• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shooter kills 9 people in Munich before killing himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corto

Stay safe Germany. My parents are just arriving at Berlin... Shit. Hope the catch every attcker involved.

If you're going to mention rumor or "reports" provide a source for the claim, please.

I hope the situation is under control and there aren't too many hurt.

Hazzuh

One of the things I've heard about mass shootings is that lots of media coverage tends to inspire copy-cat events. I wonder if the internet/social media is responsible for what feels like a proliferation in these sorts of attacks.

Man this shit is getting closer and closer to where I live. This is uncomfortably close. Hope they get the situation under control to prevent further losses.

Cub3h

Banned
According to the French PM this is the new normal. I detested Brexit, but I'm beginning to wonder if distancing from the EU and its failed immigration and anti-terror policies is worth the economic downturn. Rather slightly poorer than blown to bits.

TM94

A shame the shooter didn't decide to simply shoot themselves instead of sullying the world with their pitiful acts.

dracula_x

One of the things I've heard about mass shootings is that lots of media coverage tends to inspire copy-cat events. I wonder if the internet/social media is responsible for what feels like a proliferation in these sorts of attacks.

Could be, unfortunately.

photos appearing on twitter, Not verified though if they are from the Mall shooting today. But already several news agencies are reporting fatalities

That's definitely a huge factor unfortunately. That's why ISIS gets to claim responsibility to many terror attacks that they had no direct links to. Not saying that this particular attack has anything to do with them btw.

Sil

Banned
I know you're probably not a cunt but what are you saying here

He's right though, there will be - statistically - more terrorists amongst the refugees considering Germany's higher intake.

It's no secrect or taboo that IS used and is using refugee streams to transport terrorists to Europe in order to spread fear..

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Really getting fucking sick of this shit. I simply don't understand what is wrong with these people.

RangerX

Banned
Jesus the regularity of these events of is depressing. We should wait for legitimate news sources before we start jumping to conclusions. My thoughts are with the families of the victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom