• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls delisted, becoming Skullgirls Encore (see post #288 for latest updates)

NeoGash

Konami would never do such a thing! It's not like they blacklist games journalists for honest opinions and release HD remakes that are far worse than the originals......

Silky

Banned
Can it be redownloaded through download history on PSN? I know you can on XBL

Honestly I would believe so, as the game would still be recorded to your download history. I know it works for XBL--as I can return to my purchase of OutRun easily. Can anyone confirm this?

Anbec7

Well this sucks....

But remember people, hating Konami will not help the team it's just...unfortunate that is all...

Anyway #TeamPC let's go!

Tagyhag

I really want to know what Konami is getting out of this, and why they won't let them prolong the date. I hope everything will get sorted out.

b8ybzjp.jpg

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
And yet never forget, Konami has always been kind of infamous, long before others like Capcom. They were one of the few Japanese companies back in the day to enjoy international attention due to high profile talent bailing out - everybody who left to form Treasure, and those who went to Natsume. Because they didn't like the working environment and company attitude.

Silky

Banned
I really want to know what Konami is getting out of this, and why they won't let them prolong the date. I hope everything will get sorted out.

I would honestly think that, since Marvelous is the new publisher and Konami isn't making anything from the PC version anymore (I would assume), that would lead to the delisting of the XBL/PSN games. All or nothing.

Granted that's a slim chance, but look at the situation; they're /stopping/ an income by delisting these games.

Just goes to show how fucking backwards Konami is with their management.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
It's a fucking shame that LZ has had this uphill battle with this game, the entire time. I don't begin to understand delisting a game that's making you money.

I don't quite understand whats going on. Why would Konami do this in the first place? Was there a falling out between LabZero and Konami? I haven't been following Skullgirls in awhile. To go to these lengths and play dirty against an indie developers is kind of extreme.....

Yeah, the lone and significant upshot here is that this situation is getting the SCEA version of Skullgirls' console patch fast-tracked and out before the end of the year, assuming it passes QA.

Yeah, I remember hearing about that. Seems like Lab Zero was at no fault at all in that situation. But this event just smells of some bad beef between the two companies now.

Before I got work in this industry, I'd never heard anything good about Konami as a publisher.

It's been almost a year since I got in, and I have yet to hear anything good about Konami as a publisher.

Tizoc

Wow, this is ridiculous shit, Metal Gear Company.

Hope they can find a way to relist the game back into either console though.

Zukuu

Banned
Why are japanese devs / publishers so disconnected with their fanbase around the world AND japan? Fucking higher ups need to get out of their suits and play some games, read some forums and do some shit.

Forwarded the story to eventhubs, so it gets more public attention.

Grief.exe

Versions published by Konami are to be delisted.

PSN US
PSN EU
XBL

PSN JP is Cyberfront
Stream is Marvelous AQL

They are safe.

Best case scenario, XBL and PSN passes QA before break and will be playing the Squigly update sooner than expected.

Why did they even get a publisher for the Steam version?

Maybe translation? Worldwide server infrastructure? Has to be something they couldn't do on their own.

I don't even want to try to find words to express my thoughts on this, it would mostly consist of just saying shit about Konami which won't get anything done with being said. I'm pissed, and I'll just leave it at that.

Jobbs

Banned
I may be stupid or something, but I still can't figure out what exactly is Konami's motivation for this. Businesses rarely do anything for reasons other than the bottom line.

Can someone explain it better, or is it the case that no one really knows exactly why?

Biker19

Banned
It's amazing how Konami could go from being my favorite publisher to my most hated in a single generation.

If it wasn't for Metal Gear (Their only franchise they haven't totally abandoned or ruined) I would stop buying games from them entirely.

Me too. They've become more & more irrelevant nowadays, just like with Capcom.

Codeblue

Didn't think Konami could sink any lower since they killed Hudson.

Disgraceful to pull this without even giving notice.

Ouren

Konami, your PR folks are great fun, your show-teams are silly and have a good time

Your legal team can basically suck my dick.

RE_Player

That's what I get for throwing money at a crowd funding campaign for a game. Never again.

EDIT: Not blaming Lab Zero here! Just blaming my luck with crowd funding and not getting the content through whatever reasons. Carry on people.

Reverend

Neo Member
That's what I get for throwing money at a crowd funding campaign for a game. Never again.

Not there fault but I only have access to the PSN version and I was hoping the new characters would hook me back in. Of the two things I have ever funded one never was completed and this one looks like it will end crappy :(

Nothing about this says that Skullgirls itself is dying or disappearing off of consoles. This is a hiccough and a douche move on Konami's part. You will still get your content. I'm sorry your crowd-funding experience hasn't been positive, but that isn't Lab Zero's fault.

joe2187

Banned
Not their fault but I only have access to the PSN version and I was hoping the new characters would hook me back in. Of the two things I have ever funded one never was completed and this one looks like it will end crappy :(

It's not dead.

As far as I understand the new content is going to have to travel through some completely idiotic red tape bullshit and have a longer delay than was expected for it to reach consoles. The only reason this is happening is because Konami is being extremely petty for some strange reason and is doing this with no real explanation.

RE_Player

Nothing about this says that Skullgirls itself is dying or disappearing off of consoles. This is a hiccough and a douche move on Konami's part. You will still get your content. I'm sorry your crowd-funding experience hasn't been positive, but that isn't Lab Zero's fault.

Again I'm not blaming Lab Zero! But if a game gets delisted it does not receive patch or additional content on PSN, my platform for the game.

Top Bottom