• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

RoKKeR

Well, the servers just took a shit, but I made quite a bit of progress on my newest city. Here it is right after the server outage:

Uqm.png

I have a few outsourced jobs to another city, but I'm having trouble "motivating" my unemployed to go work over there. Any advice for that? Also, I just looked and my entire population is low wealth. Aside from just littering parks everywhere, how can I steadily upgrade their wealth? I've been having trouble doing this in previous cities as well.

I have a few outsourced jobs to another city, but I'm having trouble "motivating" my unemployed to go work over there. Any advice for that? Also, I just looked and my entire population is low wealth. Aside from just littering parks everywhere, how can I steadily upgrade their wealth? I've been having trouble doing this in previous cities as well.

I see no industry, give them jobs, make the industry near the university and they will become high tech. Then make sure you upgraded street density + add parks.

I want to know that too. When I select the order under Amazon Help, Chat isn't allowed. I could call, and probably will after I post this. It's just weird, I'm not sure how this will work.

Update: Technically, it isn't possible to return a Digital Download game to Amazon. That's cause they only sell codes (from Steam, Origin, etc.) and can't process refunds because they have no access to those systems.

The Amazon guy was real cool though and if this crap continues through the weekend (when the rest of the working world will play), I've got other options I can explore.

P.S. Sorry to the VW3 folks I might abandon. I've really been trying, but this is frustrating as all hell and isn't worth my money if it continues.

I don't care if all of these problems go away in April/May/June, you released this game on Tuesday I've spent just as much time seeing the various error/connection screens as I've been in the game. That's totally unacceptable.

Ballistik

So I got the invite from Burgess for Titan Gorge 1 region but when I try to claim my city, I still get, "This region is private(invite only) or city has already been claimed."

RoKKeR

I see no industry, give them jobs, make the industry near the university and they will become high tech. Then make sure you upgraded street density + add parks.

I built a ton of industry in a neighboring city (not shown obviously) but none of my workers seem to be going there for work. Am I incorrectly assuming they will?

But I'll try putting some industry around the Uni.

So I got the invite from Burgess for Titan Gorge 1 region but when I try to claim my city, I still get, "This region is private(invite only) or city has already been claimed."

My guess is the servers are still shitting themselves. You may have to try another time :/

sangreal

Couple questions about regions... I'm playing by myself in a private region and they don't seem to interact at all. I tried setting up services between the regions but:

a) they dont show up when I switch regions unless I quit and reload the whole region
b) they dont seem to work even then (but I recall something about there being a built-in timer before they work)

Also I tried sending my second city a gift of a ton of simoleons but it never showed up. none of the graphs in the region view or even the amount of simoleons each city has update without reloading the region also.

Finally, a lot of buildings have a requirement that 'xxx has been built in the region'. does this really mean "in the city?" because building the pre-req in another city in the region doesnt work for me.

Just woke up here in euroland, lets do this.

Edit. MEH... i hoped it would be lower load / fixed by now... gl when i get off work tonight.

So it says my server is available, I go to click on Resume Game, after a bit it tells me it can't load my city, please try again, I try again, and now it's stuck forever in the loading screen. Are the servers fucked? Is my city corrupted? I have no idea WTF is going on.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Good luck folks. I just played about three hours perfectly fine, but apparently it just silently wasn't saving my region. There's nothing there, just one of my old practice regions. Finally filled up a map at least

mandiller

So I finally got into the tutorial level and nothing happened. I couldn't click any buttons and there were no prompts. Fantastic...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
so, I never really looked into it, but does Simcity 4 have some sort of MP feature, or a modded version of Multiplayer?

Why don't we just play that!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LOL Connected back to NA East 1, seems to be working fine now but... I somehow got kicked out of Viridian Woods 1? My city/region doesn't even show up for selection anymore ROFL.

Good shit. I ask for a re-invite please :lol

RoKKeR

After trying to get into NA East 2 for about 30min to hook up w/fellow GAFers I'm throwing in the towel. I've seen enough error messages and failed updates/connections for today. Hopefully things will be settled at least to some degree tomorrow.

ghostmind

Managed to play for about 4 hours tonight, just to have the "disconnected from servers" message pop-up and not leave for about the last half hour, and then the game crashed. It will not let me back onto NA WEST 2 again (keeps insisting I use Oceanic), so I am giving up tonight.

When, or if, I am able to log in tomorrow - if my progress is gone, then I am done with this game.

Top Bottom