• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

Tntnnbltn

M3wThr33 said:
Is that the one Zoe Mode made?
http://www.zoemode.com/singstar.html
Zoë Mode is proud to have worked in collaboration with Sony London Studio on its SingStar™ PlayStation® 2 releases since early 2006.

Over this time we have collaborated on:
* SingStar™ Rocks
* SingStar™ Anthems
* SingStar™ Legends
* SingStar™ PopHits
* SingStar™ 90s
* SingStar™ R&B
* SingStar™ Rock Ballads

During this time we have also developed versions for France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Portuguese, Australia, America and Finland!

Wonder if they were responsible for some of those awesome tracklists. (If so, they should've been collaborating on the PS3 editions.)

Tntnnbltn

Paging Toy Soldier!!

Just uncovered this little gem... SingStore ID code: 2000PQ

oh1b8w.jpg

(Edit: Original image now removed. Replaced with Tinypic backup)

Codes in the 200xxx range associate to SingStore song packs. No announcement from London Studio yet, although all song packs in the past have featured five songs.

The missus wants this game....... i know she wants the ABBA version (How many have videos?)

but a little GAF help?

What's the cost of UK tracks?
Which version is the best to get?
Are 3rd party mics any good?
Am i gonna turn into a MASSIVE gay, playing this?

agm2502

DefectiveReject said:
The missus wants this game....... i know she wants the ABBA version (How many have videos?)

but a little GAF help?

What's the cost of UK tracks?
Which version is the best to get?
Are 3rd party mics any good?
Am i gonna turn into a MASSIVE gay, playing this?

ABBA disc has 25 videos.
Songs cost 99p songpacks cost£4.49
all versions are the same so it depends on which songs you like
in my opinion 3rd party mics are not worth it, the original ones are the best although the wireless ones should be out soon.

MadFuzzy

Tntnnbltn said:
Wonder if they were responsible for some of those awesome tracklists. (If so, they should've been collaborating on the PS3 editions.)

Zoe Mode only did the programming, the tracklisting decisions are made by London Studio.

Tntnnbltn

MadFuzzy said:
Zoe Mode only did the programming, the tracklisting decisions are made by London Studio.
This is all quite interesting to me. Didn't know that London Studio had outsourced any of the project.

Any more info?

Tntnnbltn said:
Paging Toy Soldier!!

image_2000PQ.jpg

Codes in the 200xxx range associate to SingStore song packs. No announcement from London Studio yet, although all song packs in the past have featured five songs.

Fuck yeah! Thanks for the heads up, that's awesome news.

I want my full disc release, but I'll take a song pack with a couple of new tracks. Womanizer's gotta be there, I figure.

Gimme, gimme more...

MadFuzzy

Tntnnbltn said:
This is all quite interesting to me. Didn't know that London Studio had outsourced any of the project.

Any more info?

Zoe Mode does a lot of programming on outsourced casual games for Sony, Disney and now Microsoft (they did You're In The Movies). They've done various EyeToy games for Sony in the past as well as the odd Singstar title plus the Disney Sing It games.

They're like the western casual gaming version of Tose, or something.

icechai

Tntnnbltn said:
No US update this week? European updates have gone live, nothing in the US. And we all know how that turned out every other time...

given up on playing Singstar (US), check back here on things like this but it just makes me sad seeing as how you Europeans get so much awesome stuff (every track from Queen downloadable? omg). Also where's trophy support.

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 16th February 2009

Songs from this week's European update:
Di-rect - "Cool Without You"
E-Type and the Poodles - "Line of Fire"
Gavin DeGraw - "I Don't Wanna Be"
Jamelia - "See It In A Boy's Eyes"
Kirsty MacColl - "A New England"
MGMT - "Electric Feel"
Scorpions - "Rock You Like A Hurricane"
Suede - "Film Star"
Suede - "Lazy"

Songs from previous European updates:
Natasha Bedingfield - "Unwritten" (US Vol 2)

Songs that didn't make it:
Anouk - "Good God"
DJ Bobo - "Let The Dream Come True"
Gavin DeGraw - "Chariot"
Postman - "All Gone"
Turbonegro - "Do You Do You Dig Destruction"
Love Songs song pack

Tntnnbltn

Wait, WHAT?

Hi all,

Further to feedback about some issues with the disc swapping feature in SingStar on PS3, the SingStar Team have today released version 2.40 of the game. The fixes included in this update are:

* You can now quit the game when using a PS2 disc.
* You can now quit the game when using the SingStar ABBA disc, when an ABBA wallpaper is selected, and a disc swap is done.
* The PS2 disc swap now works with PS2 SingStar 80s Sweden and Benelux
* PS2 discs can now be played if their region doesn't match the region of the PS3 disc and the region of the console.
* PS2 discs can now be played if their region doesn't match the region of the PS3 disc and the region of the console.
Source: Official PlayStation Forums - Australia & New Zealand

nny

Tntnnbltn said:
PS2 discs can now be played if their region doesn't match the region of the PS3 disc and the region of the console.

This would kick so much ass if true...anyone tested it yet?

Tntnnbltn

nny said:
This would kick so much ass if true...anyone tested it yet?
I don't know if the update has even been released yet.

(I'm keeping Resistance 2 running so that I don't lose local co-op level up progress)

nny

Tntnnbltn said:
I don't know if the update has even been released yet.

(I'm keeping Resistance 2 running so that I don't lose local co-op level up progress)

Oh, since they mentioned "have today released" I just assumed it was out. I'll test it soon.

UPDATE: Tried it now, the update is not out yet.

Tntnnbltn

nny said:
Oh, since they mentioned "have today released" I just assumed it was out. I'll test it soon.

UPDATE: Tried it now, the update is not out yet.
That announcement hasn't filtered through the usual channels yet (Facebook, EU forums)...

Yesterday the Facebook team announced there'd be an upcoming patch to fix the SingStar ABBA details, but they've since removed that message. It's possible there's been a delay, and the AU community team moderator didn't get the message to hold back the announcement.

Edit: MusterBuster has now posted the same patch information at the EU forums. :)

OMG, hope the info on the region is right and that it covers those HW backwards compatible PS3 systems as well. This would mean for me that the ps2 can finally be sold if my PAL PS2 Singstars could be played on my 60GB US PS3.

I'll post if it worked as soon as the patch is out. Tried 10 Minutes ago and neither SingStar PS3 nor SingStar ABBA had the 2.4 update ready. Only 2.3. Even tried deleting the old updates to see if I was prompted to download them, but the update doesn't seem to be online yet in the European (Austria) PSN.

MadFuzzy

The patch is out on Friday according to Facebook, but the official UK forum post has been edited to remove explicit references to "region matching" no longer being a problem.

I guess we'll see at the end of the week, but I'd wait until the patch is live and people have tested the disc swapping for themselves before buying any more "import" PS2 Singstar discs.

lupinko

MadFuzzy said:
The patch is out on Friday according to Facebook, but the official UK forum post has been edited to remove explicit references to "region matching" no longer being a problem.

I guess we'll see at the end of the week, but I'd wait until the patch is live and people have tested the disc swapping for themselves before buying any more "import" PS2 Singstar discs.

And with that, I'll wait as well before getting even domestic PS2 Singstar discs (NTSCJ PS3 here).

Tntnnbltn

MadFuzzy said:
I wonder if that's because it's not part of the update, or whether they didn't want to publicise it quite so much...

MadFuzzy

Tntnnbltn said:
I wonder if that's because it's not part of the update, or whether they didn't want to publicise it quite so much...

My money is on the latter (I presume they don't want to be seen to be promoting "importing" in one form or another), but we'll know soon enough.

lupinko

lupinko said:
And with that, I'll wait as well before getting even domestic PS2 Singstar discs (NTSCJ PS3 here).

This is a lie, I went out and bought SingStar 80s today, and yes, it does not work with my NTSCJ PS3. =/

Tntnnbltn

There might be an announcement today regarding the final Vol 4 UK track list.

Feb 7: "With regards to the Vol.4 we can confirm that this is not the final track list, we are still working on it and hope to be able to let you know the final details on Vol.4 next week!"

Feb 12: "It looks likely that we will have an update for you very early next week, hopefully Monday!"

Feb 17: "Looks like we won't have an update for you until Thursday now. Sorry to keep you waiting!"​

lupinko said:
This is a lie, I went out and bought SingStar 80s today, and yes, it does not work with my NTSCJ PS3. =/
Of course it doesn't. You don't have the update yet. =/

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
AranhaHunter said:
Meanwhile the US is still waiting on Vol 3....
the thing about the US is we get releases about the same time (just one release behind) and they rarely announce the US Vols until a month or two before they hit. I am guessing this is because Sony realizes that Singstar is very much an internet thing, and the people who care about every last shred of detail already know what the Vol. 3 track list is, and know that the US one will be relatively close just with a few region specific popular tracks switched out.

Not really concerned about Vol. 3 in the slightest. The UK version is my favorite track list on a PS3 singstar so far, so as long as they minimize the localization damage (maybe a couple more 80s hair bands like 80s Bad Company and Poison... come on SCEA) it should be great.

My only complaint about this delay between UK and US is that I've already heard all of the songs I like from Vol. 3 about 10000 times on MySingstar. So by the time we get it, the only songs I won't be somewhat tired of are the US-added tracks on the volume.

