• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shoot the Core! - Gaf Shoot ‘em Up (aka Shooter/SHMUP) Reference Thread

New update from Xydonia, it seems so good. Selection screen improved and a lot of fixes.
Let's wait for a new alpha/beta, hope soon.

Also, for the GAF users that helped the game KS, an announcement:

Xydonia on Kickstarter

tQGJIOZ.gif

The water section seems promising:

Hl8MkNr.gif

looks cool,

btw, the link is broken.

JP

Fantastic!!! Just bought it.

I already have Battle Garrega, are they the only releases in ShotTriggers series so far?

I bought the Neo Geo version of Last Resort and the arcade version of Armed F earlier, all thanks to Hamster, so it's been a really good day in terms of new games. I've not played Last Resort before but I'm really enjoying it so far.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Fantastic!!! Just bought it.

I already have Battle Garrega, are they the only releases in ShotTriggers series so far?

Yep.

There are two more announced ShotTriggers games in the works: Ketsui and a visual novel very loosely based on Dangun Feveron that probably won't be translated.

Yes Boss!

Last Resort is up?

Tempted but waiting for Switch.

That game is so freaking tough but soooo stylish.

Also, count me as one who prefers Blazing Star to Pulstar.

JP

Yep.

There are two more announced ShotTriggers games in the works: Ketsui and a visual novel very loosely based on Dangun Feveron that probably won't be translated.
Thanks, I'd read about those on shmups.com but wondered whether I'd missed anything. It seems not.

The visual novel means nothing to me but I probably will buy it to support this series.
Last Resort is up?
Yeah, happy to see it in the PlayStation Store. Like I said, it's completely new to me so it's been an absolute treat.

Although I'm only really interested in the STGs, I'm hoping that all the Arcade Archives/ACA NeoGeo games end up on both the PS4 and Switch at some point.

Has anybody seen a menu translation for Dungan Feveron yet?

Last Resort is up?
Yeah, that was a pleasant surprise. One of the first games I played on an MVS cab as a kid and still one of my favorite shmups.

Quoting my impressions from the Arcade Rchives thread:

Emulation is pretty alright. I noticed some screen tearing 15 mins into my session, but it cleared up; a little frame skipping here and there. Controls are responsive and I'm not noticing any increased input delay over the NeoGeo original. I guess I didn't realize it (embarrassing), but there is some additional slowdown when heavy paralax hits; similar to other official releases. Definitely a step above the PS2 classics collection version.

Perfectly playable up to the points I reached, but not arcade perfect.

CLEEK

Probably a stupid question, but how do you post scores online in Last Resort? When I try to check my ranking, I get a message saying I haven't posted a score. And none of the online score trophies have unlocked.

Probably a stupid question, but how do you post scores online in Last Resort? When I try to check my ranking, I get a message saying I haven't posted a score. And none of the online score trophies have unlocked.
It gave me an option to post when I hit a high score. It was an automatic pop up.

Yes Boss!

Perfectly playable up to the points I reached, but not arcade perfect.

That is how I feel about the ACA releases. Arcade first, then 240p VC, then ACA.

But I actually find myself playing the ACA releases more then the cannot VC. I just like the presentation. And on the Switch version they are just so much fun because of that big screen.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Is there somewhere in this thread, buried a list of region-free shooters for the 360? I know the machine got quite a few great shmups and that most were region-locked, but would be nice to at least start importing the ones i can play.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Seems i might have to consider getting one eventually myself with how many games that are region-looked. I still cant get over that the 360 became such a killer shooter-machine.

Yes Boss!

Seems i might have to consider getting one eventually myself with how many games that are region-looked. I still cant get over that the 360 became such a killer shooter-machine.

I found a barely used one on eBay (4GB) model for only $100. Should be plenty fine for the bulk of the shooters. Just tonight I got a 32GB USB stick hoping I can install all the Cave games on it. So, they are out there for relatively inexpensively.

BOTEC

This is great news! I just bought the US PS2 version of part 2 via PS4 because that was the path of least resistance to getting my Shikigami on.

Fularu

Banned
I had this game at launch 😁. Has always been a personal favorite! For so many years nobody even knew about it!

Last Resort, Alpha Mission 2, Magician Lord and Cyber Lip were the first 4 games I purchased when I got my NeoGeo back in 1992.

My stupid brother traded it for a US SNES while I was away in 1998. To this day I still regret not beeing there to prevent it

cj_iwakura

I am beside myself excited for this. I remember the translating and patching you all were doing here forever. Getting it in english for real officially and in its entirety is like a miracle. God i love Degica. They keep on pulling out dream ports!

Last I checked, the fan translation patch had about 80 downloads. Sometimes I wonder if anyone even played it, lol.

It's not a long script, but boy is it heavy. Scenarios and characters change wildly depending on who you play as.

Fularu

Banned
Last I checked, the fan translation patch had about 80 downloads. Sometimes I wonder if anyone even played it, lol.

It's not a long script, but boy is it heavy. Scenarios and characters change wildly depending on who you play as.

May have something to do with Shikigami no shiro beeing a rather mediocre shooter

BOTEC

Or because all the cool kids bought the game on Xbox... just sayin'.

sns_evo_xb.jpg

Mine came with a CD-ROM with some extra bits and stuff. Maybe I should post it somewhere.

Top Bottom