• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

KaYotiX

Banned
Pretty much the same as last 2 years. Just a little more dirty since we have a 2 year old lol. Love my 72" Sharp Aquos still :)

1420741587008_zps96d29cfa.jpg

1420741689657_zps8fe94f3f.jpg

Room needs a dusting, being black glass everywhere doesn't help it just shows it up.

TV is a 50" B650 Plasma, still going strong, calibrated it with a colour meter myself. Havent had a reason to upgrade it since it's always looked so good.

Onkyo TXSR707 AVR
Earthquake Platine Noiree speakers
Paradigm Seismic 110 Sub
Earthquake QM10B (?) tactile transducer (same thing as a buttkicker basically) running off Earthquake amp.

DSC_0030_zpse50e62fa.jpg

What is that stand on the left? I am looking at maybe getting something vertical to hold my systems and so am open to possibilities.

Lovely setup guys, you should be proud!

My biggest problem is space. I play games/ watch movies in my loft (attic) and it's such a tiny wee room. Maybe one day I'll have double the floor space but I'll make do for the moment.
setup8_zps793b7579.jpg

I love the little snack stand and I'm not even sure why

Damn these posts are making me jealous beyond belief. Almost didn't want to share mine since it's pretty low key in comparison.

:)

I have that book! And the DC one :D Moved into my house a month ago and am still waiting on furniture (and proper wiring, oy), will post once things are actually set up.

Robby C

Neo Member
Hi everyone! Happy new year, some great looking setups allready.

As much as i love christmas, it felt good to get things back to normal and its a good chance for a quick sort/tidy!

Not much has changed with mine, few tweaks here and there..

I put a new glass top on my table, as it was just gradually getting damaged, glass is toughened so can pretty much put anything on it

fsKHtell.jpg

I put another piece underneath, for extra concealed storage space, usually put my games and pads under here, aswell as the remotes.

NN3RzSel.jpg

Lights as bright as ever, i always set the lighting to how i feel if that makes sense, if i just wanna chill i might put it to a deep blue etc.

RXoHHVNl.jpg

Mounted my rear speakers, in doing so i managed to hide the cables, this is 10x better than having them on speaker stands, it really improves the sound quality too, hear so much more and it really makes a difference, the brackets were a good price too!

oKdHTHel.jpg

gQFAP1Yl.jpg

Just like last years pic, got my subwoofer tucked nicely in the corner. the doorstop is drilled nicely into the concrete floor, so its impossible for the door to hit it, - no matter how hard you try!

gufGY8hl.jpg

concealed screen, hope the motor doesnt conk out for a long time as i'd have to make a bit of a mess to get back into it! kinda like a piggy bank when you have to smash it open ha.....(yes, weird metaphor ha)

kYysYYWl.jpg

hWdWGnPl.jpg

mAbnQXwl.jpg

The Avengers was on tv, cant wait for Age of Ultron! I do usually turn the lights off when watching the projector, i left them on for the pic.

uMD7ovzl.jpg

Another new item for 2015, i had a canvas made, me and my girlfriend wrote out a lot of film quotes for our favourite movies, and had em put in as like a collage, people are always looking at it trying to figure out what quotes from what lol. i decided to backlight it so it doubles as a lamp, does a great job! people seem to notice the quotes a lot more.

gufTKf8l.jpg

How many can you spot?

4sAYDMQl.jpg

The room isnt massive, it is also our living room as you can probably tell. i try and double it as the home cinema room but in doing so i have tried not to over-do it, which is why it seems fairly simple. will be painting and decorating it in the next few months i think.

Qasiel

Fantastic pictures all round. I think on my next set of days off, I'll tidy up my place a bit and finally get some pictures on here. I love this thread!

Paertan

Another new item for 2015, i had a canvas made, me and my girlfriend wrote out a lot of film quotes for our favourite movies, and had em put in as like a collage, people are always looking at it trying to figure out what quotes from what lol. i decided to backlight it so it doubles as a lamp, does a great job! people seem to notice the quotes a lot more.

http://i.imgur.com/gufTKf8l.jpg

How many can you spot?

http://i.imgur.com/4sAYDMQl.jpg

The room isnt massive, it is also our living room as you can probably tell. i try and double it as the home cinema room but in doing so i have tried not to over-do it, which is why it seems fairly simple. will be painting and decorating it in the next few months i think.

That is an awesome idea! Need to remember this

Ultima_5

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7510/15608560533_9a3269c408_b.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7551/16226540051_3ee232f7c5_b.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8611/16226535161_c8c78a391d_b.jpg

hey, i went to mizzou

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
017.jpg

I talk a bit about how I arrived at this storage system in the video link up at the top. It will also give you a better look at the discs and a quick overview of the room..

