• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

minetter7k51.jpeg

Indeed. So far, few NeoGAF predictions have actually come to pass, so I'm kinda holding my breath until we see the reveal. Pretty much no one here (including myself) thought this would be the final four. Yet here we are.

toooo cute *saved*

dan2026

I really, really hope Eliza has won.

But I know there is a 99.9% chance all those votes went to Annie.
She is just too popular.

dan2026

I love how half the Annie fans are convinced that Eliza's going to win, and half the Eliza fans are convinced Annie's gonna win.

Well I thought Beowulf was going to make it into the final round and he was beaten by Aeon of all people. I didn't even realise she had that many fans.

So I may have misinterpreted the voting.

But still when given the choice between a loli and a mature woman, the cynic in me tells me how Japan will vote at least.

Cyrano

I've pretty much given up on trying to figure out the vote, given that without more information, it's pretty much impossible to know, even if we know that average voter turnout is about 12,000.

But I know there is a 99.9% chance all those votes went to Annie.
She is just too popular.

The vocal minority just makes her fanbase look a lot bigger than it actually is, just like with Beowulf. The reality is that we can't really make a call on who is going to win based on who the vocal fans are supporting, as there is a damn good chunk of the voters who aren't part of the core fandom or the FGC, and therefor aren't revealing their choices to the public in threads like this and probably aren't swayed by the tons of cheer-leading that each character gets.

dan2026

The vocal minority just makes her fanbase look a lot bigger than it actually is, just like with Beowulf. The reality is that we can't really make a call on who is going to win based on who the vocal fans are supporting, as there is a damn good chunk of the voters who aren't part of the core fandom or the FGC, and therefor aren't revealing their choices to the public in threads like this and probably aren't swayed by the tons of cheer-leading that the characters get.

True that.

In Eliza we trust!

Cyrano

The vocal minority just makes her fanbase look a lot bigger than it actually is, just like with Beowulf. The reality is that we can't really make a call on who is going to win based on who the vocal fans are supporting, as there is a damn good chunk of the voters who aren't part of the core fandom or the FGC, and therefor aren't revealing their choices to the public in threads like this and probably aren't swayed by the tons of cheer-leading that the characters get.
There are probably a lot who have never even seen this thread. They just like Skullgirls. There are plenty of people on the official forums who have even admitted to never playing the game, and that they just like the characters and tight design.

So yeah, everyone here is likely part of a vocal minority, and the majority vote is likely entirely obscured. There is simply no way to get an accurate poll. Especially due to the fact that there is also an entirely obscured voting block which makes up 35% of the total votes (which is to say, all the other countries that ARE NOT the US). These voters are actually the sway voters, so they are the ones who are likely to actually decide the vote, unless the winner has 50% or more of the votes. Well, more like 40-45% given for a margin error of 3-7%.

There are probably a lot who have never even seen this thread. They just like Skullgirls. There are plenty of people on the official forums who have even admitted to never playing the game, and that they just like the characters and tight design

I wasn't referring to this thread in particular so much as the fandom in general.

kirblar

The vocal minority just makes her fanbase look a lot bigger than it actually is, just like with Beowulf. The reality is that we can't really make a call on who is going to win based on who the vocal fans are supporting, as there is a damn good chunk of the voters who aren't part of the core fandom or the FGC, and therefor aren't revealing their choices to the public in threads like this and probably aren't swayed by the tons of cheer-leading that each character gets.
Remember Scythana? Called Eliza as the obvious winner before this started and I see no reason not to change that call.

Cyrano

I wasn't referring to this thread in particular so much as the fandom in general.
No, I know. I just meant that there is a more general fandom which is not part of the vocal minority which participates in this thread. Participating in this forum already makes you part of a vocal minority by default. Few people in general discuss videogames in the same way people discuss music or movies (or more likely, sports/weather).

fader

I'm really disapointed with the final 4... Comeon, Beowulf was awesome. Then there was a guy who controlled time... sigh...

I hope Eliza wins though...

