• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

So I missed the discussion here re: Strowman and Brock. Was hyped to the moon for that match and thought it was one of the worst booked matches of the year. Not trying to be hyperbolic or anything. Was hoping for two monsters to eat each other up and then pacing dies as soon as Brock goes technical wrestling on the guy.

Lastly, it reenforced, to me, that Braun is not ready. The difference in selling is night and day between those two and Braun still has these goofy faces he won't stop making (deer in headlight looks).

THE GUY

Banned
So I missed the discussion here re: Strowman and Brock. Was hyped to the moon for that match and thought it was one of the worst booked matches of the year. Not trying to be hyperbolic or anything. Was hoping for two monsters to eat each other up and then pacing dies as soon as Brock goes technical wrestling on the guy.

Lastly, it reenforced, to me, that Braun is not ready. The difference in selling is night and day between those two and Braun still has these goofy faces he won't stop making (deer in headlight looks).
I think the crowd hurt it too. I feel the match would've come across better if there wasn't silence for a lot of it.

Jack B > Jumbo

Well, I guess there's a handful of acceptable alternatives and Jack's definitely one of them. Still prefer Jumbo though :p

Also;

bCGQWfU.gif

I think the crowd hurt it too. I feel the match would've come across better if there wasn't silence for a lot of it.

I wonder if their suspension of disbelief was non existen like mine was. Brock has his armed locked and braun is standing there with his right arm free and does nothing subsequently losing because of it.

It was just weird. I wonder if something went wrong. I also saw a lot of audibles getting called during the match.

No hyperbole detected. It was pretty easily the most disappointing match of the year.

Somehow Strowman had a better match with Ambrose on raw.

No hyperbole detected. It was pretty easily the most disappointing match of the year.

Somehow Strowman had a better match with Ambrose on raw.

Strowman has had a killer year. I think something went awry during their match. Perhaps a rematch is due down the road.

I missed RAW and will catch that match. Thanks for headsup.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So if the entire 205 Live division have forfeited their title opportunities, what happens to the title picture? I actually want to tune in to 205 Live to find out. I actually want to watch 205 Live. Good lord.

The point where I realized this with Braun was on the countout spot. He just shot up and ran in. He also had a hard time handling the stumbling slow sell

I still enjoy Braun and his stories so far but I agree this match highlighted some of his weak points

Watching Bash at the Beach 1995, what a weird damn event

Renegade is such a blatant Ultimate Warrior rip off

Meng/Haiku constant HUS-OH all over the match is cracking me because I never noticed until JP made jokes on TLP.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if their suspension of disbelief was non existen like mine was. Brock has his armed locked and braun is standing there with his right arm free and does nothing subsequently losing because of it.

It was just weird. I wonder if something went wrong. I also saw a lot of audibles getting called during the match.

I had a bad time with it as well.

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 9/25/17

8pm: 3.121
9pm: 3.081
10pm: 2.568

Avg: 2.923

Last year they did 2.478 million against football and the debate.

Omega is on all US dates of the ROH tour and is defending against Yoshi in Chicago

Gross but cool for non Chicagoans (and kind of shady to sell that event on his name but whatever)

Nekofrog

Banned
I just can't ever get over Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson's mullets. Mullets in general have always been just the worst, but they somehow manage to take a truly ugly hair style and make it look ten times worse than it would on anyone else.

And I'm talking about before their hair started thinning out, back when it was still youthful and full.

If the mullet ever comes back in style someone ddt me into some concrete and put me out of my misery

The point where I realized this with Braun was on the countout spot. He just shot up and ran in. He also had a hard time handling the stumbling slow sell

I still enjoy Braun and his stories so far but I agree this match highlighted some of his weak points
That's the second time he's done that. He did it during that last man standing match too. Just hopped straight up when the ref was on 9. He's always had an issue with that stumbling too, but he rarely has to sell other's offense too.

I still like him for the sake of fuckery.

That third hour...

Meltzer said WWE (Vince) were caught off guard by the audience's hype for that match, but just decided to go ahead with their predetermined script. You wanted a monster hoss fight, Vince was never interested in that. Brock appears to be only able to go 10 minutes these days, so they had a relatively standard WWE match, with the focus on getting the F5 over so Roman can kick out of ten of them later.

Both WWE and their audience has given-up on the 3rd hour

shaowebb

And now for your moment of bumps. Who bumped it better edition!
rDjNPmS.gif

or
xCoSwWP.gif

Bonus round! Superkick Party!
SAPpqTd.gif
FmioNr9.gif

My votes go to the dude Nigel McGuiness destroys and Jigsaw's sell of the superkick party

Syder

When is Donald going to tweet about Vince's bad ratings?

...SAD!
Meltzer said WWE (Vince) were caught off guard by the audience's hype for that match, but just decided to go ahead with their predetermined script. You wanted a monster hoss fight, Vince was never interested in that. Brock appears to be only able to go 10 minutes these days, so they had a relatively standard WWE match, with the focus on getting the F5 over so Roman can kick out of ten of them later.
Vince wanted The Monster and The Beast to have a technical match or something?

Also, lol @ them being caught off-guard by the hype for the main event. Braun Strowman has consistently maintained fan support despite them doing their best to fuck it up.

Completely clueless.

Nope, cause right now their viewership has been up compared to last year since football started and been up 6 out of the last 8 weeks.

They just need to find a way to get people to stay for the 3rd hour.

That last hour was rough even for me sometimes when I use to watch Raw live. Now I've just started to watch the 90 min Hulu version and after its over I go to wwe.com to see which matches I missed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was not Tozawa, Shingo and another guy the ones involved in the animal abuse case in DG?.

Yup!
Uh...What????

Heard a rumor and I asked the invaluable LENNY~ to see what he could find about Dragon Gate's pet monkey being misused. I'll just C&P what he wrote me.

- They choked it by the neck until it passed out.

- They burned it with charcoal.

- They threw it into a tub of boiling hot water.

- Not sure on this one but it looks like they blew air into its mouth and it would cause it to crap instantly.

- They gave it sake regularly until it would pass out.

- Drag it around by a chain on its neck.

- attached fire crackers to it and lit them

- lock it in a box and spray antiperspirant in the box causing it to freak out.

It really disgusting stuff and they created a huge mound of evidence. These people are f****** cretins.

Here's some links to some of the posts. You can see the monkey is often bruised and bleeding. The first link is Shingo's blog taking a picture of the monkey being choked unconscious, it's disgusting.

http://spora.jp/takagishingo/archive/909/0 - choking

http://spora.jp/araken/archive/472/0 - abuse

http://spora.jp/araken/archive/731/0 - drunk

http://spora.jp/araken/archive/740/0 - dragging

The police in Japan are all over it as well.

This reminds me of an incident where two random teenagers posted video of themselves abusing a cat. It also reminds me of the Jacksons discussing how the Dragon Gate crew abuses Stalker Ichikawa (hair ripping, shoot punches) non-stop on the road.

So... yeah.
DVDR

I told you all wrestlers are bad.

somedevil

I think it's impossible at this point. They could advertise Stone Cold Steve Austin coming back to wrestle in the main event and the 3rd hour would still drop

I mean if they raise the viewership for the 3rd hour by 100,000 than it matches October 2016 3rd hour viewership.

Top Bottom