• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill HD Collection |OT| Programmed in Smoke Signals

brandonh83 said:
Misery....
Brandon, have you tried clearing the game installation file and reinstalling? Does that help /at all/?

Combichristoffersen said:
So the PS3 version is confirmed as borked shit?
I own both versions. The PS3 version is horribly stuttering. It reminds me of a PC game micro-stuttering except it makes the game feel like you're playing underwater. I literally just installed the game 30 minutes ago and played up the fight with the first Laying Figure. It's damn near unplayable to me. I experienced two cutout during the cutscene with Angela and before I went into the cemetary, the audio just cutout completely for 2 seconds and then came back.

360 version? It's a bit overly dark but it runs flawlessly at 60fps. Not a stutter in sight and I'm midway through the apartment. I had one instance of music cutout in the cutscene with Angela but it was half a second at best.

Right now, if you want this - 360 all the way. The PS3 version is downright unplayable from what I've seen. Mind you I'm still very early and I haven't touched Silent Hill 3.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Oh well. Guess I'll just have to find a PS2 copy of the Director's Cut version then. Damn you Amazon UK for not shipping vidya gaems to Norway *shakes fist*

And it is indeed pretty goddamn sad when a game that was initially anounced as a PS3 exclusive port of games that are a decade old can't run properly on the PS2. Smh

I recorded the gameplay with my phone, if I took it to Gamestop and showed them that it was unplayable they'd probably at least let me exchange it for the 360 version.

But I have Downpour on PS3 and I'm super anal about that sort of thing. Anyway, letting the game reinstall. Hope something works.

It's not going to help the stutter or framerate inconsistencies. Get the 360 version. Trust me, you'll be happier.:(

For shits and giggles I tested the PS3 version at different resolutions. Knocked it down to 720p and even down to 480p. Still ran stuttery as all get out. Couldn't maintain its framerate. This can't be right, can it? I mean they could not have let this out the door in this state?:(

KorrZ

I recorded the gameplay with my phone, if I took it to Gamestop and showed them that it was unplayable they'd probably at least let me exchange it for the 360 version.

But I have Downpour on PS3 and I'm super anal about that sort of thing. Anyway, letting the game reinstall. Hope something works.

You shouldn't have any problems exchanging it. I did the same thing for Skyrim and they didn't question it at all. Really unfortunate, and I understand the feeling, sad thing is if I hadn't gotten Downpour on 360 I would have gotten this game on PS3.

It's not going to help the stutter or framerate inconsistencies. Get the 360 version. Trust me, you'll be happier.:(

True. Jesus Christ. I'll have to get Downpour on 360 too, then just so that I don't go batshit insane with having them on different consoles.

Interesting. I dunno. I'll try it in 2D mode. Like Future said though, even if I did sort out the running problems, it doesn't account for the freezing/stuttering/fps issues.

I love the street textures in SH2 (from Brandon's video). Apparently everybody in town is gone except for the street-sweeper operator.

Bless you, Gary.

"Important Message
We're sorry. An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. Please try again in a few minutes."

I've been trying for the last 5 minutes about 3 times with no attempts, hopefully I can actually cancel this terrible PS3 version before it ships.

I hope there is a patch to fix the slow down assuming japenese developers even know how to make a god damn patch. This is real crap I was looking forward to this collection but now I just dont know. Also what is up with those street textures wtf

I hope there is a patch to fix the slow down assuming japenese developers even know how to make a god damn patch. This is real crap I was looking forward to this collection but now I just dont know.

as it turns out, the new VA is the least of the problems. I've actually enjoyed the new VA so far. in fact... it's the only thing I've enjoyed so far...

Combichristoffersen

I was so excited when this was announced. Then screens started trickling out, and the ports looked like complete horseshit. Then we started getting impressions and videos, and I got all giddy again despite the flaws. Now the PS3 version is confirmed fecal matter. You're tearing me apart, Lisa Konami!

ScOULaris

Oh yeah, I forgot that they got rid of the self-shadowing on the character models in this version.

What a FUCKING joke. The game pretty much looks worse in every way possible than the originals.

I hope there is a patch to fix the slow down assuming japenese developers even know how to make a god damn patch. This is real crap I was looking forward to this collection but now I just dont know.
I've contacted Tomm Hulett about what the current state of Vatra's relationship with Konami is (whether it's over after game shipped or what), but I've heard nothing back yet. I would assume both Vatra and the team that ported the collection are done with their respective projects, but who knows? Konami has been so fast at dropping support for the previous SH games that I would assume it's over, but I'm hoping we'll get some patches.

