• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smaller Switch Games announcements & Updated Switch Games Chart

AzaK

What percentage of these games are coming to other platforms, or already out on other platforms? That's the big question.

What percentage of these games are coming to other platforms, or already out on other platforms? That's the big question.

Is it really? The majority of PS4 releases, etc. Are coming to PC or Xbox anyway. The title isn't "exclusives" it's just smaller games.

Skeletos311

Metal Slug 3, Shock Troopers, and KOF98 are part of Arcade Archives, so they're just padding the list here.

Bloodstained is probably going to be cancelled for Wii U and moved to Switch. That's 2018 and not confirmed yet, though, this logo picture probably won't be a thing then.

Nagoshi's game should be represented with Super Monkey Ball?/Yakuza?/F-Zero?

Hazu

It makes me laugh when haters say the Switch won't have any games. There are already over 20 titles I want to buy, and most of them will probably be released by the end of the year. It's gonna be such an amazing console!

1486340248-switch.jpg

It makes me laugh when haters say the Switch won't have any games. There are already over 20 titles I want to buy, and most of them will probably be released by the end of the year. It's gonna be such an amazing console!

1486340248-switch.jpg

I agree with the 2017 list but so far for me there haven't been any games I'm really interested in for 2018. Of course I don't worry, they'll eventually come, but still...

1486340248-switch.jpg
I'm that plus Puyo Puyo Tetris, Sonic Mania, Sonic 17, World of Goo, Cave Story, Skyrim, Disgaea 5, Snake Pass and Ultra Street Fighter 2. Maybe even a few more like Rayman Legends depending on what the "definitive edition" entails.

TDLink

I agree with the 2017 list but so far for me there haven't been any games I'm really interested in for 2018. Of course I don't worry, they'll eventually come, but still...

The 2018 games will be announced at E3 and later in the year. Why would they be talking about a ton of 2018 games now, in the first few months of 2017, before the system is even out? It's honestly weird we even know any 2018 games yet.

Rime was announced for PS4 right? and it still hasn't released? It looked great when it was unveiled.

Yeah it's coming out on everything in May.

The 2018 games will be announced at E3 and later in the year. Why would they be talking about a ton of 2018 games now, in the first few months of 2017, before the system is even out? It's honestly weird we even know any 2018 games yet.

Yeah it's coming out on everything in May.

Yeah, you're right.

Eolz

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Nintendo is waiting for E3 before even talking about 2018 projects. NMH and Fire Emblem were something that were a good occasion.

Mithos

1486340248-switch.jpg

When I own a Switch I might buy Indie titles, but Indie titles won't make me buy a Switch, for me there are not enough AAA games (both 1st and 3rd party) to want me to cough up €390 for a Switch.

Dremorak

Banned
I dunno, something about factoring that into the price when saying "it has games I want, but not enough to pay for it plus one game" sounds weird. I know everyone will be buying a game with it, but saying thats the price of the console is a bit of a stretch.

Dremorak

Banned
I guess a combination of Europe -> Scandinavia & the official distributor Bergsala.

No €390 is Switch and Switch alone, then the cost for games on top of that.

Ah right. Yeah in NZ its the equivalent of 373.43 Euro at the moment :S But I know that I would buy one eventually, and I need Zelda to look and run the best it can. And portable. :D So for me I just had to bite the bullet.

_PsiFire_

...but games don't count if they're available on other systems.

Ultimate Chicken Horse would be a great Switch game, believe it was meant to release on Wii U.

They actually commented on the switch Reddit that they got a package that would make people asking for the switch version happy. Still not ready to confirm though.

AzaK

Is it really? The majority of PS4 releases, etc. Are coming to PC or Xbox anyway. The title isn't "exclusives" it's just smaller games.

The point being, if most/all of these are already coming to other consoles, the necessity to buy a Switch is lessened. The Switch has portability which I'm not sure is that much of a pull for most gamers, and Nintendo's exclusives which are looking very few and far between again.

Sure if you're getting a switch and only have that it's great to see the indies on there but not as a selling point I don't think.

brad-t

...but games don't count if they're available on other systems.

Why not? The portability is a legitimate part of the Switch's value proposition, and it adds value to the titles that appear on it as well. Having games like Stardew Valley on a portable definitely makes the console more appealing to me, personally.

The point being, if most/all of these are already coming to other consoles, the necessity to buy a Switch is lessened. The Switch has portability which I'm not sure is that much of a pull for most gamers, and Nintendo's exclusives which are looking very few and far between again.

Sure if you're getting a switch and only have that it's great to see the indies on there but not as a selling point I don't think.

The "without Zelda should I buy a switch" thread is over here

sfried

That hasn't stopped anyone from doing double or even triple dips. Skyrim on-the-go still sounds like a great proposition and while many other titles have also appeared on Steam, just the whole aspect of having a dedicated unit for games that not only is portable, but also feasable for brinigng local multi anywhere/being able to share the experience in-person definitely gives it a much more solid hook.

Imagine all those 3rd party titles that have their local co-op modes underutilized. The Switch is bringing local LAN multi back into the foray.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Legitimately, in people's experience, does it make a difference to smaller devs if you tweet at them showing interest in certain systems? There are a lot of indie titles I'd love to see on the Switch, but obviously there is a fine line between displaying interest in a Switch version and Port Begging.

Niwa

Does anyone know a definitve release date for Binding Of Isaac in Europe/UK? If not I might have to create a US Nintendo Account for purchases, this would seal the deal.

K' Dash

I'm buying most multiplatform games for Switch, having all those games on the go will be my dream come true.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
the necessity to buy a Switch is lessened. The Switch has portability which I'm not sure is that much of a pull for most gamers, Nintendo's exclusives are looking very few and far between again.
Just back and already doing this...

At least talk for yourself, "most gamers" is only a thing in your imagination/crusade at this stage. Between 3DS and Vita there are 80 million handheld owners, more than XBox One + PS4 userbases. And Switch offers console games on the go with proper controllers for the 1st time. I don't get what's not to like for gamers.

Rambone

Does anybody know if the Story of Seasons game is going to be Trio of Towns or a new game altogether?

Honestly hope it will be a brand new title and not a port of the new Trio of Towns coming out here at the end of the month on 3DS.

Eolz

Uh...I have no idea why you're struggling with that sentence, but you are.

What does "there's no actual games coming out" means exactly?
Can't be indies, since they're games. Nobody said that for the PS4/X1, so doubt it's about ports or not many exclusives either...

Clefargle

The vita was an indie machine too.

The GameCube was a home console with plenty of 3rd party support, just like the PS4. Didn't make it a commercial success. Having indie support and having 3rd parties are never indicative of commercial success alone. And you only addressed one of my points, the other, that it has "no games" is clearly wrong on its face.

routerbad

Banned
Yeah you're right they didn't specify.

Well t wasn't gamefreak it was the CEO of The Pokemon Company. I'm not sure what other franchises they could possibly be talking about.

People really are resistant to believe that mainline Pokémon on games are coming to this thing.

1486340248-switch.jpg

Agreed. The lineup isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be after the Switch presentation. I want more games on this list than I did on the Wii U in its first couple years.

Not for me - I'd rather play nearly all indies on a nice portable than my PC.

Yeah, same.
I usually go for the pc version of indies and third party games... as that's pretty much why I even have a pc, but the ability to have this either on the tv or portable all on one system is a real game changer for me.

Top Bottom