• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Hardyz vs. MNM: ** 1/2
Balls Mahoney vs. Matt Striker: *
FBI, Jr. vs. EE/Turkey: **
Daivari vs. Tommy Dreamer: *
Goth Vampirez vs. Mike Knox(?!) and Kelly: *
EXTREEEME Elimination Chamber: **

December to Dismember Off-the-Record Super Grade:
F

Those all look generous to me.

Casey Michael who has all the women wrestling news

https://twitter.com/badboicasey

As of now Shayna signed and they offered UK type deals to Viper, Toni and Kay Lee Ray. Leaving 2 left.

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/910774227191713792

For the record, Rovert said Meltzer confirmed that (in regards to the UK deals for Toni and Piper). He didn't. He said it was a possibility. Didn't indicate that it was any more or less likely than a standard deal. Though he did say around WM time that he was hearing that WWE was considering Toni for a UK deal.

The last two are almost certainly Candice and Mercedes, considering they were flown in for the finals.

So Shayna, Candice, Mercedes, Toni, Viper, and Kay Lee Ray. A pretty damn good crop of talent there. Combine that with what they already have, and you've got a really great group. Like an excellent one actually.

As a side note, I told you guys they liked KLR and she'd be fine even after being eliminated early. :p

Hopefully Mia Yim

Candice and Mercedes, I'd bet.

I wonder if the "WWE UK" style deals will become more of the standard for international talents now, at least as their initial deals. Not for all of them obviously, but they seem to be giving out a lot of them now.

I also wonder how the stipulations of that deal for Toni, Viper, and KLR (if that is what they got) affect Stardom, considering they and WWE have an antagonistic relationship right now.

Pikma

Banned
For the record, Rovert said Meltzer confirmed that (in regards to the UK deals for Toni and Piper). He didn't. He said it was a possibility. Didn't indicate that it was any more or less likely than a standard deal. Though he did say around WM time that he was hearing that WWE was considering Toni for a UK deal.

The last two are almost certainly Candice and Mercedes, considering they were flown in for the finals.

So Shayna, Candice, Mercedes, Toni, Viper, and Kay Lee Ray. A pretty damn good crop of talent there. Combine that with what they already have, and you've got a really great group. Like an excellent one actually.

As a side note, I told you guys they liked KLR and she'd be fine even after being eliminated early. :p

Candice and Mercedes, I'd bet.
I'm happy for KLR

Why not Mia though? :(

I wonder if the "WWE UK" style deals will become more of the standard for international talents now, at least as their initial deals. Not for all of them obviously, but they seem to be giving out a lot of them now.

I also wonder how the stipulations of that deal for Toni, Viper, and KLR (if that is what they got) affect Stardom, considering they and WWE have an antagonistic relationship right now.
Stardom has a streaming service so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't allow them to show up there unless they were only used for dark matches.

I'm happy for KLR

Why not Mia though? :(

Stardom has a streaming service so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't allow them to show up there unless they were only used for dark matches.

I knew KLR was probably signed when they re-dubbed the commentary and she was basically all the announcers talked about in her match even though she lost.

As for Mia, I'm pretty surprised they haven't picked her up. She's super talented and has been for a while.

And yeah, Stardom is probably a no-go. I'm really still just trying to figure out why Toni won the 5 Star GP.

Consider the already stacked current WWE/NXT roster, then add Donovan Dijak, Pete Dunne (full-time), Tyler Bate (full-time), Trent Seven (full-time), Mercedes Martinez, Candice LeRae, Toni Storm (part-time), Kay Lee Ray (part-time), and Ricochet. Possibly Dragon Lee.

That's where we'll likely be in six months time.

Zach

Earlier WrassleGAF was all like

But now we're all like

somedevil

I knew KLR was probably signed when they re-dubbed the commentary and she was basically all the announcers talked about in her match even though she lost.

As for Mia, I'm pretty surprised they haven't picked her up. She's super talented and has been for a while.

And yeah, Stardom is probably a no-go. I'm really still just trying to figure out why Toni won the 5 Star GP.

Those 3 are under stardom contracts right? So WWE might have just let them do that if they want them exclusive in the US and UK. Plus Stardom is not exactly competition to them.

Those 3 are under stardom contracts right? So WWE might have just let them do that if they want them exclusive in the US and UK. Plus Stardom is not exactly competition to them.

No. Only Toni is actually under contract. And that ends in October. Viper and KLR are freelancers.

And you may think Stardom isn't competition, but apparently Stardom has very ill feelings towards WWE that aren't exactly a secret.

somedevil

No. Only Toni is actually under contract. And that ends in October. Viper and KLR are freelancers.

And you may think Stardom isn't competition, but apparently Stardom has very ill feelings towards WWE that aren't exactly a secret.

I see. I hope they can the most money out these deals equal to British strong style.

Here is a Elias promo:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/911793605953515520

He was one word away from quoting Jesus in John 14:6. The whole promo was basically in a way equating himself to that meaning of that verse.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

They took all of their stars and are like 99% guaranteed to take Toni Storm eventually.

I mean I guess it could not happen but Storm is a bigger get than anyone in the MYC, so I would be incredibly surprised if it didn't happen.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I watched WrestleMania 30 while I made a pot of chili and got sad at how good WWE can be if they have any reason to try.

I watched WrestleMania 30 while I made a pot of chili and got sad at how good WWE can be if they have any reason to try.

If WWE had even just above-average booking and storytelling (while also lifting restrictions on their guys), they'd probably be the best promotion of all-time at the moment considering the level and amount of talent they have right now.

Angry Grimace

If WWE had even just above-average booking and storytelling (while also lifting restrictions on their guys), they'd probably be the best promotion of all-time at the moment considering the level and amount of talent they have right now.

They NEEDED to sell the Network at that point so they had to give in and make it totally awesome.

Instead, we get Reigns main eventing for the fourth straight time. And that's not a knock on Roman, I think Roman is really good and gets a bad rap.

Foggy

Either to piggyback off the exposure from the MYC or Toni is locked down until next year.
Yoko won the white belt
so I doubt Toni wins her championship match.

Angry Grimace

I mean Meltzer says she isn't signed and is still booking stuff so the assumption is she's contracted or isn't signing.

The thing is that Toni is a WWE wet dream (indie darling + gorgeous, not to mention she's a native English speaker) so I don't see any situation in which she doesn't get signed eventually. It's like having Batista running around on an indie circuit and not getting signed to WWE. It's happening. At some point. The idea WWE wouldn't sign her is legitimately ludicrous.

Evolve was a very solid show. Only one real meh match (with Priscilla Kelly balancing it out and botching). And a local 4 way botchfest

Riddle/Williams and Keith Lee/ZSJ were some hot shit and Darby Allin/DJZ had a ridiculous spot match

Either to piggyback off the exposure from the MYC or Toni is locked down until next year.
Yoko won the white belt
so I doubt Toni wins her championship match.

What I had gathered from what I've read is that she signed a one year deal last October. We know she signed last October, but we don't know the length for certain. But typically in Japan, contracts are only a year. Especially for foreigners. A June expiration would be strange no matter what.

I mean Meltzer says she isn't signed and is still booking stuff so the assumption is she's contracted or isn't signing.

The thing is that Toni is a WWE wet dream (indie darling + gorgeous, not to mention she's a native English speaker) so I don't see any situation in which she doesn't get signed eventually. It's like having Batista running around on an indie circuit and not getting signed to WWE. It's happening. At some point. The idea WWE wouldn't sign her is legitimately ludicrous.

If she is getting a UK style deal, her continuing to take indie bookings wouldn't be strange at all.

Also, Toni has been way too vocal about wanting to be in WWE for me to believe she'd turn down a contract from them if it was offered.

THE GUY

Banned
Mad hyped for No Mercy. Raw PPVs have been pretty good this year in general, and I think this could be one of the best in years. Expecting it takes a total of 3 F5s to put Strowman down, and Reigns dominates Cena inside 15 minutes.

Foggy

What I had gathered from what I've read is that she signed a one year deal last October. We know she signed last October, but we don't know the length for certain. But typically in Japan, contracts are only a year. Especially for foreigners. A June expiration would be strange no matter what.

This is the exchange from /r/stardomjoshi. You can take it for whatever it's worth.

I wonder if stardom know something of Toni Storm that we don't know, cause all hints said she is going to wwe very soon

We know many things. We have foreign wrestlers booked thru next June

Top Bottom