• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

th4tguy

8zD8avj.png

should you be so inclined, if not, coo

You guys editing the avatars for people who preorder? ...is this a gaf preorder bonus?

Nuke Soda

On Tuesday I shall be blasting away at the deadites....zombies? Infected? Creepers?Haunted? It doesn't matter, at any rate the monsters.

Arent they coming out tomorrow? I'm waiting to see which is better, this or Alien. Whichever is, will be the game my wife and I play through for halloween. Hoping it's this.

From what I'm hearing about alien, they took a 3 or 4 hour idea and spread it thin around a 10 hour game. for variety you can't beat evil within, just so much gnarly ish going on from one moment to the next..but you'll have to wait till the 14th before your favorite reviewer lets you know for sure!

Ha ha, that crossover would be AWESOME!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
There's also the app on iOS if anyone wants to evilfy pictures to people. I've done it once and I never received a response. haha!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-evil-within-photo-app/id908835635?mt=8

Anyone picking up the art book yet? It's up for preorder on Amazon at the moment at a great price I might add. The Kindle version is greatly discounted, which I'll probably end up getting.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NC0WBX4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Anyone know whose doing the strategy guide? I haven't seen a single thing on it.

Neither Brady nor Prima is publishing a guide on The Evil Within. However, we will have strategy coverage here on PrimaGames.com.

http://www.primagames.com/games/evil-within/answers/1359

Well that's the most information I found. There's also a book that's 96 pages long, but it has a March 24, 2015 release date. I don't know what to think about that until closer to that day. All we need now is Hollywood to grab the script and make a movie.

It's not as cool as a shotgun, I know :(
man if you were handing out shotguns I'd be down
:)

I "sold" 3 more copies to non-GAF homies. all saw me playing Alien and asked "should I get it or wait for new resident evil" I told them about this game. They were astounded. None had heard/seen ads for game- 2 preordered online and 1 ordered physical from Amazon.

Mikami be proud!

I was going to wait until next Saturday to buy it to save myself some money but fuck it, $10 is not worth the wait for what it is my most anticipated game of the year. I'll be looking for it next Tuesday in my country for it.

Can someone Evilify my avatar? Thanks!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wound up with some extra cash. Evil Within preordered. I was down on this game for a while but all the good stuff I've been hearing lately combined with wanting a good Halloween game made me pull the trigger.

MattyG

Banned
Can someone do mine? Someone else has a similar one (maybe the exact same), so I was going to mix it up soon anyways!

And I tried tweeting at GMG earlier to see if keys would get sent out Monday or this weekend, never heard anything. I'm hoping they don't wait until the last minute. I have classes off Monday and Tuesday, I don't want to spend all of Tuesday downloading it!

Can someone do mine? Someone else has a similar one (maybe the exact same), so I was going to mix it up soon anyways!

And I tried tweeting at GMG earlier to see if keys would get sent out Monday or this weekend, never heard anything. I'm hoping they don't wait until the last minute. I have classes off Monday and Tuesday, I don't want to spend all of Tuesday downloading it!

Mor4Wnx.png

Grief.exe

The Evil Within
Alien Isolation
REmake
RER2

We are seeing a real resurgence of the survival horror genre from the AAA market. Out of that list, I'm most excited for The Evil Within and the REmake rerelease.

GravyButt

Im so hoping this game is good. Such high hopes.

My only worry is more personal than anything really. My reaction time is miserable nowadays. Like really miserable. For those in the know, its not going to be a "open door bam monster in your face shoot his fucking head off in a split second" kind of game is it? Granted being a horror game I know it will happen, just hoping for my own personal reasons it wont be nonstop like that. Cuz there will be a lot of death animations in my future then haha

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The Evil Within
Alien Isolation
REmake
RER2

We are seeing a real resurgence of the survival horror genre from the AAA market. Out of that list, I'm most excited for The Evil Within and the REmake rerelease.

REmake is heritage, if anything they've come out and said that Revelations 2 is the traditional genre specified version. RE1 paved the way for survival horror. Capcom probably has to fight TEW with some sort of counter difference, which is probably why they spoke out about RER2 like they did. I wonder if Capcom will ever use Mikami now that he's used the situation quite well and I'm not trying to get a head of myself.

I just realized Tango Gameworks is a subsidiary of ZeniMax. Quick question, could Mikami ever be contracted outside his studios? I realize the Infinity Ward contracts were American and this might be different. Could he work at both Platinum and Tango regardless?

~Kinggi~

Banned
On a happy note, fucking around with FF13 on my tv in 720p made me realize it actually doesnt look that bad with proper AA so if my 2gb card cries at 1080 i think ill still have a good time at 720p. //Lowered expectations

hwy_61

Banned
On a happy note, fucking around with FF13 on my tv in 720p made me realize it actually doesnt look that bad with proper AA so if my 2gb card cries at 1080 i think ill still have a good time at 720p. //Lowered expectations

Lowered expectaaaaations

The Evil Within
Alien Isolation
REmake
RER2

I think TEW is going to be the big litmus test sales wise for other developers and publishers if they want to make/fund a original IP horror game with a large budget.

Out of the four titles you mentioned it's the riskiest business wise imo. Although it could be argued that Isolation is a bigger risk due to Colonial Marines.

REmake is a re release of a fan favorite and RER2 is an episodic game with a modest budget so there's not much risk involved.

from spoiler dude on the forums:

"Done. I am done guys. It took around 15:55 or something like that."

Good to know that you can easily get 15 hours out of this game, I will be searching every nook and cranny so i may get an extra hour.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Abyss is done

Done. I am done guys. It took around 15:55 or something like that. Need to sleep now. After I wake up I have really nice surprises to people who are curious. Huge surprises.

-MD-

After I wake up I have really nice surprises to people who are curious. Huge surprises.

Time to leave the internet?

The Evil Within
Alien Isolation
REmake
RER2

Wouldn't even put RER2 on the list. TEW & REmake are day 1 though.

Top Bottom