• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silver Sable, Black Cat Movie Finds Director (Gina Prince-Bythewood)

Public knows what's MCU and what's not MCU but the Spidey thing I think it gonna be the loophole Sony is taking advantage of.

No. They don't. Still. People seriously still ask why the X-Men aren't popping up yet. Marvel Studios changed their opening logo to differentiate themselves, but I still don't trust most of the general audience to notice it.

The Spidey thing in particular is going to be very confusing to people. Folks already think Venom is gonna be an MCU thing.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Public knows what's MCU and what's not MCU but the Spidey thing I think it gonna be the loophole Sony is taking advantage of.

I know. I am worried when they take Spider-Man out of the MCU. Its broken then and I cant think of any reason it could move forward in a reason it would make sense.

J_Viper

I've been saying this since the Marvel/Sony deal was announced but I feel like I need to say it again, Sony has every intention of yanking Holland's Spider-Man out of the MCU at the first opportunity and sticking him right in the middle of this new "Sony/Spidey" cineverse that they are putting together.

Sony want to sell their film & TV operations and this is part of an aggressive plan to give their film division a potential cineverse ASAP in as short a time as possible so that they can add value to a film studio that is falling behind the other majors at a stead clip.

That'd be strange though, considering that Sony is pushing for Hard R movies, while Holland's casting and performance is aimed toward a kid friendly crowd. I don't see those two meshing well together.

Then again, Sony don't care.

What are the chances that Sony casts their own Spider-Man?

AndyVirus

No. They don't. Still. People seriously still ask why the X-Men aren't popping up yet.
Yep, I know people who watch a lot of movies, a lot of trailers. When they saw the Apocalypse trailer they said "why should I think they're in any danger when Thanos is coming up?"

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yep, I know people who watch a lot of movies, a lot of trailers. When they saw the Apocalypse trailer they said "why should I think they're in any danger when Thanos is coming up?"
Most People know the differences. And yes, a couple dont get the difference.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Hope they cast like a 30 something yo Black Cat and she bangs Peter who is 18+ years old course

XyfgRt1.jpg

<3

Cuburt

How did Sony learn nothing from their failure with ASM or with any of their other ill-formed attempts at creating a cinematic universe?

Venom hasn't even released, let alone Homecoming. It's another case of putting the cart in front of the horse.

It's another movie with Spider-Man characters, that seemingly could use Spider-Man to tie it all together, and yet, it seems there is no Spider-Man.

It's coming out in a year and is just now getting a director? And this is supposed to coming out around the same time the Venom film releases?

Sony. Sony, Sony, Sony......

Even with some amazing screenplay and some clever ass ideas in how to tie it all together, they are setting themselves up for failure, or at the very least, setting this universe up to be more "half-assed cash-in" than anything else.

Maximus.

Reboot Spider-Man, only to go all in with this extended universe shit again. Slow it down and take it easy. Failed two times at growing the character and world already.

Sesha

At this point I have more faith in Fox. Their track record with Marvel movies is so far way better than Sony.

Hooray for a black woman getting a high profile job I guess.

If the movie gets made, then that's the main thing to celebrate.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Its breaking the idea of the Universe. Even when Stark dies at some point, people are still going to mention him. Not possible with Spider-Man.

captain marvel, dr strange, black panther, ant man & the wasp are not going to care about spider man when they are in another dimension

Sorcerer

Geez, always wanted to see Black Cat on the big screen, but not in Sony's hands. I guess Felcity Jones dodged a bullet there.

This is a pretty big rumor, but since I don't know the validity of the source, take it with a mountain of salt.
“Here are some details about the story: Seven years after Mendel Stromm (a.k.a. Robot Master) and his two henchmen (The Scorpion and The Tarantula) killed her father, Silver Sable is hired by the government to find Felicia Hardy. The Black Cat, a master hacker and thief, has apparently stolen valuable secret information. She’s hiding in the lawless and dangerous triple frontier area between Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil.

Once there, Sable ask her old contact Dmitri Smerdyakov (a.k.a. The Chameleon) to locate her. But it seems, the government are not the only ones looking for the Black Cat. It seems Felicia had made a deal Stromm to save her father from a Russian prison and she’s been genetically enhanced. Now, the mad scientist wants his prized experiment back because his financier (cough Norman Osborn cough) wants a return on his investment.

There’s no appearance or mention of Peter Parker or Spider-Man.

Also in the story: Dominic Fortune, Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman), Roxxon Oil, Sergei Kravinoff (Kraven the Hunter), Lonnie Lincoln (Tombstone) and Charles Standish.”
So, Felicia Hardy becomes a metahuman hacker, and there's no mention of how Jessica Drew, Kraven, Tombstone, or Roxxon fit in. It's most likely bullshit, but it sounds cool. The blog in question did get the appearance of you-know-who in GOTG2 right, so it might be real.

Top Bottom