Cyrano

Yeah, I voted for Molly in all the rounds she was available. I love the phone design for a Tron-Bonne-esque character. It's a shame Tron Bonne has been so underutilized as a character, given that I've always found her more interesting than Mega Man or Zero.

I'm really disapointed with the final 4... Comeon, Beowulf was awesome. Then there was a guy who controlled time... sigh...

I hope Eliza wins though...
Now there is a gal who makes that "time controlling" guy her bitch.
There are probably a lot who have never even seen this thread. They just like Skullgirls. There are plenty of people on the official forums who have even admitted to never playing the game, and that they just like the characters and tight design.

So yeah, everyone here is likely part of a vocal minority, and the majority vote is likely entirely obscured. There is simply no way to get an accurate poll. Especially due to the fact that there is also an entirely obscured voting block which makes up 35% of the total votes (which is to say, all the other countries that ARE NOT the US). These voters are actually the sway voters, so they are the ones who are likely to actually decide the vote, unless the winner has 50% or more of the votes. Well, more like 40-45% given for a margin error of 3-7%.
tumblr_mlqg87dZvy1rlvp68o1_1280_zpsd3b04ce0.jpg

tumblr_mlqg87dZvy1rlvp68o2_1280_zpsa44a0f09.jpg

The FGC's mortal enemy in these polls.

Mista Koo

Probably last palettes I make:

4TONsNQ.png
iWZcj78.png

She does look cute now that she isn't a fish :p
If I considered human alt colors she might have been one of my favorites due to these two of her inspirations.

Thores

If I considered human alt colors she might have been one of my favorites due to these two of her inspirations.

These are fantastic. If you change your mind and do more of her I'd love to see Ariel (Little Mermaid) and Maya (Ace Attorney) palettes for her. Maya even has a maid outfit in the third game you could draw from.

Also Mawile from Pokemon, I get reminded of it half the time I see her hair/head...thing

Ultimadrago

I like Minette as a cute fish girl just fine :p
That said, I do really like the idea of a Roll-inspired alt for her.

Those legs are FAT.

From sneaking off some food from customers' dishes, no doubt!

Cyrano

Wait, what hate?
Nothing, just the discourse about #TeamDicks and the chargebacks and all the other stuff that seems to have plagued a fan vote. It's just weird. I'm enthusiastic because we're getting new characters, not because my character (or my character's gender) is getting into the game.

Also, those palettes are awesome.

NEO0MJ

Nothing, just the discourse about #TeamDicks and the chargebacks and all the other stuff that seems to have plagued a fan vote. It's just weird. I'm enthusiastic because we're getting new characters, not because my character (or my character's gender) is getting into the game.

It's just the votes turning people crazy. If people really hated the game I doubt we would have reached the insane $830k donation.

LuffyZoro

I just got my first taste of actually playing Skullgirls from the Xbox demo, and I liked it. Only having the ability to play as Cerebella and Fillia in Arcade mode was annoying though, because I was a lot better with Cerebella, and would have rather just had her. Still, I'm super looking forward to the PC release.

Thores

Probably already happened as it seems either Eliza or Annie won this. Not fancying her chances much either for the 2nd vote.

If the next vote uses the new ranking system, I'd say her chances of even breaking the Top 8 are pretty low. People can essentially give Minette negative votes by putting her on the bottom of their personal rankings, which is something I imagine would happen a lot due to her being such a polarizing character.

Edit for Tangent: Characters like Eliza and Beowulf, however, would probably do really well since on top of their fanbases not many people are offended by their designs. The system's probably the best way to get a "middle ground" character that might not be everyone's favorite, but the majority would be okay with their inclusion.

Cyrano

If the next vote uses the new ranking system, I'd say her chances of even breaking the Top 8 are pretty low. People can essentially give Minette negative votes by putting her on the bottom of their personal rankings, which is something I imagine would happen a lot due to her being such a polarizing character.
I gotta imagine that Minette making it this far probably means there's a far more dedicated fanbase out there for her than people realize. It may be the largest by far, which essentially might be what clenches these votes (and given Peter's stance about the current first place character, it's fairly obvious that at least one character out of these 30 is a long-time fan favorite - even if we don't know which).

Top Bottom