Mileena

Banned
I hope there is a patch to fix the slow down assuming japenese developers even know how to make a god damn patch. This is real crap I was looking forward to this collection but now I just dont know. Also what is up with those street textures wtf

No chance they patch an HD collection. Plus it's Konami. Guess I'm gonna skip the rest of their crap until they learn to code a game.

Audioboxer

If only this shitty project could get the Bethesda PS3 Skyrim kind of press. (IGN 9 out of 10, fuck off IGN).

Makes me furious when you look at HD remake potential, and titles like GoW, MGS and even the likes of Sly in HD.

Don't think I've seen a series bastardized and flushed down the pan as badly as SH. The new one is a technical mess as well. At least when Capcom unleashed RE5 on us the shitty gameplay mechanics were supported with sound technical ability. Konami can't get anything right.

Okay I've heard the new one "goes back to the roots best yet!", but cmon, crawling a few steps back after the series has catapulted into a shit coma isn't good enough. Konami simply don't care, the team who made the new one either weren't skilled enough or didn't have enough resources via Konami to prevent it being a technical mess. Unacceptable this far into a generation from a title that should be at least competent in the way it runs.

An old game ported to "HD" is unacceptable even at competent, it's completely ass fuckery if it doesn't run flawlessly and improve on the original visuals while keeping EVERYTHING they had.

Kuntami doing what they do best this gen.

Cudder

Does this mean that Book of Memories has the best chance of being the best SH title this month?

THE OT should be up, WHO'S DOING IT!

Combichristoffersen

Does this mean that Book of Memories has the best chance of being the best SH title this month?

THE OT should be up, WHO'S DOING IT!

Book of Memories looks so completely fucking terrible the SH franchise will be well and truly fucked and dead if that shit ends up being the best of the bunch.

And it's a Vita exclusive so it's gonna sell about 2 copies.

I'm still pissed I opened up this broken product. With any other product, you could return them as defective. Not in video games. Not with this type of defect, anyway.

Just tested Silent Hill 3 on both. Just to the point when Heather arrives in the bathroom. Same thing. PS3 version is a stuttery mess. The 360 version is butter smooth but has some serious black crush going on.

I'm still pissed I opened up this broken product. With any other product, you could return them as defective. Not in video games. Not with this type of defect, anyway.

Look on the bright side, this has taught you a valuable lesson about buying stuff from konami.

PC version runs fine with tweaking.

Yep works fine as long as you limit it to one cpu core. You got to hack the exe to get SH2 in widescreen though. Also it misses a bit of fog and apparently the shadows are a bit worse than the ps2 version, didn't notice it myself until a GAFer pointed it out though.

Damn this really sucks to hear about the PS3 versions. Glad I still have my PC copies of 2/3...I was thinking about picking this up eventually but not now.

Just got to the prison and the game seems to be running smoother for me(PS3). But earlier in the streets after Brookhaven hospital the game started to slowdown severely.

So Xbox360 is the way to go uh? sigh. Guess I'll be trading in my PS3 copy. Why didn't Konami leave this port to bluepoint?
lol, yeah like that would've ever happened.

Fucking everyone should have learned this lesson as soon as Konami started talking about the changes last year.
I don't give a shit about the voice work. I give a shit about having a playable game.

At any rate, I'l try contacting Konami directly about getting a refund. That doesn't work I'll just trade it in or something. Fuck me.

Combichristoffersen

Why didn't Konami leave this port to bluepoint?
lol, yeah like that would've ever happened.

Honestly? Most likely cost. It was probably cheaper to hire Hijinx Studios to do the ports than to hire Bluepoint. Sadly, I don't think Konami thought of this release as much more than a quick cash grab that could be released alongside their new SH game, so they just had it made as cheaply as possible.

Ridley327

That's quite the unfortunate turn of events. You'd think that the PS3 version would be on parity, but that's simply inexcusable.

I am so disappointed in this PS3 version, I've been interested in this before it was delayed a stupid amount of times and thought that there wouldn't be any problems. But it seems to me that the delays were just a way for me to get overhyped.

I don't know what I'm disappointed about more: The fact that the PS3 version runs so terrible despite the constant delays or that I can't cancel my order as Amazon.ca is spewing errors at me.

I've never played the series and lack a PS2 after moving so I can't exactly go around and play the games like they were meant to be made. However, I can't exactly support this kind of crap either.

Or by watching anything and everything Konami has done this generation, what a train wreck of a company.

inRNfdUD4A3Rh.gif

Have we already ruled out that it isnt just his ps3? are other people experincing these issues? I thought that guy made a video the other day where he was playing it just fine

Hey, can people saying, "LOLZ you should have known better than to buy a Konami product" just get lost? If you never had any intention of buying the game, why are you in this thread in the first place? I just bought a $40 frisbee. Your comments aren't helping.

Top Bottom