• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sin & MOTHER F**KING Punishment 2 is only 30 MOTHER F**KING DAYS AWAY

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
2vke2is.jpg
29nxj13.jpg

2vjd3b8.jpg
wqo7ep.jpg

1g56hf.jpg
2hzdk6.jpg

2mwy2iu.jpg
bhkner.jpg

f1yw6e.jpg

So has it been confirmed you can choose ]either Isa or Kachi in any stage, or was that just for the demo?

ryan-ts

I got all excited, thought it was an NA release date :lol

Probably the only on-rails game I'll consider buying for the wii.

JSnake

Regulus Tera said:
I'm thinking Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann plus final battle of Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Earth.

FUCKKKKK MEEEE.

00042h0w

WE'LL BLOW YOU RIGHT OUT OF SPACE AND TIME

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'm gonna hold out for the US release, since my Wii isn't hacked... but I'm really crossing my fingers that this lives up to the original - I haven't liked Treasure's sequels as much as their originals.

CaVaYeRo

Luigiv said:
Well said. Well said indeed.

I'm going to be very, very disappointed if "GET BONUS!" isn't in this game. Can anyone confirm or deny it's inclusion?

It wasn't in the E3 version when I played, or at least I don't remember it.

[Nintex]

Cow Mengde said:
The story is 100% in English.
That reminds me, why do we have to wait till next year for this title? It's not like Nintendo has an incredible line-up of games coming up, just two for the Wii at the moment actually. :lol

No, but homebrew can make it so. Now with added Wii anti-bricking software! (TM)

I want this game so hard hard. I hope the soundtrack is as atmospheric as the first

So, where the hell is the media for this game?
Those small screens look alright (thank you for that), but I have no context. And that's the first time I've seen screens!
Video, info, how it plays, previews, music...anything.

Razien

Banned
[Nintex] said:
That reminds me, why do we have to wait till next year for this title? It's not like Nintendo has an incredible line-up of games coming up, just two for the Wii at the moment actually. :lol

So they can have something for the first half of next year.

CultureClearance said:
So, where the hell is the media for this game?
Those small screens look alright (thank you for that), but I have no context. And that's the first time I've seen screens!
Video, info, how it plays, previews, music...anything.

You shoot shit up.

Think Star Fox on foot.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Many 30 motherfucking days away...

2nj94z.jpg

Cow Mengde said:
The story is 100% in English.
Wait a minute, menus too? Even if not, this should be a worldwide release.

Razien

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
You shoot shit up.

Think Star Fox on foot.

Except that you have jetpacks that makes you fly a lot of times. I hope the final game doesn't have much flying parts (like in the demo); I loved the restriction of being on foot on the first game. I want S&P, and not Star Fox.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
JSnake said:
FUCKKKKK MEEEE.

00042h0w

WE'LL BLOW YOU RIGHT OUT OF SPACE AND TIME

Please tell me that's not
SUPER TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN

I haven't watched the second movie, you prick!

Razien

Banned
lordoftherink said:
No thanks

I don't think he meant what you are thinking.
It is not like the foot missions there were on some StarFox games, but the awesome on rails ship-like experience, but with walking characters instead of ships.

Believe me, this game rocks. At least the first did. I can't believe I'm one of the few that had the luck of playing this gem with proper controls (N64 controller, on the N64). VC controls aren't nearly as good.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I've been replaying Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Earth all day thanks to this thread and I gotta say, the music isn't that bad.

Okay, it's still bad, but at least it's grown on me, especial 1-2's and 3-1's tracks. As for this title, I really like the music in the first trailer, so that's at least reassuring.

GhostSeed

Baconbitz said:

You can't resize awesome.

pulga said:
The box art is a steaming pile of SEX.

Yes it is. (thanks to Magypsy23)

Tenbatsu said:
Best official thread yet?

This isn't a 'official' thread but I did like my Bangai-O Spirits 30 day hype thread a bit more. :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241105

DaCocoBrova said:
This thread fails due to lack of screens.

Have there even been any new screens since E3? I haven't I've seen any.

---

You can download high-res artwork here for the game.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16200696&postcount=1502

HYPE GET! fellow Treasure fans!!

Hiltz

I absolutely love Sin & Punishment. Beaten it over 60 times.

The sequel looks freaking awesome. The level design and bosses are already impressive but I wonder if the sequel will surpass the greatness of the epic battleship stage in the original game.

Nintendo and Treasure haven't done much to promote Sin & Punishment 2 which is a shame. This game deserves to receive more hype.

I wonder how long the sequel's gameplay length will be since the first game could be beaten pretty quickly.

Hiltz said:
Nintendo and Treasure haven't done much to promote Sin & Punishment 2 which is a shame. This game deserves to receive more hype.

Nothing new...Another Code R, Disaster, Excitebots all say hi. Hopefully we get the game in early 2010!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
MidnightScott said:
Nothing new...Another Code R, Disaster, Excitebots all say hi. Hopefully we get the game in early 2010!

Depends on whether Q1 2010 means fiscal year or calendar year.

Regulus Tera said:
Please tell me that's not
SUPER TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN

I haven't watched the second movie, you prick!
Don't worry, that picture isn't really spoiling the design.

GhostSeed

Hiltz said:

I agree, but the fault lies with Nintendo since they're actually publishing the game. It's not like Treasure can release screen shots without the publishers consent.

Mejilan said:
Think I'm gonna boot up the original.
That carrier level STILL amazes me.
A lot of it was freaking impressive.

I'm still shocked they got that game out of the freaking N64. Intense fun, shooterlicious. It's been a few months since I played it, but they've got a very impressive team. And the sequel looks beautiful.

Why the hell isn't it out yet?

faridmon

am hyped, flipping hgyped and normally am not that hyped by AAA games.

but i have to wait for the european release :(

nightez

Banned
This game actually looks worse than the N64 version. The old art style actually benefited from being low poly - it gave everything a distinctly sharp edge.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
nightez said:
This game actually looks worse than the N64 version. The old art style actually benefited from being low poly - it gave everything a distinctly sharp edge.

To quote a review I read for the first game, the graphic style mostly consisted of "a bunch of triangles mashed together and then run over with the blur tool 1000+ times." The biomonsters often looked good enough, but everything else was a mess.

The best that could be said about the first game's visuals was that there was hardly any slowdown to speak of.

Hiltz

The graphics do look pretty ugly especially the freaky looking human character models. The original game's art style has a dark edge to it while than the sequel appears to have a soft and bright look to it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hiltz said:
The graphics do look pretty ugly especially the freaky looking human character models. The original game's art style has a dark edge to it while than the sequel appears to have a soft and bright look to it.

I think the monster designs are spectacular even if the human models leave a lot to be desired. While the colour palette is indeed brighter, I think it helps it differentiate more easily from this predecessor.

Not gonna make another Diablo III outta this.

Hiltz

I beat the game earlier today again and I couldn't help but cringe at how ugly the human characters are. I mean, their hands look like claws.

I do agree with you about the monster designs though.

Top Bottom