• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shirtless FF League : Shirts are for squares.

yjilcgnodlvmjrkoznvtr9ujb.gif

Welcome to the official thread for the Shirtless League, the greatest fantasy league ever. To nut clutter the regular NFL thread with our personal FF talk, we have this place. We can do our draft here as well.

Draft order :

dP4zL.jpg

Link to the Greatest league ever

Link to the IRC

Happy drafting!

tumblr_ltsm48IuPC1r53jbpo1_500.gif

Wrayfield

I know you have to trade the exact amount of players/picks on both sides on nfl.com, so pick/pick trade, that's what I meant.

I know you have to trade the exact amount of players/picks on both sides on nfl.com, so pick/pick trade, that's what I meant.

I just figured out how to do trades, so go at it.

I suggest to start drafting either tonight or tomorrow since it might take a while.

Godslay

Banned
Wow, first pick? In all the fantasy drafts I've been in I've never had the first selection. I'm fucked :jnc.

Milchjon

So, uh, I feel like Blaine Gabbert out there. What the fuck am I supposed to be doing?

-How do I draft?
Don't laugh
-It seems like RB is the most valuable position, do I always go RB first?
-How many players do I draft per position? It seems there are two RB slots on my team, so do I only draft two, or do I draft more to be able to start different ones?
-What does R/W/T stand for (positions)?
-Anything to look for in a player apart from TDs and yards? (offense)

I'm the Matt Millen of FF.

Also, this seems like a lot of work for a game.

So what are the draft rules? Time limit, missed pick, etc

Snake?

Larry suggested a 6 hour limit at first, that seems doable, but also a little long maybe, since we have to make 210 picks.

When you miss a pick, we will make a pick for you, we'll pick the player that is ranked the highest on the NFL top 200 ranking. Or if you think you won't be in time to make it, PM me a list of players to pick from in the order you want them. It might be smart to create a list anyway.

It's gonna be a regular snake, so Godslay picks first in the first round, so he picks last in the second round.

K-19

Banned
So, uh, I feel like Blaine Gabbert out there. What the fuck am I supposed to be doing?

-How do I draft?
Don't laugh
-How many players do I draft per position? It seems there are two RB slots on my team, so do I only draft two, or do I draft more to be able to start different ones?

Yeah, I was quite confused by the number of players I'd to pick per position too.

-How do I draft?
Don't laugh

- We draft just like how we drafted for the NFL draft here on GAF. You post the player you want when it's your turn to pick.
- http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/967761/settings here you can see what gives you how many points.
- You're roster consists of 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, 1 Defense and 1 'flex' player that could either be a RB/WR/TE (Those are the R/W/T). Besides that you pick 6 players for your bench, that could be the more risky picks or backups for when your starters have their bye week.
- See the points thing

Godslay

Banned
Larry suggested a 6 hour limit at first, that seems doable, but also a little long maybe, since we have to make 210 picks.

When you miss a pick, we will make a pick for you, we'll pick the player that is ranked the highest on the NFL top 200 ranking. Or if you think you won't be in time to make it, PM me a list of players to pick from in the order you want them. It might be smart to create a list anyway.

It's gonna be a regular snake, so Godslay picks first in the first round, so he picks last in the second round.

I take it we will have a nightly cut off time?

I'm ready as soon as everyone else is. I don't want to rush and put someone on the clock who is still getting a feel for things like Milchjon.

Milchjon

I take it we will have a nightly cut off time?

I'm ready as soon as everyone else is. I don't want to rush and put someone on the clock who is still getting a feel for things like Milchjon.

Oh, don't worry, I'd fuck it up anyway ;-)
I'm just trying to keep the assumption that no one knows how a player will perform anyway and I could be just as successful with random picks.

Oh, don't worry, I'd fuck it up anyway ;-)
I'm just trying to keep the assumption that no one knows how a player will perform anyway and I could be just as successful with random picks.

Yep.

The first and only time I did a fantasy draft, I just loosely followed the NFL.com fantasy top 200 and mixed it with players I liked! Yay Randy Moss! Finished 3rd in that league, so it worked pretty well.

Ah, I thought there'd be some kind of functionality on nfl.com.

Thanks.

You have that when you do an online draft, which is pretty cool. But it's a 2 hour investment and all 14 dudes need to be available.

Godslay

Banned
Well I'm going to be gone for the afternoon, and most likely part of the night. So since I have the first pick, I figured I would throw it out there. I'm assuming Dutch can start the clock whenever he wants, I just didn't want to hold up the whole process if I wasn't around later.

With the first pick in the 2012 NFLGAF Shirtless FF League, Jerry's Glory Holes select:

Aaron Rodgers

id4tLwd56sYHr.gif

Welcome to the team, time to get the Discount Double Check rolling...

irRCAvqqzqED0.gif

Set a time limit, as well as a cutoff time at night. I wouldn't pick for people from a list if they miss their time, I'd just skip them and let them pick whenever, like the real nfl. Also, if you're new, try a mock draft.

Www.fantasyfootballcalculator.com is good, has 14 team mocks, and requires no account.

Someone should list what position we're starting (like flex spots etc) and how many bench players were gonna draft for reference

Wrayfield

Ah Slay, did you have to draft Rodgers? I mean, now I have to draft Foster and I have him in a keeper league out there so if he goes down, I'm fucked in both leagues :)

I say we just start now, with Godslay already making his pick.

We stop at the clock at 21:00 EST/3 am Urope time and start it back up 7 am eastern/1 pm Urope time. With people being allowed to make picks if they want to during the off time, but nobody will lose his spot.

If you are late during regular times without a good reason, you will lose your pick to the person who picks after you.

I say we just go with 6 hours per pick and see how it goes from there.

Wrayfield is on the clock

Wrayfield

Shit, I was out in the sun today all day.

I obviously pick Arian Fucking Beast Foster -- go ahead and tear your ACL now, Arian...

That disgusting asshole of a SnesFreak picked Tom Brady with the third overall pick.

Next one up is 'Dark Lord Brady', I have no clue who that is.

Wrayfield

Hahaha, 2 QBs with in the first 3 picks. We have a great league here :). I think snes just drafted Brady to troll the 10 Pats fans in our league.

Milchjon

Wouldn't it make sense to get Brees? With their D being even worse than before I don't see how they're not going all out every game.

Wrayfield

Nah, Brees will be good, but I expect his receivers and so on to be not exactly on the same page in the first 4-8 weeks so perhaps more INTs?

But it's so much guessing here. I mean, I laughed at a friend trading for Fatty Matty from Detroit, he wound up winning the league behind that bastard.

Top Bottom