• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skipped out on bar tab, am I in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
What goes around, comes around. If you are fucking other people over, you are going to get fucked over yourself, in spades.

Dr_Cogent said:
What goes around, comes around. If you are fucking other people over, you are going to get fucked over yourself, in spades.

That's just the thing though.... the bar owners fucked him over first. I don't see why everyone is busting the OP's balls. Was it stupid? Yes. Is it even clear that the mafia owns the bar? No. Can they ever find him short of being face to face? Nope.

I would definitely avoid the hooker though bro, she will either give you some god awful cock and ball disease or set you up to get murdered.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
If the next post from AkuMifune is typed in broken ass English, and swears that this was all just a joke thread, you can bet your ass that the hooker and her goonsquad found him.

AkuMifune said:
Now let's just wait and see if lightning strikes me dead or not.

Being killed by lightning is very unlikely. I mean you've probably got a better chance of being killed by the Taiwanese mafia or something. ...oh right. That's the problem.

Initially this was a nice joke topic, but now the guy seems to be going out of his way to make himself sound like an asshole as well as an idiot, so now I don't get it.

Smiles and Cries said:
oh shit, I've finally been pulled over by the witty police for drive by posting !

what do I do? What do I do?

halp! I got served!
Don't mind him, he is just bitter that his football team has sucked for the past decade or two

aechris

I didn't read all of the pages in the thread to this point but I used to live in Taiwan and from what I gather, OP is fucked. I even asked my Taiwanese gf and she agrees.

GTFO

Oh, I see what's going on. The bar has a 'one in, one out' policy, and the hooker was the last foreigner to skip out on a bill.

"I am not the bar whore, AkuMifune. My name is Tiffiny. I inherited my whoredom from the previous bar whore, just as you will inherit it from me."

Wanace

I don't see the big deal. The place is an hour away, it's not even a local mafia, the hooker got fired (supposedly) and he got a new phone.

I'd run out on my tab too, especially if I was a generic white dude with a goatee and the stoner look like the OP probably is. Unfortunately I'm a rail thin 201 cm tall nerd.

Maverick

Cryptozoologist said:
I don't see the big deal. The place is an hour away, it's not even a local mafia, the hooker got fired (supposedly) and he got a new phone.

I'd run out on my tab too, especially if I was a generic white dude with a goatee and the stoner look like the OP probably is. Unfortunately I'm a rail thin 201 cm tall nerd.

Everything about what you said is wrong.

I'm in Hong Kong right now, and I believe Taiwan is quite similar in that all the club owners are connected/run by the same people. His problem isn't the mafia finding out where he lives, his problem is that if he ever goes out to another club/bar again, that someone recognizes him.

"Generic white dude?"

Well, as a "generic white dude" in HK, a place with a ton of foreigners, I can tell you that I am often recognized by shop keepers and restaurant owners, who remember what i like to order after going there just 2-3 times. You're pretty damn memorable as a white dude in these countries.

I think people are overreacting in this thread, but shit, the dude isn't a tourist. He has to live in the city, and if he goes out a lot, he should watch out.

Edit: And if you actually think that hooker got "fired," then you're denser than the OP. They use this trick all the time on stupid westerners who try to skip out on paying for hookers here in Hong Kong.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Suburban Cowboy said:
Don't mind him, he is just bitter that his football team has sucked for the past decade or two

still do...

fuckin cards screwed my fantasy team over this week

but yeah...is he still alive?

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Boogie said:
Wow, just when I think GAF is losing its entertainment value, something like this pops up. :lol

And when I clicked on this thread I thought it would be "Backstabbo in the Cabo II: Electric Boogaloo." And then it just turned out awesome.:lol

BobFromPikeCreek said:
You skipped out on a bill in a bar owned by the mafia. Wow.

No... I think I understand....

In Taiwan...... skipping a bar tab owned by the mafia..... is Wow.

His wow was skipping a bar tab owned by the mafia.

mwgiii

True or not...this has been entertaining.

If you were going to pay them back, you should have gone the next day and just said you were drunk. To much time has now passed. They know you were trying to fuck them.

Stupid move calling the hooker from your new cell phone.

Wanace

Maverick said:
Everything about what you said is wrong.

I'm in Hong Kong right now, and I believe Taiwan is quite similar in that all the club owners are connected/run by the same people. His problem isn't the mafia finding out where he lives, his problem is that if he ever goes out to another club/bar again, that someone recognizes him.

"Generic white dude?"

Well, as a "generic white dude" in HK, a place with a ton of foreigners, I can tell you that I am often recognized by shop keepers and restaurant owners, who remember what i like to order after going there just 2-3 times. You're pretty damn memorable as a white dude in these countries.

I think people are overreacting in this thread, but shit, the dude isn't a tourist. He has to live in the city, and if he goes out a lot, he should watch out.

Edit: And if you actually think that hooker got "fired," then you're denser than the OP. They use this trick all the time on stupid westerners who try to skip out on paying for hookers here in Hong Kong.

Yeah, I've been to Hong Kong, my sister lives there, and I live in Seoul, so I know what it's like to be the "generic white guy." I'm just saying, the place is an hour away and he's not likely to go there ever again. It's not like Wan Chai SoHo where if you want to go out and party you're pretty much concentrated in one area. Hell, here in Seoul if I wanted to skip out on a bar bill I'd do it once or twice. I've never been drunk or stupid enough to do it though. Even if I did there are at least 3 distinct club districts where I could go to.

Also, I'm pretty sure the hooker probably didn't get fired, but he did everything he could do (short of going back there and paying them, which would probably be even worse than what he did do.)

JimiNutz

Banned
Always-honest said:
so,.... i he still alive?

在您問時候他是否活我將切掉另一個手指。 當他的手指去我將切除他的腳趾,然後他的舌頭和最後他的陰莖。

In Memoriam: AkiMifune

180px-Mifune.jpg

"Now...I'm sitting here stoned..."
"I never met a Taiwanese prostitute I didn't like enough to give my phone number to."

May he rest in peace.

dove_bg1363.png

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Cranehand2ndComing said:
In Memoriam: AkiMifune

180px-Mifune.jpg

"Now...I'm sitting here stoned..."
"I never met a Taiwanese prostitute I didn't like enough to give my phone number to."

May he rest in peace.

dove_bg1363.png

god dammit, he truly was.....a man.

agrajag

Banned
I don't understand all the hate directed at the OP. I mean, he parties with hookers and skips on mafia bar tabs. He's a fucking legend in my book.

Yasser

agrajag said:
I don't understand all the hate directed at the OP. I mean, he parties with hookers and skips on mafia bar tabs. He's a fucking legend in my book.
he's a legend on gaf now unless he posts to prove he's still alive

Socreges

Banned
maybe he decided to never post on gaf ever again and wanted to go out in a classic way. god bless him if that's the case.

or r.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom