• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. Brawl 'Spoiler' thread. -- Denial phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgnodoD

Scribble said:
Who is that next to Pikachu on the screen with Lucario and Ness? It's REALLY been bugging me.

It looks like Mallow. =P

Jigglypuff. that's PT, not Ness. Ness was with Lucas on a different one.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Grecco said:
Kirbys Cellphone says "Slash"

Kirby/Deede dont use swords dont you need Swords to "slash"

Silly i know but were putting to much emphasis on the word magic anyways
It says Slash Resistance.

Scribble

OgnodoD said:
Jigglypuff. that's PT, not Ness. Ness was with Lucas on a different one.

No, Jigglypuff is at the end, beside Lucario. I'm talking about that little cream thing with the pink on its head.

NewLib

Banned
I have a theory. If its true that this game is going to get 3+ Star Fox Characters, I wonder if Nintendo is trying to relaunch the franchise. Its the largest franchise which has not had a game even mentioned by Nintendo for the Wii. They did a similar thing with Fire Emblem and SSBM. I think it be the perfect way to help push Star Fox as the other major late 2008 release along with Animal Crossing, especially if Nintendo is developing the new one themselves.

Grecco said:
Kirbys Cellphone says "Slash"

Kirby/Deede dont use swords dont you need Swords to "slash"

Silly i know but were putting to much emphasis on the word magic anyways
Kirby has a cutter.

Also, it says Resistance.

NewLib said:
I have a theory. If its true that this game is going to get 3+ Star Fox Characters, I wonder if Nintendo is trying to relaunch the franchise. Its the largest franchise which has not had a game even mentioned by Nintendo for the Wii. They did a similar thing with Fire Emblem and SSBM. I think it be the perfect way to help push Star Fox as the other major late 2008 release along with Animal Crossing, especially if Nintendo is developing the new one themselves.

That would make me very, very, very happy.

PkunkFury

NewLib said:

this is a very nice theory. Eases the pain a bit. We still don't know what Nintendo are launching this winter. Hopefully Star Fox stays in house

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
NewLib said:
Or maybe Sakurai just likes Star Fox.

Christopher

Why should MarkMan revel anymore information - he gets no insentive for being right other than pat on the back, but if he's wrong he's got everything against him.

NewLib said:
But I thought Nintendo was already working on a new Star Fox Wii game.

So, moving back to the spoilers: How many people here really consider Jigglypuff's return a spoiler? I can maybe see Ness, even though I was certain he would return, and certainly Lucario, but did people really think the 'puff would get cut?

Grecco

Keru_Shiri said:
So, moving back to the spoilers: How many people here really consider Jigglypuff's return a spoiler? I can maybe see Ness, even though I was certain he would return, and certainly Lucario, but did people really think the 'puff would get cut?

Yes? I thought nobody liked him. (Remembers the Jiggly scence in the Smash Kingdon Flash Video)

I thought her getting cut was a possiblity, but didn't see it happening. Is Purin/Jigglypuff still a popular character in Japan like Pikachu is though?

Grecco said:
Yes? I thought nobody liked him. (Remembers the Jiggly scence in the Smash Kingdon Flash Video)

There is a reason he's called Jiggly. :D

And, no, I never thought Jiggly was cut. she's always been there always will be (Yes, I know I wrote two genders). Just something I take for granted.

Keru_Shiri said:
I can't believe that Mewtwo might get cut and not jigglypuff

It seemed to me that the originals from 64 were a shoe-in. Ness was the only one I thought might've been dropped, but I'll say, I'll be shocked is Luigi or C.Falcon is dropped.

Dark Ninja said:

I can't believe that more people aren't talking about the fact that it has now been implied that Luigi might not be a playable character in this game.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Christopher said:
Why should MarkMan revel anymore information - he gets no insentive for being right other than pat on the back, but if he's wrong he's got everything against him.
I'm not sure why he or Reno are revealing anything my-self, as creditable as they are all they're getting for it is a bunch of angry fanboys telling them they're lying because someone they wanted playable isn't.

Firestorm

Christopher said:

Hear that sp0rsk? Give MarkMan a tag.

Rindain

Banned
What if it turns out MarkMan and Reno are just trying to pulll a big prank on the somewhat obsessive Smash community?

Dark Ninja said:
This one shocked me as well. I figured Mewtwo would return on the basis of A)having a unique moveset and B) being a villain. I don't keep up with the Pokemon show, but I'm pretty sure Lucario is not a villain.

Scribble

BuddhaRockstar said:
I can't believe that more people aren't talking about the fact that it has now been implied that Luigi might not be a playable character in this game.

Oh, don't worry. Luigi is returning.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Luigi is not going to get cut. Are you kidding me? He's Luigi. I can't think of anything else to say but that. He's Mr. Player Two. He's going to be in.

I mean...he's fricking Luigi.

Rindain said:
What if it turns out MarkMan and Reno are just trying to pulll a big prank on the somewhat obsessive Smash community?
:lol :lol
This thought crossed my mind as well. I'm still not 100% convinced, but it seems everyone else is.

Firestorm

Rindain said:

Then they're both permabanned from NeoGAF and considering their post history, I don't think it's something either of them want.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
If reno is revealing any information, it's because either:

A. Someone said "go hog wild"
B. He's just fucking with people.

A lot more rides on his shoulders than Markman's. He's a good friend of mine, I doubt he's lying!

Keru_Shiri said:
I don't see how anything at all concerning Smash could be considered a spoiler. These aren't super special secret characters so much as characters you have to unlock. Was knowing Mewtwo was in Melee a spoiler? I would have said no.

Rindain said:
yeah man, it sounds like a movie plot... tekken and vf players combine to destroy the smash community with a fake roster...

come on now

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Iam Canadian said:
Luigi is not going to get cut. Are you kidding me? He's Luigi. I can't think of anything else to say but that. He's Mr. Player Two. He's going to be in.

YES. I'm seriously going to make pasta sauce of Sakurai if Luigi gets cut.

Iam Canadian said:

Duh. I mean come on... he is in. He has to be.

You know, if Brawl was actually going to make its original Japanese date, we would know the roster by now.

Why?

Game gets sold in Hong Kong early, games get ripped, burned, played on mod chip Wiis.

Of course, with the recent release of a decrypter, people can actually see the files of the Wii ISOs. Now people intend to look into the file listings and figure out what's literally in the game.

The Faceless Master said:
yeah man, it sounds like a movie plot... tekken and vf players combine to destroy the smash community with a fake roster...

come on now
Well, bigger internet pranks have been pulled. Hell, if done properly, I must admit, it probably would be quite easy to prank a vast majority of the smash community.

batbeg

The Interrobanger said:
Not to mention the game is called Smash Bros....

Seriously people, come on.

:lol This is where Sakurai reads this post and says "OH FUCK!"

Brawl delayed another month because The Interrobanger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom