• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shoot the Core! - Gaf Shoot ‘em Up (aka Shooter/SHMUP) Reference Thread

gunstarhero

Iron Clad (the unreleased MVS version) released today on the Virtual Console (EU)
I happen to like it, quite a lot in fact, probably the best shooter for the Neo geo CD.
It costs 1000 points.
I'm hesitant to took the plunge until I hear confirmation it's 60Hz and not capped at 50Hz like Sega's VC imports.

Check it out:
Youtube review - proper Virtual Console version <-- Not me, unfortunately the reviewer's one of those "yeah just stretch the fuck out of a 4:3 image, that'll do good!" :-/

Cooool - I dont think I've played this before. Any chance this is coming to the U.S.?

fatty

Dash Kappei said:
Thanks, about the inputs and display technologies I'm pretty knowledgeable, I used to write on a dedicated home-cinema magazine here in Italy (Digital High-Fidelity=Alta Fedelta' Digitale).
I just don 't have any idea what models/workarounds would be my best bet to play TATE.

Thanks for helping me out, more suggestions would be really appreciated!

Used to write for a home theater magazine, maybe I should be asking you for advice then. :lol

But one thing I am wondering about. With TATE I'm assuming you want to take advantage of all of that real estate provided by placing the screen sideways...but since you are only looking for a screen around 20-25" inches, wouldn't it be easier just to use your existing plasma/projector which I'm assuming is over 42"?

Yeah, the whole screen wouldn't be filled but it seems you would still have a larger working screen to play with anyway. But just curious.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
fatty said:
Used to write for a home theater magazine, maybe I should be asking you for advice then. :lol

But one thing I am wondering about. With TATE I'm assuming you want to take advantage of all of that real estate provided by placing the screen sideways...but since you are only looking for a screen around 20-25" inches, wouldn't it be easier just to use your existing plasma/projector which I'm assuming is over 42"?

Yeah, the whole screen wouldn't be filled but it seems you would still have a larger working screen to play with anyway. But just curious.

First: thanks a bunch for that awesome deal below, I wouldn't know if it not thanks to you since I don't check that thread! Gave $3. Going to try them out soon :)

I can't use my existing hardware tho, I want to build a dedicated set-up just for shooters.
I also couldn't use a big plasma screen since with prolonged use that way you're surely looking at burn-ins. About the projector: sometimes I used it to play it PS2's Cave shooters, but you can't really play a good game and get better at it with such a big playfield. Or at least that's me, I find that especially true for bullet-hell shooters (it's indeed awesome playing action games, even more for survivalish games... going back to play Resi Rebirh again on it was blast).

fatty

That's nice to see all the additions they give for the limited edition, and at only $49.99 no less. On the other hand, with the "art direction" of the game, those are extras that I don't have any interest in getting. Hopefully, the regular edition of the game will be cheaper.

Oh and a heads up, XBLA currently has Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2 for 400 points (half price). Rocket Riot is also half off for 400 points but I believe the sale ends some time today so you better hurry if you're interested. I pulled the trigger on Geometry Wars RE 2 but does anyone have any thoughts on if Rocket Riot is worth picking up?

fatty said:
That's nice to see all the additions they give for the limited edition, and at only $49.99 no less. On the other hand, with the "art direction" of the game, those are extras that I don't have any interest in getting. Hopefully, the regular edition of the game will be cheaper.
The standard edition with replace the LE in the retail space once all the LEs have sold through, but I think it will be the same price.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I realized when I played the first two stages of Dimahoo today at my lunch break that I'm seriously considering trying my hand at getting GOOD at shmups. I've been...middling. I'm not good at bullet hell, and I really enjoy powerup-based shmups - though still not being all that GOOD at them.

My question is, I own the majority of them on the Dreamcast, but never was a serious player of them. Not to the point where I'm considering (1 credit completion) - has anyone else here gone from being really poor (having no natural talent for it) to excellent? Is this something I should pursue?

I'm considering tracking my progress by taking video tonight of how good I am at say, Mars Matrix - then taking a video a month from now with lots of practice to see how I shape up.

Also, I'm having trouble deciding what game I want to focus on. Dimahoo is nice, but limited - I would really like to work on Gunbird 2 on DC or perhaps there's a better option out there that isn't too ridiculously overwhelming with the game mechanics, but is still very solid and taken seriously.

fatty

Sunflower said:
I realized when I played the first two stages of Dimahoo today at my lunch break that I'm seriously considering trying my hand at getting GOOD at shmups. I've been...middling. I'm not good at bullet hell, and I really enjoy powerup-based shmups - though still not being all that GOOD at them.

My question is, I own the majority of them on the Dreamcast, but never was a serious player of them. Not to the point where I'm considering (1 credit completion) - has anyone else here gone from being really poor (having no natural talent for it) to excellent? Is this something I should pursue?

I'm considering tracking my progress by taking video tonight of how good I am at say, Mars Matrix - then taking a video a month from now with lots of practice to see how I shape up.

Also, I'm having trouble deciding what game I want to focus on. Dimahoo is nice, but limited - I would really like to work on Gunbird 2 on DC or perhaps there's a better option out there that isn't too ridiculously overwhelming with the game mechanics, but is still very solid and taken seriously.

From your post it seems that I'm at about the same skill level in that I'm also not good at bullet hell and up until this point I have preferred the power-up based shooters.

I think this would be fun to follow. What shooters do you have on the Dreamcast? Mars Matrix and Gunbird 2 seem like they would be good candidates but isn't Gunbird 2's stages random? (I think that is the case with Border Down, too) If so, it seems like it would be a harder game to "master" since you can't consistently build on those same stages. Also, are you planning on getting better by sheer trial and error or will you take a look at some youtube videos to study some 1-cc runs? Let us know your plan, it will be interesting to see your progression, especially coming at it as someone who is not that good at these games but just loves playing them.

Right now, in order of preference, the top three games I would like to complete are Gradius V, Ikaruga and Mars Matrix. (Still haven't gotten around to popping in Futari 1.5 yet, having FFXIII and SC 2 there is taking away any other time for additional games)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
fatty said:
What shooters do you have on the Dreamcast? Mars Matrix and Gunbird 2 seem like they would be good candidates but isn't Gunbird 2's stages random? (I think that is the case with Border Down, too) If so, it seems like it would be a harder game to "master" since you can't consistently build on those same stages.

I have Gunbird 2, Cannon Spike (doesn't EXACTLY count), Zero Gunner 2, Mars Matrix, Bangai-O (not exactly what I'd want to dive in hardcore with) and Giga Wing. If Gunbird 2 IS ranomized, I won't focus on that unless I'm just looking to better my reflexes, which might not be a bad idea. I do know some stages come up at random, so that might be it.

I've got a handful of them on XBLA as well, I think I might grab Triggerheart today and see if that'll work out for me.

fatty said:
Also, are you planning on getting better by sheer trial and error or will you take a look at some youtube videos to study some 1-cc runs? Let us know your plan, it will be interesting to see your progression, especially coming at it as someone who is not that good at these games but just loves playing them.

Trial and error only - not looking to study any video, just seeing if I can adapt to it. If I'm having an exceedingly hard time at a certain area, though, I wouldn't be against looking. I want that sense of accomplishment I can only get through my own methods.

fatty said:
Right now, in order of preference, the top three games I would like to complete are Gradius V, Ikaruga and Mars Matrix. (Still haven't gotten around to popping in Futari 1.5 yet, having FFXIII and SC 2 there is taking away any other time for additional games)

Heh, I haven't made it past stage 2 on normal in Ikaruga yet. I'm definitely going to plan on doing videos of my own to chart my progress, though, and I'll be sure to share them here. Expect a laughable one in the next couple days, but we'll see if I can be big chief someday :lol

I did look into getting an arcade stick for my Dreamcast, as it's still my favorite system of all time. If I'm getting serious into it, how essential is a stick? I would think very. :( If so, any recommends?

Tain

Sunflower said:

I'm not exactly great, but I've cleared a few games. Honestly, I don't think there's a lot of variation in "natural talent." The good players play more and adapt their playing the fastest, that's all.

You just play a lot, pay attention to where and how you're getting killed, and learn the game. To best do that, you pretty much never continue; why waste time playing areas you aren't ready for yet? You've lost your third life at this boss, so start over and lose less lives on your way there. Don't get hung up on score, either, just go for extra points here and there when you're comfortable.

And you've got a similar approach when it comes to videos. There's no reason to study insane players when you're only trying to clear a game, but you can gleam a hint or two. I'd probably be so stuck on Donpachi's stage 4 boss if I didn't learn that you can hide out above the shield from zlk's video on super-play.

If you like Dimahoo, you might want to play Battle Bakraid. It seems like it's the easiest Raizing game, and it was my first vertical shooter 1cc.

Good luck!

Tain

Sunflower said:
If I'm getting serious into it, how essential is a stick? I would think very. :( If so, any recommends?

They're not needed if you have a good d-pad, but they do make things a hell of a lot more fun, I think. Can't help you with DC, but 360, PS3, and PC have a ton of variety in terms of usable sticks. I started with the cheaper Hori sticks; the PS2 Tekken 5 stick and the 360 EX2, and liked both of them a ton. I've moved on to a TE, but I've also been able to try out the modded SE and the Hori EX-SE, all of which are awesome.

Poke your head into the joystick thread, it kinda seems hard to go wrong these days.

depths20XX

Sunflower said:

Hey you gotta start somewhere. I think most everyone is pretty poor at shmups when they start. I'm not sure why you would want to stay away from bullet hell type games though, some of them are the best to start on if you want to 1cc. Gunbird 2 is a great game but it is definetly one of the harder ones to 1cc in my opinion. The first 3 stages in Gunbird 2 are randomly selected, bullet patterns get extremely fast by the end. Most all Psikyo games follow that formula I believe. Are you only looking for a DC shooter?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
depths20XX said:
Hey you gotta start somewhere. I think most everyone is pretty poor at shmups when they start. I'm not sure why you would want to stay away from bullet hell type games though, some of them are the best to start on if you want to 1cc. Gunbird 2 is a great game but it is definetly one of the harder ones to 1cc in my opinion. The first 3 stages in Gunbird 2 are randomly selected, bullet patterns get extremely fast by the end. Most all Psikyo games follow that formula I believe. Are you only looking for a DC shooter?

Not necessarily DC only, but I find that I already own a good amount of them from being a ridiculous collector of all things Dreamcast from 99-2002. Looks like all my crap came in handy!

Good knowing Gunbird 2 is one of the harder ones to 1cc - a shame too because I find the intermission cutscenes to be a riot. :lol

depths20XX

I will second Tain's advice of Battle Bakraid. It's a very fun game to play if you don't worry about score. It's not super difficult in the later levels either.

Hmmm, looking at the list, since you put Assaults Suits Valken up there, shouldn't you have Cybernator (US version) and Leynos (I forget the US name) up there as well? Ohhh, lets not forget Metal Warriors too!

Also, would the super scope games Battle Clash and Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge count in this genre?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I went through a 1 credit game of Mars Matrix last night to see where I stand/how my 'skills' have deteriorated and...well it isn't pretty.

I forgot how ridiculously hyperactive MM is. I had a few dumb deaths. I know I can do a lot better, but this is day one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypUINXehhoU

We'll see what a week of practice gives me. I keep thinking I shouldn't have picked Mars Matrix :lol

fatty

Sunflower said:
Alright, I went through a 1 credit game of Mars Matrix last night to see where I stand/how my 'skills' have deteriorated and...well it isn't pretty.

I forgot how ridiculously hyperactive MM is. I had a few dumb deaths. I know I can do a lot better, but this is day one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypUINXehhoU

We'll see what a week of practice gives me. I keep thinking I shouldn't have picked Mars Matrix :lol

Hey, that wasn't too bad. Are there only 2 lives initially per credit? I remember only seeing you die by collision (~50 seconds in) in the bottom right and then when taking on the boss.

Edit: nevermind, I forgot about the death at 1:19.

I'm going to get some playing in on this weekend with Mars Matrix, to see how I progress along with you.

Keep it up!

donkey show said:
Hmmm, looking at the list, since you put Assaults Suits Valken up there, shouldn't you have Cybernator (US version) and Leynos (I forget the US name) up there as well? Ohhh, lets not forget Metal Warriors too!

Also, would the super scope games Battle Clash and Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge count in this genre?

Didn't realize that Assaults Suits Valken was Cybernator. It has now been removed from the list. I think Cybernator/Metal Warriors are two of those games that are walking the line of Shoot 'Em Up territory though I probably wouldn't consider them to be.

That also brings the question about Metal Storm by Irem for the NES. I think this would actually be a little more along the lines of a shooter because it seems more "run and gun" yet I would think it would also belong more in our subset genre at the bottom of the list.

On a side note, Metal Warriors had a fantastic 2-player battle mode. Would love to see something like this implemented this generation for online play. The mechs had nice variety between them as well. (I preferred the Spider mech with its cloaking abilities)

fatty said:
Didn't realize that Assaults Suits Valken was Cybernator. It has now been removed from the list. I think Cybernator/Metal Warriors are two of those games that are walking the line of Shoot 'Em Up territory though I probably wouldn't consider them to be.

That also brings the question about Metal Storm by Irem for the NES. I think this would actually be a little more along the lines of a shooter because it seems more "run and gun" yet I would think it would also belong more in our subset genre at the bottom of the list.

On a side note, Metal Warriors had a fantastic 2-player battle mode. Would love to see something like this implemented this generation for online play. The mechs had nice variety between them as well. (I preferred the Spider mech with its cloaking abilities)

I hadn't noticed Assault Suits was on the list, and yes, I agree that it shouldn't be there. Yeah, the Assault Suits Valken/Leynos action games (the first one, Leynos, was for the Genesis and was called Target Earth in the US, the second, Valken, is Cybernator, and the third, Valken 2, is Japan-only and for the Saturn. A fourth, Japan-only Leynos 2, is for PSX and is a strategy game.) are run & gun games for sure I would say. Pretty good ones, certainly, and Valken at least does have some autoscrolling segments, but that's definitely not the majority. Perhaps the series should be mentioned in the bottom list with other run & gun games though, they're good games.

Oh, the US version of Cybernator cuts at least a third of the script out of the game, and removes the character portraits during conversations too. Playing the translated rom version of Assault Suits Valken (look it up on romhacking.net) is highly recommended, it actually is complete.

Metal Warriors of course is Lucasarts' Cybernator "sequel" unrelated to the original game. The other related game is Square's Front Mission: Gun Hazard for SNES (Japan only), which also plays a lot like it... HG101 has an article on the games, read it.

http://www.hg101.kontek.net/assaultsuits/assaultsuits.htm

As for Metal Storm, it's a great game, certainly, but not a shmup... I at least would put it in the subset at the bottom.

fatty

Recent Shooter Updates:

Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype

Soldner-X2_Final-Prototype_22.jpg

Soldner-X2_Final-Prototype_01.jpg

Trailer

http://www.eastasiasoft.com/index.php/products/soldner-x-2-final-prototype-playstation3

eastasiasoft said:
Hi everyone, this is Tet from eastasiasoft. In partnership with SideQuest Studios, I’ve been co-producing our upcoming PS3 shoot ‘em up game Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype, expected to hit the PlayStation Network in the coming month.

Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype is the successor to our 2008 released PS3 game Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer (yes, unless you are fluent in German, that was the game with the impossible-to-pronounce name). Gameplay wise Söldner-X 2 is taking you back to the roots of the classical 2D shoot ‘em up (or also referred to as ’shmup’) genre, audio-visually combined with what the PS3 has to offer. In this horizontal-scrolling shmup, it’s your mission to protect the galaxy from the D’aarg, a technologically superior race that is threatening mankind.

To leave it plain and simple for now, during the seven stages of the game, you can expect nothing but pure action with hundreds of enemies to shoot down, thousands of bullets to evade and huge boss battles to be fought.

Well, I guess I could go on and on for a while, so I’m trying to make it short. In Söldner-X 2 you can expect high-definition graphics with classical 2D gameplay, combined with 3D backgrounds in up to 1080p, exciting bullet patterns that require your best skills, powerful weapons, limit attacks and fourfold chaser system, a newly-designed chaining system, detailed online high score ranking tables with replay file sharing, an adrenaline pumping soundtrack with 30 unique tracks and so much more.

Finally, I’m pleased to present you a first look at Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype in action. Check out our launch trailer and don’t forget to watch out for Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype when it’s hitting the PlayStation Store in May 2010. As you can probably feel, I’m already more than excited!

Raystorm HD

149996-raystormtgs620.jpg

Trailer

www.gamerbytes.com said:
Taito's HD remake of their PSOne shooter RayStorm HD has been given a release date -- you'll be shooting stuff out of the sky on the 5th of May -- but only on the Xbox Live Arcade. While the game had been announced for both XBLA and PSN, the game will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 in both the United States and Europe according to Square-Enix's Twitter. This is not the first time this has happened -- Sega's Outrun Online Arcade was only released in Europe for the PlayStation Network last year, and doesn't look like it's coming to the USA anytime soon. The game has been priced at 1200MSP, or $15. Check it out next week.

Beat Hazard

ss_3cf92e546ab5aaee6fa6330254e693f4.jpg

ss_27533712bcfee6bcdb408792eeb63f82.jpg

Trailer

www.coldbeamgames.com said:
Welcome to a new experience in gameplay mechanics: Beat Hazard

Gameplay Powered by YOUR Music!

Experience your music collection like never before with this intense music driven arcade shooter. Each of your songs will have its own unique ebb and flow based on the music.

Power up your spaceship and watch as the music boosts your firepower. Unleash hell on the enemy ships when you max out with weapon pickups!

Beat Hazard seamlessly mixes the love of gaming and music. Together they become greater than the sum of their parts.

* Unique music driven gameplay
* Gameplay possibilities as vast as your music collection
* Can you last a whole album in Survival Mode?
* Take on the all new super boss ship
* Power up and unleash the deadly Beat Hazard weapon
* Rank up to an Elite rated pilot
* Includes a kicking rock album to get you started

This was released on April 15 for $10 and is available on Steam, Gamersgate and Direct2Drive (and later on Impulse). I like the custom soundtrack option and I'm looking to spend some time with the game this weekend.

Zeit^2

091029-zeit-2.jpg

091029-zeit-1.jpg

Trailer

zeit2.com said:
zeit^2 comes in the tradition of classic arcade shoot’em up games while adding fresh elements to the experience. Discover how you can assist yourself and co-op with your prior playing by traveling back in time.

Blast away countless enemies like you never could before!

The intuitive controls make zeit^2 easy to play, while its advanced game play spoils hardcore players by giving them so many possibliites to improve skill and high score.

Don't know too much more about this one but I'll be keeping an eye out to see what comes from it.

Also Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra released on April 22 in Japan, it is not region free, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let me know how Beat Hazard turns out, I've been curious, but not $10 curious. Yet. :D

fatty

Will do. I picked it up when Steam had it on sale for $7.50 but haven't tried it out yet. I'm wondering how it will play to some Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria. Or Tom Sawyer by Rush. Or When Doves Cry by Prince...

"So this is what it sounds like when doves cry?"

I'm looking forward to putting it through its paces. :lol

Anso

Sunflower said:
Let me know how Beat Hazard turns out, I've been curious, but not $10 curious. Yet. :D

It was also on XBLIG but the music didn't seem to change much, I was disappointed.

Also, can we please do one of those huge-ass petitions about Cave releasing region-free games again? US might get some games localized but us Europeans are constantly getting fucked :'(

In other news I bought Mushihimesama Futari Limited Edition and Espgaluda II, awesome games. Got the DLC card for 1.01 too, love the differences. Espgaluda II Black Label is my current obsession though, the way they changed the rules are just incredibly sexy.

danmaku

I tried the Beat Hazard demo, but it was really disappointing. Enemies waves and bosses seem to come at random and have nothing to do with the music (Audiosurf is much better). It also has some of the things I hate the most in shmups:

- inertia on the ship
- smart bomb delay (it's not released instantly when you push the button)
- no popcorn enemies, even the smallest ships need a lot of hits to go down
- the light effects often cover the bullets, making them nearly impossible to see

Bleah.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shame about those Beat Hazard impressions.

On a brighter note, I picked up Raiden IV on 360. A friend of mine said "It's kind of hard."

WHOA! This game is fantastic, and yes, very hard. I'm really loving it. It seems Raiden is the king for a reason, this game feels like it has it all.

Double play is ridiculous too.

fatty

Mega Black Label & Mega Black Label 1.1 Japanese DLC Included Free In U.S. Version

Aksys is going all out with the localized version of Deathsmiles. Mega Black Label, an expansion pack that makes Sakura a playable character, adds an extra stage, and level 999 difficulty is on disc.

In Japan, Mega Black Label was released as downloadable content sold for an extra 1,200 Microsoft Points ($15). Recently, Cave put Mega Black Label 1.1 on the Japan’s Xbox Live Marketplace. This add-on is an arranged mode with a new super crown and easy access to Bloody Jitterbug. You have to fork out an extra 240 Microsoft Points ($3) for it in Japan.

Live in North America? Then you get it on disc. The build of Deathsmiles I got from Aksys has M.B.L. Ver 1.1 on the menu. I checked in to make sure this wasn’t a beta-only bonus. A representative confirmed with Siliconera, everyone gets Mega Black Label and Mega Black Label 1.1 on disc. Deathsmiles is also cheaper in North America and comes with two tangible bonuses: a slick faceplate and soundtrack CD.

Good news for the U.S. version. Also, since Sunflower mentioned Raiden IV, just wanted to let everyone know that Raiden Fighters Aces is currently $12.93 (and eligible for free shipping) at Amazon.

sadaiyappan

Please forgive me if this has been asked before, I haven't read the entire thread. But what is the best iPod touch shoot em up?

vulva

I really want to get espgaluda 2 but importing it isn't cheap =(. On one hand, I know it won't show up anywhere near here soon or cheap. On the other hand it's just too pricy for me.

=( I love shootan =((((

Yes Boss! said:
Can anybody comment on the new Senko no Ronde Dou? Never got the first one but is it a necessary pick-up since it is G-Rev?

http://www.shopncsx.com/senkoronde2-1.aspx

I've played it a bit in the arcades.

I'm a little torn on it: I've never liked the controls for the series, and there are no major improvements. However it is pretty fun as gameplay goes. Problem is when you face someone who really knows what they're doing: pure rape.

Not sure if I'm going to pick it up yet just because I've already got a thick backlog building, and Deathsmiles 2 is releasing end of the month.

Tain said:
Otomedius is not good. Can't say I'd really consider picking up any local release.

seems like a parodius with less funny/skill and more ronery boobs fanservice

so basically the trend that all niche genres have been gravitating towards

Yes Boss!

Thanks adverse, I'll probably go ahead and give it a go.

Looking forward to DS II. Don't know anything about the game so it will be nice to see impressions toward the end of the month.

Yes Boss!

Yeah,

Looking good. I just read the cave-stg thread and it seems folks are pretty hot for it. Loved the first. Still won't be able to play it till august since all these recent shooters have been/are being shipped to my west coast address. What's more, I move to Germany in the fall but I'm taking my J-360 with me for shooting fun.

So many shooters this year, crazy!

Dash Kappei

it's there anything cool to download from PSN besides Super Stardust HD?
I've read the OP already, but out of those I only know the awful Soldner X.
Retail (even JPN only) games are appreciated too.

I've slready got most of the stuff on XBLA/EU Xbox 360.

lupin23rd

kassatsu said:
DonPachi (PSone) is available for download for Japanese PSN for ¥600

Which version is better - PSOne or Saturn?

I own the latter but as I have some spare PSN points on the JP store and I have a stick for the PS3 - and don't actually have a Saturn at the moment :lol - wondering if I should double-dip.

At least this is a good indication as any that Dodonpachi will eventually hit PSN.
Might just buy Donpachi anyway even though I kind of hate it.

Dash Kappei

kassatsu said:
DonPachi (PSone) is available for download for Japanese PSN for ¥600

DO WANT!

I've got the retail disc already (whish is seriously scratched, sob!) but man to have it on the ready... now to go Google again on how to buy stuff from the jpn store...

lupin23rd said:
Which version is better - PSOne or Saturn?

I own the latter but as I have some spare PSN points on the JP store and I have a stick for the PS3 - and don't actually have a Saturn at the moment :lol - wondering if I should double-dip.
DonPachi has better sound and less slowdown on PS1.
DoDonPachi is better on PS1 too.

And wow @ the recent localization news
Oh man, I can't wait to see how bad Otomedius is.

Dash Kappei

kassatsu said:
DoDonPachi is out on JPSN now too. ¥600

Still haven't figured out how to buy it since it doesn't accept my Visa... jpn PSN cards are my only saviour I guess, which online retailers sells it that ships to continental Euro?

Top Bottom