Thanks!

Holy shit. This is godlike. However, looking at the price of the sleeves and looking at my 3000+ anime disc collection, I weep were I to attempt something similar.

God tier set up though!

myelin

Neo Member
I really, really like this! Which I had this much space for my PC desk/setup.

thanks! we have a finished basement, and this is the "media room." the room wasn't large enough for the projection setup i planned, so we put the projector in the other room and made this my office. my wife is awesome for letting me have this space to myself.

Peltz

Reserved. My setup has changed and is being worked on. Will update soon.

Keep the pretty images coming Gaf :) So much swagger in this thread.

Bonk

Not trying to seem weird, but where do you live? I love the way your place is set up.

Thanks! I live in Munich, Germany. And I am pretty happy to have found such a place here (Munich having the most difficult apartment rental market in Germany). It is totally worth it to carry everything in the fifth floor with no elevator. ;-) Maybe I find the time to make some more shots in a few days...

RayStorm

Thanks! I live in Munich, Germany. And I am pretty happy to have found such a place here (Munich having the most difficult apartment rental market in Germany). It is totally worth it to carry everything in the fifth floor with no elevator. ;-) Maybe I find the time to make some more shots in a few days...

But that looks like quite a modern building if I'm not mixing it up. No elevator seems odd. I assume that's why no one else wanted it? ;)

Bonk

But that looks like quite a modern building if I'm not mixing it up. No elevator seems odd. I assume that's why no one else wanted it? ;)

Might be. ;-) In fact only the fifth floor (2appartments) is new, they built it on top of an old 60s house. It's kind of a trend actually to create more space that way in the city...

AudioFenix

Neo Member
Like others said, I just love browsing this thread. I should have something to contribute here in the next month or so after moving into a house.

Here's mine, nothing too exciting compared to some in this thread.

Samsung 40" TV
Yamaha RX-V375 AV receiver
Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 speakers
PS4
Samsung Blu-ray player
Sky+HD

imagejpg1_zps3ff208c6.jpg

hotandserious

Neo Member
Holy shit. This is godlike. However, looking at the price of the sleeves and looking at my 3000+ anime disc collection, I weep were I to attempt something similar.

God tier set up though!

Big 6000+ DVD & Blu-ray Collection Storage Solution - YouTube

Thanks Kintaro. I really had to approach the cost of the sleeves and the drawers as an investment in the home theater itself. For us, it has been 2000% worth it. The collection would have been really unwieldy without some kind of organization - LOL.

I purchased the sleeves from bags unlimited years ago and was able to negotiate a nice discount for buying in bulk. So if you decide to go for it, it is worth asking for some $$$ off if placing a big order.

014.jpg

015.jpg

enewtabie

42" Panasonic TV
PS4, Wii U, Xbox One and Wii( for Gamecube)
PS Vita and Xbox 360 is our bedroom.
Needs more stuff on the walls.

Bonk

Awesome. Love the view!

Blue tv stand and yellow table. Are you swedish?

Actually it is petrol and a somewhat greenish oak. I guess the color is not totally accurate. So no, german. ;-)

To complete my audio set here are the satellites including my diy stands which I am pretty proud of :)

Living room:

5926RUF.jpg

a2UIA1j.jpg

xQw4MXc.jpg

And some winter view as we had snow over the holidays...

oDygYfD.jpg

Satellites and stands:

1qOzACa.jpg

DtD5UlJ.jpg

iyEiy0P.jpg

e82rkDM.jpg

Elitist1945

So I dislike my current setup and want an 'ultimate' PC area, so to speak. Anyone have anything to recommend that would help me achieve that?

bathsalts

Here's my decidedly spartan, function over form setup, doubles as my bike workshop in the winter because the garage is too cold.
6TY49Zh.jpg

4ZdbSSZ.jpg

Np2Q83s.jpg

1wFaBzq.jpg

Some of you guys have some absolutely gorgeous rooms, my hat is off to those that can maintain those ultra clean modern looks.

myelin

Neo Member
So I dislike my current setup and want an 'ultimate' PC area, so to speak. Anyone have anything to recommend that would help me achieve that?

get some inspiration from threads like this and youtube. search for "gaming setup 2015" and you will find a ton of videos. determine what you like and then use it as a template for your space, but do something different to make it your own. good luck!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Not much difference from before - probably only a year left here before we move to another European city so who knows what will be next. I finally added an NES to the mix as well as a Sega CD (perfect unit for just $40!). Camera wasn't charged, though, so I used my phone which definitely doesn't do as nice a job so it looks rather grainy.

HKlb.jpg

IKlb.jpg

Top Bottom