• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sia's SNL performance. YEA or NAY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I actually like it when her voice cracks during live performances. It's makes for a raw, authentic sound that I really dig.

It would be more of a problem if she were off-key, which I don't think she typically is.

I like it too.

It's kinda like when you hear fingers sliding on guitar strings.

The Lamp

I actually like it when her voice cracks during live performances. It's makes for a raw, authentic sound that I really dig.

It would be more of a problem if she were off-key, which I don't think she typically is.

Like I said, for some reason, people, including her I guess, are actually finding vocal flaws (like here when she says "bird through the night") trendy nowadays. Which is interesting to me.

I find it oddly enchanting as well, even though it makes me cringe to hear those cracks.

I think I'm tired of the little girl / woman dance combo. Half paying attention to it, it seemed almost exactly the same as the Chandelier dance (I know it wasn't). I guess it doesn't help that I'm not a huge fan of modern dance.

The mime one I just wasn't feeling. I couldn't actually tell if he was actually signing the song or not since certain motions didn't line up when repeated. Even if he was, it wasn't interesting to watch.

Sia sounded great though and I liked that arrangement of Chandeliers so there's that.

Rolled my eyes at the Elastic Heart performance. The Chandelier video was great, it would have been nice if they at least changed the color of the girl's leotard in the Elastic Heart video but it was different enough and Shia was actually fun to watch. At this point the "Girl in skin-colored leotard does wild interpretative dance, sometimes with an adult in the same costume" concept has run its course.

Chandelier was actually pretty cool though. If I had personally choreographed it I would have used the "hang loose" sign less liberally, but it reminded me a lot of the first time I saw the Chandelier video. It was really unique and striking, it's hard to look away.

It's not stage fright; it's a social experiment bucking the notions of fame and recognizability that would have been better served with someone that, you know, didn't have a shit ton of photos and music videos out already.

This. The whole thing is beyond stupid. She has performed in the past with no issues facing the crowd with nothing masking her. She said she doesn't want to be scrutinized for how she looks and rather the focus be about the music, but instead is making the focus about how she is hiding from people rather than the music. It's a social experiment that backfired.

y2dvd

I'm glad I'm not alone. I actually like the voice cracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom