• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill HD Collection |OT| Programmed in Smoke Signals

Persona7

Banned
original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khccqtzvsMo

botchamania

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P3596D-Afk

go to the 19:58

baby crying starts when Heather crumples in pain

sidenote: new Heather actress is really awful. Claudia isn't as bad but still worse.

someone care to test that turning off 5.1 changes things back to the original sound design?

I don't think it does because you can hear the old track before the abrupt cut to the new one when Heather starts speaking.
What the shit, I didn't hear that sound effect at all.

Wow, I guess it bugged out.

original

botchamania

sidenote: new Heather actress is really awful. Claudia isn't as bad but still worse.

someone care to test that turning off 5.1 changes things back to the original sound design?

I don't think it does because you can hear the old track before the abrupt cut to the new one when Heather starts speaking.

Holy FUCK. Hulett am cry.

I was --->this<--- close to picking up the 360 version today but couldn't bring myself to do it. I thought I'd try to get the PS2 versions but the price for SH2 is ridiculous on eBay...fuck that! I think I may end up folding and going for these shitty ports. I just want to play these damn games!

mollipen

2. The exploration was very well done on the wii.

The exploration where the town was nothing but one obvious linear path, the exploration where anything you had to interact with had a huge arrow floating about it, or the exploration where when the town froze over you had no time to look around and explore due to being chased the entire time?

I thought I'd try to get the PS2 versions but the price for SH2 is ridiculous on eBay...fuck that! I think I may end up folding and going for these shitty ports. I just want to play these damn games!
Heh. This may be one of those rare cases where the original version's value increases after an HD version is released.

I was --->this<--- close to picking up the 360 version today but couldn't bring myself to do it. I thought I'd try to get the PS2 versions but the price for SH2 is ridiculous on eBay...fuck that! I think I may end up folding and going for these shitty ports. I just want to play these damn games!

You'll likely get them for cheap pretty soon I'd bet. I still want to play them as well but I'll get them on the cheap. I started playing Sh3 on ps2 again but I really hate playing on the crappy sdtv I had though.

kunonabi

ebay has sh2 GH for under twenty from a few sellers. Does have to be in mint condition?

Dear any Europeans or people who don't mind importing:

Silent Hill 2, 3 and possibly 4 were re-printed back in 2009 along with Zone of the Enders 2, Suikoden Tactics and Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and 3: Snake Eater.

You can buy them all off Amazon, Play.com or eBay for pretty cheap off indie shops.

I'm considering getting The XBox "Restless Dream" version of SH2 and playing it on 360 since it's backwards compatible. Any impressions of that one?

kunonabi

I'm in Canada...cheapest one available to us on eBay is 52 dollars.

oh, Canada. That doesn't help. I'm not sure about shipping, currency conversions and such but you could try messaging Ebay US sellers and see if they are willing to ship to Canada. I did that for the One Piece Wii games when I ordered them from Ebay UK.

i was packing today because i am moving soon, and i saw that i still had my PS2 versions of SH2 and SH3. i already knew i had them, but seeing them gave me this huge sense of reassurance that they were in my possession. i held them for a few seconds. it was nice.

think i might boot them up in the ole' 60gb PS3 tomorrow while the girlfriend is at roller derby practice.

my hopes of this collection being fixed in any way is quickly fading, if you haven't noticed.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I finally installed SH2 on my computer. What are the must-have fixes/mods for this version? I dowloaded a SH2Patch file and another one that changes the window resolution, am I missing something?

original

botchamania

Ugh those new voices, and that sound effect. Just awful...

I was playing Silent Hill 2 earlier and aside from some synch issues and stuttering, it looked and sounded just fine. There was plenty of fog in the town and ignoring the texture work on the streets it was like the PS2 version. Then I was going towards the bowling alley, but took a detour to pick up the broken lead pipe when it stuttered and froze. I had only saved once at the first save point because I wanted to attempt a two-saves playthrough. There goes about an hour of my time down the drain. This makes the second time this collection has frozen on me. The first being during Silent Hill 3, but I think I had just saved or something so it wasn't nearly as frustrating.

Has anyone unlocked heather beam yet?

Yes. So funny.

I was playing Silent Hill 2 earlier and aside from some synch issues and stuttering, it looked and sounded just fine. There was plenty of fog in the town and ignoring the texture work on the streets it was like the PS2 version.

Oh really? You must have the mystical copy of HD that's actually a good port. Because every other version has no fog at all.

Oh really? You must have the mystical copy of HD that's actually a good port. Because every other version has no fog at all.

There's no fog in Silent Hill 3; well there is a modicum of fog, but it disappears after a few seconds. SH2 actually has a bit of fog which doesn't just vanish suddenly. The cutscene in which you first meet Maria had little to no fog and I could see where that rope ends in mid-air. Once the cutscene ended, there was enough fog to mask where that rope ends. Incredibly bizarre.

I'm hearing that some of the chanting in SH3 has been replaced with the sound of babies crying instead. Anyone run into this?

Yes when you first meet Claudia in the mall.

Wasn't the crying baby sound intended to be in the game originally, but got cut for some reason?

Yes, but in the cutscene after defeating the final boss when Heather stops and turns her head.

Miyahon

I was waiting for this collection to finally play Silent Hill 3 on the PS3. Since I had missed out on it when it was released but now it seems like the game isn't the same as the original version. I ordered a used copy from Amazon and will play it on the PS2 instead.

Mr_Zombie

Can someone upload a video with Vincent's new voice? I'm really curious how they changed his voice and there's surprisingly very little videos on SH3 HD Collection on YouTube. :(

I was waiting for this collection to finally play Silent Hill 3 on the PS3. Since I had missed out on it when it was released but now it seems like the game isn't the same as the original version. I ordered a used copy from Amazon and will play it on the PS2 instead.

Very good. Now you'll get all the proper effects and textures plus a Heather who actually runs!

The exaggerations presented in this thread are un-fucking-real.

The delusions and denial in this thread despite extensive proof being posted in screenshot, .gif, and YouTube form are what is really un-fucking-real.

Sure, the game has the stupid little fog bubble that you're chasing and always has a straight line to it on the road.

But the rest of the fog? Long FUCKING GONE. There's not even any goddamn fog ANYWHERE outside the Lakeside Hotel after the FOGLESS boat ride at the end of SH2. I went back and played it on the original Xbox after this and there's fog all over that area.

But I'm just exaggerating. Right.

Kevtones

I mean, I passed on it yesterday at GS after trading in enough games to buy it...

What low-end threshold of price is this game worth it? $20? $10?

Is the 360 version THAT shitty?

G-Fex

I will continue streaming this sometime today (Monday) morning.

If anyone wants to continue seeing the trainwreck that is me playing and the game itself

"No fog at all" is pushing it but so are the claims that "it has plenty of fog". Have the comparison pictures of James meeting with Maria been forgotten already? They've only been posted a hundred times in this thread.
I noticed it myself but in another, earlier scene: the one where you see the shadowy figure in the fog when you first enter the town. In the HD collection, it's pretty damn clear that it's some creepy ass monster that you're about to follow. In the original, the fog obscured it a lot more and it was therefore harder to tell what it was (though the animation was a dead giveaway).
Here, I youtube doubled the scene for both versions:
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rch4ZRO6oU&start2=13

"No fog at all" is pushing it but so are the claims that "it has plenty of fog". Have the comparison pictures of James meeting with Maria been forgotten already? They've only been posted a hundred times in this thread.
I noticed it myself but in another, earlier scene: the one where you see the shadowy figure in the fog when you first enter the town. In the HD collection, it's pretty damn clear that it's some creepy ass monster that you're about to follow. In the original, the fog obscured it a lot more and it was therefore harder to tell what it was (though the animation was a dead giveaway).
Here, I youtube doubled the scene for both versions:
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rch4ZRO6oU&start2=13

Whenever I say "no fog at all" I always mean comparitively to the original games.

Mr_Zombie

We finished livestreaming SH3 tonight on our TwitchTV channel. He's the final portion of the game. There's a good bit of Vincent dialogue there. I actually like his new voice.

http://www.twitch.tv/enigmatickaostv/b/312869047

Thanks. It seems there are more minor (useless) changes in dialouges.
I laughed at the "Shut your mouth, you stinking bitch!" instead of "Shut your stinking mouth, bitch!".

And I agree, Vincent's voice is alright. But I still prefer the original one ;).

Top Bottom