

Txαi

Top Bottom