• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs dev United Front Games making next gen console title w/ multiplayer

No, because then that means someone will inevitably throw me into a car boot and drive me into the ocean.

There's just too much hopping on the co-op bandwagon lately, I'm sick of it.

It's fun, that's why. Gaming is getting more social, it's just something you're going to have to live why.

It's unlikely it'll be forced co-op anyway, if it is Sleeping Dogs 2.

Press the blue option to arrest the criminal and turn the drugs over to the cops. Press the red option to kill him and sell the drugs. -5 karma points if you do that.

Nah that sounds as boring as it is in mass effect.

hmm I was thinking about major choices like allying yourself with the gangsters instead of the cops, or undermining one side by sabotage. I think Alpha protocol did it well, although I haven't played the game yet.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
hmm I was thinking about major choices like allying yourself with the gangsters instead of the cops, or undermining one side by sabotage. I think Alpha protocol did it well, although I haven't played the game yet.

That would be cool. The cake mission actually made me consider siding with the Triads or at least the Sun ON Yee, but there were no real options or choices to be made in Sleeping Dogs, which is a shame considering how story-oriented it was.

Anyways, just thinking about the co-op potential for melee combat is crazy. Think the Mad Dog fight from The Raid. Although in all likelihood it will be more similar to Ninja Gaiden 2/3 co-op and have players attack different enemies altogether; the enemies themselves will just be greater in number and strength.

Kikujiro

Expand Hong Kong, add Macau, just work on more of everything content-wise and it will be perfect for me. They have already a solid foundation, even the engine with HD textures looks next-gen enough, game needs to follow its own identity, not trying to be a GTA clone, I loved the first one because it was somewhere between GTA and Yakuza.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Less generic (writing-wise), less scripted game that doesn't run out of steam two-thirds the way through. Both Sleeping Dogs and Modnation showed UFG has crazy potential, so I'm sure they can pull it off.

UFG did just get a greenlight on at least one new project in the last month or so, I believe, FWIW.

UrbanRats

Sleeping Dogs 2 set in San Francisco.

Come on guys, the Hong Kong setting was awesome, but you know you want it.

iqRPbTBB9WuVz.gif
iMu48rnrXGwnO.gif
ibwwBU6d2CWihz.gif

Top Bottom