• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

While on this subject, do you guys know what the minimum requirements for the PC version are yet?

I don't need to worry myself, but I'd like to know for a friend mostly.

Ravidrath

While on this subject, do you guys know what the minimum requirements for the PC version are yet?

I don't need to worry myself, but I'd like to know for a friend mostly.

I don't have anything "official" yet, but I'd say Intel 4000 or higher for smooth 720p play. I think Intel 3000 can hold up during everything except Marie.

We're still doing some optimization, and we added 2D versions of the stages to help things run smoothly on even lower-end machines.

Kioshen

I don't have anything "official" yet, but I'd say Intel 4000 or higher for smooth 720p play. I think Intel 3000 can hold up during everything except Marie.

We're still doing some optimization, and we added 2D versions of the stages to help things run smoothly on even lower-end machines.

Weeeee I'll be able to play during lunch hour XD. Can't wait to see how it looks when bumped up to 1080p.

Streaming was fun tonight, random people popped in to help with Painwheel combos. :D

Being able to play it on toasters will make it great for people who cart laptops around with them everyday. I wonder how well the game copes with hotswapping arcade sticks?

Streaming was fun tonight, random people popped in to help with Painwheel combos. :D

Being able to play it on toasters will make it great for people who cart laptops around with them everyday. I wonder how well the game copes with hotswapping arcade sticks?

I'd imagine fairly well, since most recent PC games that use Xinput support hotswapping.

Shame there's been no update on the PC beta this weekend. :(

Going to be streaming again in a few minutes, unless the UMvC3 stuff at CEO proves interesting.

Pretty much the only thing between the beta and release is the input desync bug. Once Mike finds and fixes that, we should be good.

Thanks for the speedy response! Can't wait for the beta. :D

Oh yeah, some folks on Skullheart were saying that Mike was talking about streaming code stuff this weekend. I guess that's not happening?

Shame there's been no update on the PC beta this weekend. :(

Going to be streaming again in a few minutes, unless the UMvC3 stuff at CEO proves interesting.

We probably won't be hearing much about the PC Beta until whatever desynch issue is found and fixed for the online portion. Render and Mike weren't exactly enthusiastic about getting that done in a timely manner too, they were saying that they had like next to no idea about what was causing it to begin with.

Of course if they decided to release the beta with the online initially disabled so they can fix it while still giving us a chance to mess around with Squigly ... that could be neat.

I enjoyed your stream yesterday though. =]

No one would argue against you there, friend!
Don't agree with me on that. You'll make me feel bad. :(

If they can get it running on Intel 4000 that'd definitely open up a lot of buying opportunities for casuals. That is practically the only set up I see for laptops nowadays.
CEO Top 4 Skullgirls conveniently time stamped. Matches contain some ZeroELopez, Winnie, Duckator and Keninblack.

Also thanks guys for posting the changes from this week's Salty Cupcakes !
Sweet

Gonna have to watch this later. Was nothing else shown? I heard the game went by quick, but I thought we'd at least see top 8.
We probably won't be hearing much about the PC Beta until whatever desynch issue is found and fixed for the online portion. Render and Mike weren't exactly enthusiastic about getting that done in a timely manner too, they were saying that they had like next to no idea about what was causing it to begin with.

Of course if they decided to release the beta with the online initially disabled so they can fix it while still giving us a chance to mess around with Squigly ... that could be neat.

I enjoyed your stream yesterday though. =]
This would honestly be preferable imo. It'd give people a change to practice up before getting stomped online. All I care about is offline play for the first few days.

Yeah, I hear pretty good things about the Haswell integrated GPUs. Sucks that Intel have not really innovated much in the desktop sphere since Sandy Bridge though. :(

Stream will be alive in about 20 minutes. Currently I'm tinkering with some overlays.

EDIT: Stream is live! www.twitch.tv/fairlysadpanda

Ken

Bought SF AE for 12 bucks on PC. Guess I'll have a lot of fighting games to play when I get a Windows PC.

Duuuuuuun! Dun dun dun dun dun duuuun, duuuuuuun! etc.
suOqDxt.png

[proof]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Steam update's in 40 minutes, probably too soon for today. Probably tomorrow or Wednesday, although I wouldn't rule out Valve allowing a late upload.

Well, the bug was fixed over two hours ago, they might have been able to manage it.

It could also be treated as an emergency patch to allow the beta to ship, as there may be some kind of functional build that's available via Steam (because people have been "playing" the game).

Just to be clear, if the PC beta comes out I'll be streaming that all UK evening/US afternoon. :)

Don't get excited don't get excited don't get exci-adfkhasdfkljasdflkjasdfkljadsfljksadf.

Yeah I know, we should all keep our hopes low because

AH SCREW IT

HappyBirthdayBlackKid.gif

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

(EDIT: I'm assuming tomorrow or Wednesday too, I just want to be excited about something before Borderlands 2 finishes installing. :D)

Remind me, is the beta going to be Slightly Different Edition or Salty Cupcakes edition?

Yeah, it's going to be the Salty Cupcake edition. Mike said he wanted to keep the PC Beta up to date with the weekly Salty Builds as well so expect regular updates to the beta build as well.

Nabs

Steam update's in 40 minutes, probably too soon for today. Probably tomorrow or Wednesday, although I wouldn't rule out Valve allowing a late upload.

They can upload stuff whenever they want. It's really just a matter of beta keys. Lets hope they get 'em fast enough, or that they already requested some a while back.

I would be streaming right now, but I need some time at the gym to cease being a jittery mess. 8D

edit: Nope, still a jittery mess. I am typing this. from a cycling machine...

A few hours left in the Californian work day... if we don't hear anything in the next three hours I would place my bet on tomorrow. :p

For the record, Queen is the best band in the world to work out too!

Ravidrath

It could also be treated as an emergency patch to allow the beta to ship, as there may be some kind of functional build that's available via Steam (because people have been "playing" the game).

Still probably going to take a few days to get the keys from Steam and distributed via the Humble Bundle store.

Still probably going to take a few days to get the keys from Steam and distributed via the Humble Bundle store.

... hopes... deleted.

(Still hype tho)

Colour me surprised about the timeframe though. I expected the key stuff to be pretty automated, as Humble Bundle deals with Steam keys all the time.

Ravidrath

... hopes... deleted.

(Still hype tho)

Colour me surprised about the timeframe though. I expected the key stuff to be pretty automated, as Humble Bundle deals with Steam keys all the time.

The Humble Bundle guys are pretty busy. They may be able to do it faster, but I don't want to promise anything and have it not happen.

Also discovered a nasty control config bug that we need to fix before sending this out, since it directly impacts anyone playing with a keyboard.

Hey Ravidrath, when's the cutoff for buying stuff from the Lab Zero/Humble Bundle store? I want a PC key, but I haven't had a chance to buy a higher digital tier yet.

Kioshen

The Humble Bundle guys are pretty busy. They may be able to do it faster, but I don't want to promise anything and have it not happen.

Also discovered a nasty control config bug that we need to fix before sending this out, since it directly impacts anyone playing with a keyboard.

the-office-noooo.gif

WHY ARE FORTUNE COMBOS SO HARD

AAAAAAA

It feels like there's much more that can go wrong with a Ms Fortune combo than anyone else's combos, just because the head has to co-operate and you have to get restands. :|

Krackatoa

What's the bug? As a keyboard/hitbox player, and budding programmer, I'm very curious as to what happened.

Ravidrath

What's the bug? As a keyboard/hitbox player, and budding programmer, I'm very curious as to what happened.

Has to do with the way scrolling lists are handled in the UI. Going to have to work around them pretty much, because fixing the actual display issue would take a lot longer to resolve.

AutumnAve

Hmm, is this the place to try and get some help for improving my Skullgirls play? I don't fuck with SRK, so if any one can play with me , and diagnose/step me through playing better? My Psn is AutumnAve, and I play filia.

Top Bottom