• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

TheOGB

Banned
O8StJGT.gif

Minette's the last one standing from my initial lineup, so voting her. Honestly hoping she crushes Annie~

I think we should be worried more about Eliza :/ I'll be happy with Annie or Minette, if I could know who has more votes I'd vote for that horse.

You're such a bro. If Annie gets in I'll toss aside my hate and vote for Minette next round.

thanks, we'll need all the support we can get for vote 2!

I REALLY believe that if Annie or Minette wins this round we can get the other char in, but damn... we're split voting ;-;

Thores

I REALLY believe that if Annie or Minette wins this round we can get the other char in, but damn... we're split voting ;-;

I adore Minette (who I'm voting for this round), and I would enjoy Annie being in, but if one of them wins this vote I'm not voting for the other next time around (especially if we only get one vote). I also think that there's far less overlap between the Minette/Annie fanbases than what everyone is assuming.

I adore Minette (who I'm voting for this round), and I would enjoy Annie being in, but if one of them wins this vote I'm not voting for the other next time around (especially if we only get one vote). I also think that there's far less overlap between the Minette/Annie fanbases than what everyone is assuming.

I agree, but I still think it's going to be hard to defeat Eliza, all the dudebros are going to her!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I think the root problem with this DLC voting system is that the opportunity cost is so high. Ok, let's say your favorite didn't get in and you're not going to pout about it, but you probably like some of the other designs as well and the mere act of picking one means the rest are cast aside.

Personally, I kinda want to see all of the top 4 get in, and some others. It'd be a much more interesting game.

Meanwhile, we're confirmed to get Robo Fortune. More catgirls are nice and all, but she can sit out if it gives others a chance.

I think the root problem with this DLC voting system is that the opportunity cost is so high. Ok, let's say your favorite didn't get in and you're not going to pout about it, but you probably like some of the other designs as well and the mere act of picking one means the rest are cast aside.

Personally, I kinda want to see all of the top 4 get in, and some others. It'd be a much more interesting game.

Meanwhile, we're confirmed to get Robo Fortune. Catgirls are nice and all, but she can sit out if it gives others a chance.
Unfortunately dropping her wouldn't give them enough leeway for a different fifth character. Hopefully this proves to be good data for a hypothetical SG2.

Meanwhile, we're confirmed to get Robo Fortune. More catgirls are nice and all, but she can sit out if it gives others a chance.

I think RoboFortune is getting in because she's cheap to add in the game. Adding three additional new characters from scratch would be outside the budget.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I think RoboFortune is getting in because she's cheap to add in the game. Adding three additional new characters from scratch would be outside the budget.
Yeah, I realize that. When you have such limited resources to work with you need to make hard decisions. I'm just saying that if it were the case that skipping her would help, then it probably would be for the best.

Yeah, I realize that. When you have such limited resources to work with you need to make hard decisions. I'm just saying that if it were the case that skipping her would help, then it probably would be for the best.

Yeah LZ would go for 3 completely new characters on top of Big Band and Squigly if they had the resources. I'm glad that they can at least add RoboFortune.

Someone vector traced and colored that Eliza concept art. Who gives a shit if she is female or not, if you can't respect how badass she can be then you got a problem.
Wait a second, is she like a Wolverine where her flesh can disappear and it'll regenerate? That's what the art's showing me and, if that's the case, then she's got my vote.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Aeon is a classy lady.

Venus is a Victoria's Secret model.

Wait a second, is she like a Wolverine where her flesh can disappear and it'll regenerate? That's what the art's showing me and, if that's the case, then she's got my vote.

A celebrity diva known for her charity, Eliza has been a host to the skeletal Parasite Sekhmet for countless years, completely internal and hidden from everyone. In reality, Eliza’s charity blood drives primarily serve to feed Sekhmet and preserve her own beauty. When the Medicis found out, they blackmailed Eliza and forced her to use her vampiric abilities for their own purposes. Now forced into the pursuit for the Skull Heart, an ancient ambition stirs... one that Samson and Leviathan are all too familiar with.

Playstyle Speculation
The ultimate attack-from-disadvantage character. Because of her kinship with her parasite, Eliza can control her own blood. Each time she is hit she bleeds, MK style, and the blood stays on the stage. Certain specials and supers can then use it.

Eliza will probably have two modes: one where Sekhmet is inside Eliza’s body, with slow, powerful attacks; and another where Eliza anchors herself onto the Staff of Ra and Sekhmet herself becomes a faster, more mobile character with new abilities.

So basically she'll go from this

to this.
pIsF2XP.jpg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I loved the whole Vore/Gore aspect about her, I wish she had more clothes just to appeal to others.
Almost every character I play in a fighting game is pretty damn clotheless

Makoto, Mu-12, Arthur, Ogre, Bryan, Alex, Felicia, Seth.
Actually I like how they play I swear

and yet looking at Venus I have absolutely zero urge to pick her or play as her.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
only reason her current design is okay is because of my underboob fetish

Eh I wanted to play her since I saw her in the story mode of CT. She's cute plus her English VA does a really good job making her perky and upbeat. That and well she replaced bang for me after they made him boring as fuck in CS

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Eh I wanted to play her since I saw her in the story mode of CT. She's cute plus her English VA does a really good job making her perky and upbeat. That and well she replaced bang for me after they made him boring as fuck in CS
And then they nerfed her into the ground in Extend. Bad times.

By the way, speaking of your affinity for characters that strip, you should check out Sasara in Aquapazza. lol

I loved her in CT... I played the story 100% in the first game and I NEEDED HER, I was kinda sad when I saw that they went full stripper mode with her, I don't think it's wrong but I ended up liking Platinum's design way more.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I loved her in CT... I played the story 100% in the first game and I NEEDED HER, I was kinda sad when I saw that they went full stripper mode with her, I don't think it's wrong but I ended up liking Platinum's design way more.

Plat needs clothes that fit.

And then they nerfed her into the ground in Extend. Bad times.

By the way, speaking of your affinity for characters that strip, you should check out Sasara in Aquapazza. lol
She's amazing in BBCP again I cant wait :D

and I'll check that out, I havent seen much of Waterpizza

edit:Female Knight? Sold. Ohhh she's like Eliza from Fairy Tail... Even more sold :lol

Top Bottom