Tntnnbltn

Tntnnbltn said:
Kotaku Australia also has some more Australian stats:
* 700,000 microphones sold
* Two million SingStar games sold since launch in 2004
* 92,000 copies of SingStar ABBA (PS2 + PS3) purchased in the six weeks leading up to Christmas
* SingStar software sales up 47% in 2008
* 240,000 tracks purchased from the Australian SingStore
SCE NZ has joined in with the figure realising. Here are New Zealand's SingStar stats:

* 175,000 microphones sold (second highest worldwide proportional to population)
* 266,000 SingStar games sold since launch in 2004
* 12,000 copies of SingStar ABBA (PS2 + PS3) purchased in the six weeks leading up to Christmas
* SingStar software sales up 31% in 2008

(Source)

Tntnnbltn

Unleash your inner SingStar® with new Wireless Microphones

• Feel total freedom as you sing, dance, and perform wire-free with new Wireless SingStar® Microphones
• Compatible with PlayStation®2 and PLAYSTATION®3
• Coinciding with the launch of brand-new SingStar® Pop Edition

London, 19th February 2009: Get ready to unleash the SingStar® within - with the launch of brand-new Wireless SingStar Microphones from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE). Rated as ‘excellent’ by the SingStar community, Wireless SingStar Microphones will have you and your friends performing from couch to table-top - completely leads-free! Coming to UK stores on 20th March, the launch of Wireless SingStar Microphones coincides with the release of SingStar® Pop Edition for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™).

With full focus on the SingStar community, SCEE asked community members to trial the new Wireless SingStar Microphones and offer their feedback. An amazing 99% of participants rated their microphones as ‘excellent’ or ‘very good’, while SingStar community member Stuart from the UK said “Wireless Mics kick ass!” Dave Ranyard of Executive Producer of the SingStar franchise says “We’re excited with the community’s response to Wireless Mics. Now SingStars can enjoy their experience wire-free – and test them out with the exciting launch of SingStar: Pop Edition along with hundreds of new tracks in SingStore. We’re looking forward to seeing your brand-new wireless videos at My SingStar Online or www.singstargame.com.”

Easy to pass around or keep to yourself; Wireless SingStar Microphones are lots of fun and easy to use. Test them out with brand-new SingStar Pop Edition, with brand-new voice control feature. Unleash some attitude with P!nk’s So What? Then grab your best mate for a pop duet with Jordin Sparks feat. Chris Brown’s No Air , rock out with Bon Jovi’s Livin’ on a Prayer or perform a sexy solo with Sam Sparro’s Black and Gold. Here’s the international playlist:

Alphabeat - 10,000 Nights Of Thunder
Amy Winehouse - Rehab
Black Kids - I'm Not Going To Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance
Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer
Chris Brown - With You
Chris De Burgh - Lady In Red
Cyndi Lauper - True Colors
Gloria Estefan - Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
Jordin Sparks feat. Chris Brown - No Air
Kaiser Chiefs - Never Miss A Beat
Kate Nash - Mouthwash
Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire
Klaxons - Gravity's Rainbow
Little Jackie - The World Should Revolve Around Me
N*E*R*D - Sooner Or Later
P!nk - So What!
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Robbie Williams - Angels
Robyn - Be Mine
Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
Sam Sparro - Black And Gold
Solange - I Decided
Sugababes - Girls
The Feeling - Rose
The Killers - Human
The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
The Script - The Man Who Can't Be Moved
Will Young - Changes
will.i.am Feat Cheryl Cole - Heartbreaker
Yazoo - Don't Go​

Meanwhile the brand-new Voice Control function available with SingStar Pop Edition means you won’t need to worry about picking up your PS3 controller as you sing along. Simply speak into your Wireless SingStar Microphones and announce which track you want to sing next - and it will appear on your screen! Plus you can even shop and search through your SingStore Carousel using your voice! Being a SingStar’s never been so much fun…

Wireless SingStar Microphones come with improved high-quality sound and are compatible with both PS3 and PlayStation 2. So cue the lights, turn up the volume and get ready to unleash the SingStar inside you when Wireless SingStar Microphones are launched 20th March whilst SingStar Pop Edition hit stores in April.
n24142965352_1926371_1808.jpg

n24142965352_1926372_1246.jpg

MadFuzzy

Voice control of the menus in Pop sounds pretty nice, but I wonder if it'll be patched in to all the other versions as well?

Will be interesting to see how much the wireless mics sell for as well, especially since the standard ones are 20 quid a set.

Manager

Greay playlist, nice to finally see more of Pink and Robyn.

Tntnnbltn said:
Paging Toy Soldier!!

oh1b8w.jpg

(Edit: Original image now removed. Replaced with Tinypic backup)

Awesome find, I really hope they included a couple of songs from her latest albums too.

Top Bottom