• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sly: Thieves In Time Coming To (Vita/PS3)!!

tiku

yup , plus this kind of visual style may even look 'better' on a handheld screen than on a huge TV. I've never played a Sly game before, i hope there's a demo available

pd. hola!!! [chun]

I've never played one before, only the first one for an hour or so, but all i've heard it's the next ones were "suffering" for the "sandbox effect" ND applied to its franchises on PS2 and are much less fun than the first one.

I hope this is a really funny game :)

P.D: hola catanen! xD

They've got to justify that Vita purchase somehow

Seriously though this really makes the most sense for all of Sony's upcoming 1st party titles, make them PS3/Vita cross platform. Now if they'd take it the logical next step and include both in a single purchase the Vita would have a niche and be able to sell
a couple
more units.

StuBurns

Banned
It's odd, when the first trailer leaked from the HD Collection I remember on GAF people discussing if it was going to be a PSP2 game or not.

tzare

Assuming that those are really the visuals of the Vita version, it looks extremely good.

Yup, if the vita teaser is faithful , this game may be awsome to play on Vita. I hope it runs at native resolution btw, i think it would suffer if it was subVIta res because of its visual style.

I also wonder why do people see this game (or others in a similar situation) as a port instead of multiplatform games (only being PS3/portable instead of your typical PS360/PC situation)

mangaroo

Banned
Is that meant to be surprising? Some people prefer different games on different systems. I mean, personally I've no interest in Rayman: Origins on PS3 or PC but Vita? Sure.

I think it was the way he typed it more than anything else. Most people understood what he meant.

I'm also not that keen on these trailers with the stationary vita and "unknown" footage being displayed. Remember the MK trailers?

Acrylic7

Is that meant to be surprising? Some people prefer different games on different systems. I mean, personally I've no interest in Rayman: Origins on PS3 or PC but Vita? Sure.

Hes saying he wouldn't buy Sly because it was on the ps3, the system the game was built from the ground up for. Instead he would buy it for the Vita, didn't really make sense to me.

Hes saying he wouldn't buy Sly because it was on the ps3, the system the game was built from the ground up for. Instead he would buy it for the Vita, didn't really make sense to me.

Why not? I wouldn't buy it for PS3 either but now that it's on Vita I'm buying it for sure. Some people just enjoy playing certain kinds of games on different systems. I love playing Platformers/Puzzle/Arcade/RPGs games on Handhelds and most others games on a console, there are exceptions of course.

I love the franchise, but was anybody else expecting something a little, ya know, better as a "special treat for Sly fans"?

That announcement wasn't really for the Sly fans as it was for the people who have a Vita (who more than likely have a PS3 already) So the question remains, do they really expect people to buy the same game twice? I surely wouldn't, even if I had a Vita.

This is awesome, the fov on the console games makes me sick and nauseous for some reason, and since this has is on a smaller screen, I can hopefully play in longer intervals. Also, OLED!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Groovy, now sell both on the Playstation store for the
price of one like they did with Motorstorm and I'd pick it up day 1.

Groovy, now sell both on the Playstation store for the
price of one like they did with Motorstorm and I'd pick it up day 1.

wouldn't gamestop do anything to stop that? no one is gonna buy the individual game at retail if for the same price, you get both ps3 and vita version of the game.

Foffy

Banned
Is it weird that I'm disappointed? I worry this will be Sony's approach for a while with Vita. I didn't buy one for portable PS3 games. Cool for those who like double dipping and transferring games from the TV to something on the go, of course, but that's not my cup of tea.

Twinduct

Nice! lol Earlier today I got a free version of the HD collection (reward points at retailer).
So this is kinda coincidental! Yay.

Btw how's the HD collection? Never played sly before, but always looked interesting.

Suzzopher

US Blog:
and I can now confirm that Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will be shipping this fall on BOTH the PS3 and the PS Vita, on the same day

EU Blog:
SO that being said I can now announce that Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will be available soon on BOTH the PlayStation 3 and the PlayStation Vita!

Yeah, we're not getting them the same day in Europe then :(

What's so tough to understand about this sentiment? You've got the best platformer of last year and a playstation platforming mascot on the Vita, certainly seems to qualify to fall within the 'platforming heaven' category.

So just two games (and one we still don't know whether it deserves or not, Sly series is surely not the top-notch of the genre, though quite entertaining) are enough to qualify PSVita as a platform heaven?

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Greg Miller at IGN said that the vita version runs at 30 fps compared to the console's 60fps. However he went on to say that didn't matter much as he felt the game is more fun and fits the vita better.

Edit:
So just two games (and one we still don't know whether it deserves or not, Sly series is surely not the top-notch of the genre, though quite entertaining) are enough to qualify PSVita as a platform heaven?

Don't forget about Mutant Blob, and we're also getting Sound Shapes soon as well.

orioto

Good Art™

People tends to not really realize what's the point and the appeal in portable gaming....
That's whay i believe PS3/Vita games should be more done, especially for psn games.

A same game can seem not really legitimate or at least necessary on PS3, and really attractive on a portable console. Cause the fact that it's portable is special. I was using Daytona USA as example some time ago. Playing an early 90' racer game on PS3 seems not that fascinating, compared to what you have on the console. But playing it on a portable console is actually something never seen before. It's not like a can play Saturn or Model 2 on the go when i want.

Anyway i think one of the things hurting Vita is that people those days act like playing a game on a portable and a PS3 is the same. A game can have a different appeal, and an individual appeal on Vita, even if there is a PS3 version.

Mario007

US Blog:

EU Blog:

Yeah, we're not getting them the same day in Europe then :(

EU PS2 classics were also coming 'soon' for the like six months, so I wouldn't read much into it.

The poster alluded to handheld platforming heaven and as I've said these two games certainly seem to go a long way to justify that statement. Also you've got Sound Shapes, Mutant Blob and LBP. That certainly provides for a very high caliber portable platforming.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Greg Miller at IGN said that the vita version runs at 30 fps compared to the console's 60fps. However he went on to say that didn't matter much as he felt the game is more fun and fits the vita better.

Edit:

Don't forget about Mutant Blob, and we're also getting Sound Shapes soon as well.

Anyway i think one of the things hurting Vita is that people those days act like playing a game on a portable and a PS3 is the same. A game can have a different appeal, and an individual appeal on Vita, even if there is a PS3 version.

True. But I do believe that many potential buyers already have a PS3 and thereform multi-platform titles such as Sly or LBP Karting might not be enough to incentivize such an expensive purchase, given the fact that, anyway, they will be available on PS3.

The poster alluded to handheld platforming heaven and as I've said these two games certainly seem to go a long way to justify that statement. Also you've got Sound Shapes, Mutant Blob and LBP. That certainly provides for a very high caliber portable platforming.

I was just asking.
I really love platform, and to me, platform heaven is surely a good thing.
But I don't see that on PSVita. Given Nintendo history in the genre, and third parties effort such as Epic Mickey and WayForward / Reneage Kid's games, I'd say the definition is more appropriate to 3DS. This doesn't mean PSVita won't have its platforms.

This looks.. AMAZING! I have somehow missed all the earlier Sly-games so definitely picking this up.

Dude, I never played the previous Sly games either, but I picked up the HD-collection out now and just finished the 1st one last night. It's pretty good fun. Not really challenging or a time grinder but definitely a nice change of pace, especially after my 4 month ordeal of getting the platinum in Batman: AA :p

Pick that up, it's only 20 euro or something for 3 games. Well worth it.

Top Bottom