• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Nintendo Fans be laughing right about now?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
What with Microsoft making a switch. No wait they are going third party. Or letting people have all their games or not who knows.

It’s cool just enjoy what you want who cares. Nintendo have been on deaths door nearly every other console release.
For MS fans etc who think this is the end I say.
first time GIF

Anyway what with Nintendo making the switch sell shit loads and basically putting AAA games to shame. All the time. I mean if you don’t care about graphics/resolution or frame rate

The switch is still going.

Maybe us Nintendo fans just

Shigeru Miyamoto Hello GIF by Leroy Patterson

video games news GIF by NowThis

Cheers.

PlayStation and XBoX fans who don’t care about the rumours etc. Let’s all laugh together and enjoy gaming.

Despicable Me Lol GIF

Not a cry for help
Not an account suicide either. Peace out.
Just making a silly response to all those threads.

But most of all ok sure PC gamers are laughing the hardest.

Ps what is Ray tracing ?

Last edited:

Rickyiez

What is there to laugh, being a platform loyalist is like the dumbest thing ever.

For me I will just buy any console that has the games I wanted to play, simple.

For example if Miyazaki announced Bloodborne 2 will be on iOS only, I will duckin buy an IPad pro for that.

Last edited:

JordiENP

We shouldn't laugh too hard considering Nintendo could make the switch 2 and a sequel to twilight princess to sell billions just as much as they can try the wii u 2 and a cell shade zelda with trains and weird controllers. Let's just maintain the humbleness.

Call me naive, but I genuinely thought we were done with all of this console fan fighting and laughing at each other, years ago...

I have played PlayStation all my life, mostly because they had games I wanted to play, and they were more available here in my city.

Recently I have been playing solely Nintendo games through Emulation. And I plan on getting a Switch, so I can play Bayonetta 2 and 3.

And later I plan on getting a PC, so I can play fighting games and Final Fantasy 13 and 16 (When it comes out there).

Like... It has always been about what is convenient, and the games they offer. I don't want to laugh at anybody.

People evidently care about this, I don't. I just want to play games.

mrcroket

Nintendo at death's door? Not even close. Nintendo has always had a console busting the market.

In its "worst" times (N64, gamecube and Wii U) it had the gameboy color/advance, nds and 3ds selling millions and possibly generating (taking into account the lower price of game development for these platforms and hardware profits) much more than the competition.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Nintendo at death's door? Not even close. Nintendo has always had a console busting the market.

In its "worst" times (N64, gamecube and Wii U) it had the gameboy color/advance, nds and 3ds selling millions and possibly generating (taking into account the lower price of game development for these platforms and hardware profits) much more than the competition.
No according to the internet.
Remember when I wars took a pay cut because the Wii-u didn’t sell loads.

Ribi

Why they barely even have a functioning online and no one ever talks about getting a switch as their main console. 480p Halo? Is that what Nintendo fans want because of they get any game made in the past 10 years that's what they're gnna get and at that point why even bother playing on switch when you can play it literally anywhere else.

Why are Nintendo fans so delusional

Last edited:

Holammer

Don't invite karmic justice, so avoid laughing for now. Who knows if MS & Nintendo announce a partnership for an ironic twist? Unlikely, but it COULD happen.
Then there's the possibility that Nintendo's Next Gen system does a 3DS/WiiU and flops horribly.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Why they barely even have a functioning online and no one ever talks about getting a switch as their main console. 480p Halo? Is that what Nintendo fans want because of they get any game made in the past 10 years that's what they're gnna get and at that point why even bother playing on switch when you can play it literally anywhere else.

Why are Nintendo fans so delusional
Anthony Anderson GIF by Kids' Choice Awards

Dazraell

As much as memes are entertaining, I don't see a reason why they should laugh. In the end this means more games for them, including some that have potential to sell very well on other platforms

Xaeroxcore666

Neo Member
Competition is good for the consumer. Everyone should be sad about Microsoft's inability to compete except Sony and Nintendo employees and shareholders.
Nailed it...When Sega left the console market there were a big impact on industry that i´d dare to say last until this day. MS with Xbox could fill part of that hole, and that´s why OG Xbox en 360 were great systems, and 360 even won great part of 7th gen to Sony which is no small thing....Those times were also when PS2 and PS3 received most of its most loved and remembered games and even new IPs...That was thanks to a strong competion on its direct market niche...So instead of laughing, PlayStation only users should be worried, because with no direct competition (Nintendo is always on its own thing), in some way Sony wouldnt feel the need of bring better hardware, software and services to a base of users that already have nowhere to go on the niche of "high end" desktop console market. For me, it was a mistake of MS to start launching AAA Xbox exclusives on PC at the same time, because several people, me included, took the option to build a gaming PC instead of buying an Xbox...

jufonuk

not tag worthy
To be fair to poster above. The later Xbox systems to my mind are just one step away from PC’s just at a lower price.

The 360 felt to me like a continuation of the Dreamcast.

killatopak

Dunno about fans but the execs definitely are.

This is the company that thinks Nintendo's future is off their hardware.

In an ironic turn of events, they are in that exact same situation.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I remember Nintendo fanboys gloating like this during the Wii era, only for Nintendo to follow it up with their worst selling console ever. Wii U was so bad it almost put them out of business.

So no, Nintendo fans shouldn’t be laughing. They should be praying that Nintendo doesn’t yet again fumble their commanding lead in the game industry.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
The real Nintendo loyalists don’t care about other platforms.
Talk about kicking the proverbial dead horse. I've been extremely happy with my Switch+PC combination. My backlog grows on both, Never bored.
That aside... I really think it's sad what is happening with Xbox. 2007-Me would have been doing a fucking Riverdance, complete with confetti and Mariachi band, but, no... after time to mature and seeing things from what is ultimately a new perspective... I don't feel good about seeing the Hardware go the way of the Dodo bird.

I think the only laughs to be had are at the expensive of the hardcore fanboys. That is where the comedy is.

ReyBrujo

You make fun of rivals, and Microsoft wasn't Nintendo's rival, it was Sega (especially in US with Howard Lincoln and Tom Kalinske). Microsoft? They are a competitor and with competitors you are fair.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
If they lack emotional maturity then sure, they should be laughing. Since so many are literal children it would make sense. If they're not children but are adults emotionally invested in which company sells the most toys then that is weird. And a little sad.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I want what's best for the industry, and this happens to coincide much more with the way Nintendo operates than Microsoft.

So yeah, I'm happy when the former is successful and the latter, much less so.

Top Bottom