• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Crowdsourcing - Completed, $829,829 raised, 4+1 characters funded

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Any chance we get the base soundtrack now and the upcoming tunes later as they're released? I don't want to wait another month to get the Medici Tower Song on my iPod. :(

Ravidrath

Any chance we get the base soundtrack now and the upcoming tunes later as they're released? I don't want to wait another month to get the Medici Tower Song on my iPod. :(

Yeah, we'll probably send the digital items out together at the end of the month, and then do a digital release of the additional stuff later.

Not entirely sure how to handle the physical OST... we didn't expect to make this much new music, meaning it's going to take a lot longer, and may no longer fit on a single CD.

TheOGB

Banned
tumblr_mk58ebO91L1r7x4j1o1_1280.jpg
i can't handle all this fanart
I have been waiting for this forever

Needless to say, congratulations on hitting every single target and getting over a year's worth of work funded. Hopefully the Steam release will boost the game financially, too.

Did the page always say it was coming out on Linux?

No, that was announced mid-way. Apparently, somebody's prepared to port it to Linux for free, which also explains why there's no Mac port yet.

I'm actually considering Minette as one of my top 4 after all the art I've been in 4chan, she's a rather loved character over there....... but who would I take out! oh noooo

#TeamMinette
#TeamFeng
#TeamMarie
#TeamAnnie
#TeamVenus
#TeamVagina

I use Fortune, so a Fortune/Minette team sounds cute now that I think about it

Solune

@Ravidrath,

I tried to make a last minute contribution but Paypal couldn't / wouldn't process my payment. Is there another way to donate if I just want to vote?

GatorBait

Unreal. I haven't looked at this thread in a couple days, and you guys blow through a bunch of milestones...and we end up with all extra characters + their stages and story modes?! I am so going to play this game a ton once we start getting these characters.

How do I get in on the voting? Or am I out of luck since I didn't contribute in time?

Also, I've been reading the character playstyle speculation page, and I'm wondering if there are any bios like that for the existing Skullgirls characters? Really just looking for something similar that gives some story background on them as well as what their playstyle inspirations were. Looked over the website and didn't see anything quite like that.

@Ravidrath,

I tried to make a last minute contribution but Paypal couldn't / wouldn't process my payment. Is there another way to donate if I just want to vote?

If you still wish to contribute to the campaign, you can send Paypal payments directly to operations at labzerogames dot com.

Thores

Skullgirls Indiegogo said:
We’ll be moving forward on the character voting soon. The vote will be conducted in four rounds, lasting roughly a week each:
- Round 1: All characters, 4 votes - Round 2: Top 16 characters, 3 votes - Round 3: Top 8 characters, 2 votes - Round 4: Top 4 characters, 1 vote

Since we will be voting on two characters, each will have its own voting process, so the two campaigns don’t interfere with the other.

Also, this will be a blind vote – there will not be any interim updates provided within each round.

For each round, you will receive an e-mail with a voting link
Any votes that we deem suspicious will be rejected

So read up on the characters, start campaigning for your choices, and keep an eye on your e-mail!

For some reason I have a feeling that the second place winner of the first campaign will not win the second campaign. The meltdown is going to be insane.

For just 5 cents a day.. YOU can help feed this child...
jb13kbpYw5khnp.jpg
=
ibKq7kkXS5Vvh.gif

For just $825,000 fu**ing dollars.. YOU can have this ugly ass piece of sh** character..
jbl6mHbCILCcOK.jpg
=
iDsPXjbs5R5n7.gif

For the just 5 cents a day.. YOU can help feed this child...

For just $825,000 fu**ing dollars.. YOU can have this ugly ass piece of sh** character..

The out-of-context guilt-tripping came a few weeks earlier than I expected. But this post seems underdeveloped; what's wrong, you couldn't find the time to throw 'first-world problems' on top of this shit sundae?

Ultimadrago

You can contribute directly by Paypal'ing to operations (at) labzerogames (dot) com - we'll honor the tier rewards for 2 weeks, too.

Out of curiosity, is that only tier rewards or does it count for voting inclusion too?

(Starting with Round 1 if paid before Monday or starting with Round 2 if paid before Monday after)

The out-of-context guilt-tripping came a few weeks earlier than I expected. But this post seems underdeveloped; what's wrong, you couldn't find the time to throw 'first-world problems' on top of this shit sundae?

I think it was just a poorly executed joke. I chuckled
and then checked his post history to confirm that he's not serious.

"ugly ass piece of shit character" goes a bit too far I think.
:p

Top Bottom