• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim coming to Nintendo Switch [Maybe?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggy Loop

Portable Skyrim, yes i will rebuy.

Now imagine portable Dark souls 1,2,3.....

From software, you want my money?

giphy.gif

You mean easier to work with than Sony? Nintendo has quite a few cross-platform online games on the Wii U already.

I'm talking strictly mod content, and what Nintendo may or may not deem suitable for their platform.

They might not want little Billy downloading any sexy Elf armors.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Skyrim still has 20-30k players on Steam every day. In fact, it currently has more people playing it than Fallout 4.

People will buy Skyrim on a portable system.

Again. That's the modding community. Skyrim is probably the most extensively modded game there is and it's the one thing keeping the interest afloat.

Effect

Same here. I mean, I loved Skyrim but...I played it in 2011 along with most other people. I guess it's still very popular on Steam etc. but....a 2017 Nintendo console? Eh.

The remake is about to be released in a few days on the PC, XB1, and PS4. So it's likely to be that version. Rumors were that porting was fairly easy as that process goes so the cost likely isn't that high to make a Nintendo Switch version.

The footage shown in the video is 100% from the new Special Edition.
The old version doesn't look like this, especially the volumetric lighting.

Gleethor

Seeing a lot of buzz about Skyrim Switch on Reddit. I think this port is a much bigger deal than something like Arkham City Wii U was

JP

Nobody should complain about games being shown as the more games the better, obviously, but I'm not really seeing the remaster as being anything to show off, I could sort of understand it if they'd shown Fallout 4 on the console but not this. I say that as somebody who really dislikes Fallout 4 but absolutely loved Skyrim when it was first released.

JP

How can yall tell if its the remastered one?
I would think that goes without saying really, this version is releasing at least six months after the PS4/Xbox remastered versions and nobody would be happy with an uglier version releasing later on newer hardware.

I'd imagine that it would have to be the remaster by default.

oti

Banned
This is a choice I don't understand. Especially to dedicate time to it.

Two messages here.

"Hey PC owners, this is what you want. And we have NVIDIA on board. (Also hi Vita owners do you want to continue playing video games, well...)"

"Hey publishers, see this? You could also port your popular PC/older games on this if you want. Look at Bethesda, they are doing it too."

I'm so buying this... Portable Elder scrolls.. omg.
Heaven. Thanks Nintendo. THANKS!!!!!!! Also first Elder Scrolls on a Nintendo Console.

Does that mean the Switch is compareable to a Xbox One?

Taker34

Banned
How can yall tell if its the remastered one?
Because of the yellow piss filter in the footage. It's everywhere.

Are people trolling when they say that this remaster won't be popular? It's still every day in the steam top 10-15 despite being a 5 year old single player game which sold >20 million copies. Of course the remaster will do pretty well.

I'm so buying this... Portable Elder scrolls.. omg.
Heaven. Thanks Nintendo. THANKS!!!!!!! Also first Elder Scrolls on a Nintendo Console.

Does that mean the Switch is compareable to a Xbox One?

No, Skyrim is not the game to gauge a consoles performance level from. If anything it's telling that it wasn't a newer title.

heringer

I thought it was a great move showing Skyrim.

Yeah it's an old game, but it's immediately regonizable, it evokes your memories of a huge, epic and expansive game and sends the message that you will be able to play games like that on the go.

Now the question we need to ask is: which version is this going to be?

I would think that goes without saying really, this version is releasing at least six months after the PS4/Xbox remastered versions and nobody would be happy with an uglier version releasing later on newer hardware.

I'd imagine that it would have to be the remaster by default.
Im just saying, how tho? I can make a choice like that through deductive reasoning but we see the game here. Any comparisons?

jph139

Skyrim is kind of forgotten among hardcore gamers but in the "light, surface level gamers" realm it remains huge. I know a lot of people who only really play Skyrim and more or less understand the WRPG as a genre to be "like Skyrim."

It's not going to be a system seller but it's absolutely going to get attention.

heringer

Skyrim is kind of forgotten among hardcore gamers but in the "light, surface level gamers" realm it remains huge. I know a lot of people who only really play Skyrim and more or less understand the WRPG as a genre to be "like Skyrim."

It's not going to be a system seller but it's absolutely going to get attention.

Exactly.

Ploid 3.0

If it's a port of the original version then just lol.

I wouldn't expect much, it's a tablet console. It's probably a mix of both. Optimized for portable and the smaller screen specs, cut corners for performance, and the original Skyrim ported up (?) to the handheld newer hardware over PS360.

Cels

advertising your 2017 console using a 2011 game LUL

but in all seriousness skyrim on the go isn't a bad idea

eFKac

Waited all my gaming life for a big WRPG on a handheld, and never got one until this one, so kudos.

I'm also expecting this to be a token support, and last Bethesda game/WRPG on a handheld (unless EA ports Andromeda)

I find Bethesda doing something with Nintendo to be the most interesting out of all this. If the Switch has the power to run something like Fallout 4, though...

KAL2006

Banned
Skyrim is nice but lack of current gen 3rd party games seems like it won't be powerful. If it was pets say The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 then I'd be amazed.

tr1p1ex

Meh. Not going to sell system. Not even sure why they bother except they can leverage the work done for Switch to make a mobile version in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom