• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill Pachislot 3.0 Reveal Trailer ; It's a retelling of Silent Hill 2

UrbanRats

Japan has never viewed anything pachislot as insulting there.

Konami is splitted into various businesses from what i know, each making their own independent decisions. The guys deciding to make a sh pachislot has got nothing to do with the guys deciding on the games.

They don't live in a vacuum, alternate dimension, so it does have to do with it.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
After playing P.T. and seeing the potential.... this is the most god damn depressing thing in the world of video games.

It could be worse. I bought a PS4 after they removed P.T. from the store. It remains in my download list, but I'm unable to ever play it. I can just look at the icon.

Mr_Zombie

What intrigues me is: how do you converse a story with such dark and mature themes as sex abuse, illness (both mental and physical), loneliness, euthanasia and guilt and punishment into a pachislot game.

It's easy to imagine Onimusha, Resident Evil, Metal Slug or Crash Bandicoot games translated into a pachislot - they are all either funny or rather campy games. But Silent Hill 2?

It's called Downpour and Book of Memories.

tumblr_mqravdd5Qp1szy7exo1_500.gif

I'll give you Book of Memories and throw in Homecoming as a bonus though. Those are dogshit.

I never understood the appeal of Pachislots. I tried to understand the Virtua Fighter Pachislot in Yakuza 4, but... I simply don't get it.

This is the future of Konami franchises folks. I'm looking forward to Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Pachislot Action... for the remixes.

Opto

Banned
Why are they using flesh and rust, that's SH1 and SH3's aesthetic. Why not line up video tapes, great knives, and photos of your dead wife.

They're half-assing ruining this game!

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Don't worry everyone! Silent Hill isn't dead! We're finally getting a new game in the form of a god damn pachinko machine. Because Konami cares about video games that aren't god damn pachinko machines...

Z3M0G

This and the Castlevania thing should have been cruel jokes by us poking fun at Konami...

...not reality...

Goddamn these youtube comments.

"Today is the three year anniversary of the day my father died unexpectedly of a brain aneurysm and even that didn't make me want to drink as much as seeing this trailer did."

Astarte

YEAH LEVEL UP
WOO WOO
200 200 200 100 500k
BOOM BOOM

Holy shit that was a period of time where my eyes were descending into hell

Bedlam

Just like parents who fucked up royally can lose custody of their children, Konami should lose the rights to these classic IPs. We all know that from here on out, all they are going to do is mistreat them (and they already have enough bruises).

HIT THE LEVER!

As a die hard fan of silent hill and after all the bullshit happening with the IP (PT included), this makes me the saddest.

Jesus, how low can they take it?

Top Bottom