• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

JMZ555

Looks amazing Goemon_Godo, wish i had that big of space to use. What projector you got? Looks like a JVC model.

finalflame

Just moved! Really happy with the new setup, considering I barely had any space at my last place. Unfortunately most of my games/collectibles didn't come with me when I moved states, but ah well.

7G8CShJ.jpg

qKb5MXk.jpg

Loxley

My room has new seats and the tech room has a new minibar with own decor, a blu-ray shelf and an updated gaming PC.
Behind the pedestal there's also a hidden wheel stand Pro V2 with a Logitech G27 which only comes out when I like to race (waiting for Project Cars!).

piercehappy5lj1s.gif

Amazing O.O

alexbull_uk

Here's mine. Highlights include a PS4, Xbone (and their last-gen counterparts), WiiU, and a decent PC (i5-3570k + GTX 780) all hooked up to a 4K LG TV. Currently replaying Bioshock Infinite but in 4K and it's pretty awesome.

DZ1uF1v.jpg

It's getting there. I'd love my own place where I could have all this on a nice unit or something, but for now this suits me pretty well.

sfedai0

Banned
Why would anyone stack something on top of their consoles? Let alone another electrical item that produces heat?

finalflame

Why's that?

Because it's inevitably going to scratch the shit out of the console? I suppose some people don't care about that kind of stuff. It would drive me nuts. I've managed to keep my PS4's glossy panel 100% scratch free by just not having shit all over it, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Why would anyone stack something on top of their consoles? Let alone another electrical item that produces heat?

I'm with you. My consoles (all my devices/belongings, really) are treated like royalty and I like to keep them pristine whenever it's possible. The combination of stacked, heat-producing consoles, one of which is hanging off the side, and a fan, just drives the OCD inside of me nuts.

Different strokes for different folks, though.

Just for information: The wall colour looks brighter than it actually is because of the long exposure. It's about 50% gray. You can see the it nearly on one photo from the tech room. It's the same gray.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Goemon, if you don't me asking but how much did that cost overall to be done? I'd imagine it's not that expensive as it seems if you know the right DIY tools and things right?

My room has new seats and the tech room has a new minibar with own decor, a blu-ray shelf and an updated gaming PC.
Behind the pedestal there's also a hidden wheel stand Pro V2 with a Logitech G27 which only comes out when I like to race (waiting for Project Cars!).

-snip-

53239-jerry-seinfeld-Im-out-gif-0qdn.gif

Goemon, if you don't me asking but how much did that cost overall to be done? I'd imagine it's not that expensive as it seems if you know the right DIY tools and things right?

As you can imagine, it wasn't a cheap project. I can't tell you the overall costs. But I'm not a rich man and I did everything by myself so it wasn't too expansive. But we build a house right next to the old garage where the home cinema is build into and therefore it was just the right time to do this project in terms of finance. Otherwise I wouldn't have made it.

The Flash

Banned

And the winner of the "Gaming Setup You Wish You Had But Never Will: 2015 Edition" post goes to...Goemon_Godo.

cakely

*snip*

Well, that's fairly amazing. Nicely done!

Jomjom

Banned
As you can imagine, it wasn't a cheap project. I can't tell you the overall costs. But I'm not a rich man and I did everything by myself so it wasn't too expansive. But we build a house right next to the old garage where the home cinema is build into and therefore it was just the right time to do this project in terms of finance. Otherwise I wouldn't have made it.

I'm assuming you are an experienced electrician and builder to be able to do all that?

I'm about to close on my first home and would love to DIY something like that, but I'm guessing that's not something you can learn just from some books and Youtube videos.

Allforce

I'm assuming you are an experienced electrician and builder to be able to do all that?

I'm about to close on my first home and would love to DIY something like that, but I'm guessing that's not something you can learn just from some books and Youtube videos.

You totally can if you're focused and detail-oriented. It's not that complicated running power and wiring for home theater. Even LESS complicated when you're doing it before finishing a room and have complete access before drywall and all that stuff goes up. I DIY'd my entire setup at my old place and ran every possible combination of wiring I could think of in tons of different combinations. Speaker-wire, HDMI, alternate power outlets in the ceiling (that I never used but had in place in case I ever DID want to). Really paid off when we sold the place and could point out how versatile the room was.

It's when you want to retroactively run all that stuff that the difficulty and frustration ramps up significantly and you're better off hiring a professional.

Jomjom

Banned
You totally can if you're focused and detail-oriented. It's not that complicated running power and wiring for home theater. Even LESS complicated when you're doing it before finishing a room and have complete access before drywall and all that stuff goes up. I DIY'd my entire setup at my old place and ran every possible combination of wiring I could think of in tons of different combinations. Speaker-wire, HDMI, alternate power outlets in the ceiling (that I never used but had in place in case I ever DID want to). Really paid off when we sold the place and could point out how versatile the room was.

It's when you want to retroactively run all that stuff that the difficulty and frustration ramps up significantly and you're better off hiring a professional.

Ah thats great to hear. I will have to start reading up. Thanks!

No, I'm not. I had help with the electrician that's it. The rest is just hobby.

Tabris

Hey Goemon, what's your normal living room like? That's an awesome theatre setup, but what do you do when you are just chilling / want to lay on a couch, or have company over?

Cider

That is so very nice :O Remember the days of MTV Cribs? That's where I would imagine seeing that setup, celebrities' homes bro. Good for you, awesome room :D

Hey Goemon, what's your normal living room like? That's an awesome theatre setup, but what do you do when you are just chilling / want to lay on a couch, or have company over?

Like a normal living room with a 50inch Panasonic TV, 5.0 Heco/Yamaha Sound System, Blu-ray player, Fire TV and second cable sets (and WiiU AC adapter + sensorbar) for the consoles so that I can connect my PS4 or WiiU easily to the TV in the living room when I want to.

Like a normal living room with a 50inch Panasonic TV, 5.0 Heco/Yamaha Sound System, Blu-ray player, Fire TV and second cable sets (and WiiU AC adapter + sensorbar) for the consoles so that I can connect my PS4 or WiiU easily to the TV in the living room when I want to.

I think he wanted more pics. :3

WEEZamL.jpg

Home theater bare; Custom made home theater shelving. Speakers not installed and no video equipment installed.
ywLFX3U.jpg

Closer front view; Shows a close-up of the entertainment center.
OKqmQ6R.jpg

Wide front view; Shows the front of the entertainment space from the middle of the room. You can also see the front wide in-ceiling speakers.
RYq24wI.jpg

Front left close; Shows the left side of the entertainment center close up.
P3TLecc.jpg

Center close up; Shows the center of the entertainment center close up.
X5X2I5Z.jpg

Front right close; Shows a closer view of the front right of the custom entertainment center.
w3wYirh.jpg

Front right wall; Another AcmeArchives piece.
EBuoagT.jpg

Right wall; Shows right wall with in-wall right surround speaker and my favorite Halo print from AcmeArchivesDirect.
70XurZn.jpg

Front left wall; More Halo prints, these are actually from before Microsoft partnered with AcmeArchives afaik. These were limited prints directly from Bungie at the time.
R6XQ9Kx.jpg

Left wall; Shows another AcmeArchives Halo print and the left surround in-wall speaker.
ikPnZTr.jpg

Rear view wide; Shows custom couch setup viewed from the front of the room.
Kh0HClx.jpg

In-ceiling speakers; Shows the duplicated surround left and right in-ceiling speakers as well as the rear surround in-ceiling speakers.
s80dLDw.jpg

General use PC; Mounted in space trimmed out under widened staircase.
2Y8vPeV.jpg

Retro TV spot; Located in a spare bedroom too the left of the main entertainment room

Weetrick

So this is it, the last pictures I'll ever take of my current setup. I'll be moving my stuff in the coming months to my new (and hopefully) upgraded game room in my new house. I'm gonna miss this place. Lots of good memories here.

Can I come over and play?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
SicSemperTyrannis is that baseboard heater active?

If yes, that kinda stuff makes me nervous.

If no, why not tear that shit out ;P

Just looks off to me, I think I would have moved it up the wall rather than build around it. Awesome setup aside from that nit-pick though ;)

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Oh, and this is my Setup for PC gaming & GAF browsing while watching hockey (damn Habs losing again tonight!).

Nothing special.

LqqXhvf.png

SicSemperTyrannis is that baseboard heater active?

If yes, that kinda stuff makes me nervous.

If no, why not tear that shit out ;P

Just looks off to me, I think I would have moved it up the wall rather than build around it. Awesome setup aside from that nit-pick though ;)

It is active, but it is about a foot of baseboard heat along that front side. I don't know why that would make you anxious, I also have my couch in front of the baseboard >.< I don't know many houses with all of the baseboard heat exposed 100% The main reason I decided to notch out the left side of the cabinet like that is so the entire cabinet would otherwise be completely symmetrical which is a pet peeve I have. It also doesn't bother me because I left space for limited air movement along the cabinet and I also don't have any electronics in that section, so I'm not worried it will be too hot.

Top Bottom