• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2014 Edition

Atlas157

Firs time posting in here. It's simple but I like it.(Need a new KB)

jb1FAgp.png

What desk is that? Where can I get it?

skyz23

Neo Member
IzdAqW7.jpg

After seeing a gaffer paint his shelf white, gave me some inspiration to spend some time on this old desk that is looking really worn out. took out all the drawers, and sanded it down. bought primer and top coat. Did 1 coat primer and 2 top coats.

tN7urIq.jpg

Pretty happy with how it turned out. Although you can still see some dents on the front, but this was really my first time painting anything. So I will learn for next time.

E0i3zN0.jpg

Mascot

Just scored an absolute bargain of doom. A business up the road is closing and are flogging off their furniture. Got this Swedish-made corner desk with two matching pedestal drawer units (not shown - too heavy to carry up the stairs by myself..!) plus a new 4m-long industrial mat (ideal for in the garage leading into the house), all for £10. I'd have nabbed a few of their chairs if I didn't already have more than I need.

Man, the desk is solid. 30mm veneered MDF on a steel frame. Really well made. Nearly killed me getting it upstairs even after a full disassemble.

Chuffed!

IMG_20140807_222324.jpg

jcm

Some more work in progress from this state:

To this:

And some more pics for future outlets:

That's very impressive workmanship.

After seeing a gaffer paint his shelf white, gave me some inspiration to spend some time on this old desk that is looking really worn out. took out all the drawers, and sanded it down. bought primer and top coat. Did 1 coat primer and 2 top coats.

Pretty happy with how it turned out. Although you can still see some dents on the front, but this was really my first time painting anything. So I will learn for next time.

Great job! Painting old furniture can really make a difference. That desk looks brand new.

I said a few months ago we were having a house built and I wanted to show it off.

We've moved in, got everything unpacked except we dont have shit on the walls or shelves for figures or anything (spent all our money on the house so far)

I really want to show off everything

Theman2k

That's very impressive workmanship.

I didn't do it. I hired some professionals for this.
The planning was me.

Now after the plaster we painted the walls the first coat.
It looks so much better, with the added new furniture and hardware it will look even better i hope.

Akomix

Even before actually joining NeoGAF I followed this thread. I have gotten so many wonderful ideas from here. I've finally acquired my own apartment and have worked to do the best with it that I can. Please don't mind the cable management as I was so excited to finally have everything setup that I didn't bother with it yet. I'm always down for further critiquing of my setup.
Here's some pics:
14848280856_b75738f1c9_h.jpg

14684745257_16faec16c4_h.jpg

tenz0r

Even before actually joining NeoGAF I followed this thread. I have gotten so many wonderful ideas from here. I've finally acquired my own apartment and have worked to do the best with it that I can. Please don't mind the cable management as I was so excited to finally have everything setup that I didn't bother with it yet. I'm always down for further critiquing of my setup.
Here's some pics:
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3926/14848280856_b75738f1c9_h.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3873/14684745257_16faec16c4_h.jpg

Nice setup. I love how clean and simple it looks, and love the black and white color theme. What is that digital clock/program you have running on the monitor? Where can I get something like that? Is that a screen saver?

Akomix

Nice setup. I love how clean and simple it looks, and love the black and white color theme. What is that digital clock/program you have running on the monitor? Where can I get something like that? Is that a screen saver?

It is indeed a screen saver, but it's for XBMC called Qlock. XBMC, now Kodi, is a program/front I'm running on my HTPC for all my media. It's really nice and I can't recommend it enough.

Stevey

Nice setup, but I couldn't play with a big loop of cable on my mouse like that.

]

What keyboard is that? It's very nice.

Grief.exe

This is my current desk setup. I apologize for the phone camera quality.

20140808_172749cvf8a.jpg

Here's some pics:
14848280856_b75738f1c9_h.jpg

14684745257_16faec16c4_h.jpg

I need to get a new headphone stand.

5040013696624p

eso76

Any non-US gaffers check out the Ikea Galant replacement "Bekant" yet?

just saw it yesterday.

didn't like it at all personally plus it's asymmetrical in shape, has rounded edges and bevels and it's impossible to match with other desk elements.

Plus IKEA stopped producing corner elements for their BESTA series, which sent me back to the drawing board for the studio.

Mascot

Cross-post from the gaming TV thread:

Out with the old...

IMG_20140811_170704.jpg

In with the new...

IMG_20140811_193303.jpg

Loving this new Samsung UE32H5000, especially for £180 delivered.

(apolos for the fuzzy-ass phone pics)

vvise

I'm building a new computer case and I feel like this is a good place to share it. The dimensions are 2 feet long, 1 foot across, 1/2 foot tall. The channel up the side will be for cable management.

the progress so far (don't worry that's a dead mobo used for reference) :
10475001_576842905770148_359691693_n.jpg

the plan:
BsOoyJPCEAEQsU5.png:large

I'll post pictures of my triple monitor setup when this bad boy is sitting next to it.

Finished up! Here's the rest of the build and finished product. I plan on swapping out the white weather stripping for black soon. (also ignore my gravity mounted drives)

10518256_289324264586258_918216555_n.jpg

10570025_1538023959753788_1494025222_n.jpg

10549837_545093535618677_153132102_n.jpg

10576001_338261739672894_1547825666_n.jpg

929154_675802325842863_2028398752_n.jpg

All fans are controlled down to very low RPM and the case runs really quiet and very cool :) overall engineering success. Also yes GTX 670 with a dedicated 260 PhysX card.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
This is my PC setup - obviously, haven't done any tidying for this photo - just thought I'd rep it's ruggish charm - Note, the Normandy protects my Dell U2713HM at all times, it is the gate keeper. Consoles-TV lounge gaming setup/'Cleaned and Sterilized' PC Gaming Setup Pics to come in future update. Oh
, and the cologne on the left is for any mid-gaming game I may need.....lol

Top Bottom