• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. Brawl 'Spoiler' thread. -- Denial phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Golden Darkness said:
You know, if Brawl was actually going to make its original Japanese date, we would know the roster by now.

Why?

Game gets sold in Hong Kong early, games get ripped, burned, played on mod chip Wiis.

Of course, with the recent release of a decrypter, people can actually see the files of the Wii ISOs. Now people intend to look into the file listings and figure out what's literally in the game.
Or just beat it?

Scribble

Keru_Shiri said:
Well, bigger internet pranks have been pulled. Hell, if done properly, I must admit, it probably would be quite easy to prank a vast majority of the smash community.

Heh, it would be very easy :lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
JohnTinker said:
Or just beat it?

No matter how exactly you do it it would take at least 6 hours to get all the characters in Melee.

You'd have to:

Play 4 player for 5 hours.
Beat adventure/classic mode a ton.
Fight some wireframes for quite awhile.
Do most of the events.

Firestorm

Gully State said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8W19ljhK7E

Wasn't Luigi already confirmed at E for All? Unless this guy is talking out of his ass...

Talking out of his ass.

Guess people don't realize this, but a lot of the "nintendo reps" at these types of things might just be outsourced to external marketing companies like they are in Canada. This is the company that does Nintendo tours and stuff in Canada:
http://www.inventaworld.com/

PkunkFury

Golden Darkness said:
Just also realized, wouldn't David Hayter's(Solid Snake's VA) interview be the first hint of Jigglypuff then?

yup, he must've done a great codec conversation about that one

Man God said:
No matter how exactly you do it it would take at least 6 hours to get all the characters in Melee.

You'd have to:

Play 4 player for 5 hours.
Beat adventure/classic mode a ton.
Fight some wireframes for quite awhile.
Do most of the events.
Longer, actually. I think Mewtwo required 20 hours of in game time, and G+W only appeared after every other character showed up.

The dude could only name 3 Nintendo characters off the top of his head and 2 of them were on the screen behind him. I wouldn't take anything he said seriously.

So it seems to come down to this: If we are to believe everything posted thus far, there is one character slot open.

Luigi has not been confirmed in this thread yet.

There is a picture of an Animal Crossing Sticker with part cut out that some people believe to imply means there is an AC character.

So what now?

PkunkFury

BuddhaRockstar said:
So it seems to come down to this: If we are to believe everything posted thus far, there is one character slot open.

Luigi has not been confirmed in this thread yet.

There is a picture of an Animal Crossing Sticker with part cut out that some people believe to imply means there is an AC character.

So what now?

Luigi is in

end story.

Grecco

BuddhaRockstar said:

So what now?

Its not just a "sticker" Theres also you know the Smashville level. It would kind of be bizarre to have an actual level without a selectable representative in the game.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Grecco said:
Its not just a "sticker" Theres also you know the Smashville level. It would kind of be bizarre to have an actual level without a selectable representative in the game.

Uhhh, 41 stages, 35 characters.

sp0rsk said:
The amount of characters versus the amount of stages really shouldn't be taken into consideration due to the fact that there are multiple characters for some franchises, and there are multiple stages for franchises we know only have one representative (Metroid, e.g.).

sp0rsk said:

That logic fails because some charas could have multiple stages. But a better point would be that in SSBM Final Destination and one other stage had no character representation.

I wonder if any of these 41 stages are adventure mode exclusive like the Metal Mario stage in the original smash.

Iam Canadian said:
Luigi's not out of the game.

Remember: he's Luigi. He puts the Bros. in Super Mario Bros.

Yeah except every game has been named after Mario only since the 3rd one. :lol

If Luigi is cut, my faith in Nintendo is destroyed.

Firestorm

One of my friends was so sad to learn Doc probably wasn't in it. He figured at least Luigi would be in. Now what if Luigi isn't in :(

PkunkFury

Firestorm said:
One of my friends was so sad to learn Doc probably wasn't in it. He figured at least Luigi would be in. Now what if Luigi isn't in :(

if Reno listed all newcomers, that last spot belongs to Luigi, MewTwo, Doc, Pichu or Roy.

Take a guess who is getting it...

Keru_Shiri said:
This one shocked me as well. I figured Mewtwo would return on the basis of A)having a unique moveset and B) being a villain. I don't keep up with the Pokemon show, but I'm pretty sure Lucario is not a villain.
Mewtwo isn't a villian either.

Juwanna Peezadis said:
Mewtwo isn't a villian either.
Well, he teamed up with Bowser and Gannondorf in Melee, he was a villain in his movie, and he destroyed the lab on Cinnibar Isle after going berserk in the game. I mean, he ain't exactly a good guy.

Keru_Shiri said:
Well, he teamed up with Bowser and Gannondorf in Melee, he was a villain in his movie, and he destroyed the lab on Cinnibar Isle after going berserk in the game. I mean, he ain't exactly a good guy.
He's clearly just misunderstood. =(

As for the animated adaption, at the end of the movie, Mewtwo sees the error of his ways and repents. In the sequel, he's living peacefully with the clones and supposedly fighting crime in the city by night or something.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Keru_Shiri said:
Longer, actually. I think Mewtwo required 20 hours of in game time, and G+W only appeared after every other character showed up.

Gametime per human character. 5 hours times 4=20 hours.

Sakurai's note always said "periodically." The Update in the news always said "Daily." Nothing's changed, that part went down when the game was delayed.

Innotech

Banned
you guys are this games #1 buyerbase. dont you think Sakurai would take measures NOT to piss many of you off with changing the update period?

suaveric

bummer that they threw in Wolf and not a Mii character. How cool would it have been to play with yourself in Smash?

bummer number two that they also didn't have an AC character.. i could have lived without ROB

PkunkFury

suaveric said:
bummer that they threw in Wolf and not a Mii character. How cool would it have been to play with yourself in Smash?

bummer number two that they also didn't have an AC character.. i could have lived without ROB

yeah these two really sting. I can't believe there's no Mii or AC rep. I'm guessing someone at Nintnedo did not want either of these characters to be depicted violently. there's no way Sakurai didn't want them in, since he has a great sense of humor

Rindain

Banned
It strikes me as very, very odd that Sakurai would put Wolf in over Ridley, especially if they are keeping Falco. Ridley has been a villain in nearly every Metroid game since 1986. Metroid needs a representative other than Samus. Ridley ranked very highly on Sakurai's poll. Plus Ridley is an awesome space dragon.

I'm still holding out hope that MarkMan is wrong.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
PkunkFury said:
yeah these two really sting. I can't believe there's no Mii or AC rep. I'm guessing someone at Nintnedo did not want either of these characters to be depicted violently. there's no way Sakurai didn't want them in, since he has a great sense of humor
Man, they would both be terribly bland characters. Oh look, it's generic-guy-that-swings-around-tools.

PkunkFury

Zek said:
Man, they would both be terribly bland characters. Oh look, it's generic-guy-that-swings-around-tools.

swinging around tools is generic?? what fighting games you've played have characters that attack with a shovel and a fishing pole? because I'd love to pump some quarters into that arcade

Plus a fightable Mii would've been a great create-a-fighter. I looked forward to seeing some of the crazy stuff people create for the mii vote channel hitting the online battlefield. Would keep the character roster fresh for years. Really, they were two of the best choices, and I'm sure Sakurai knows it. I can only think that they weren't allowed to be hit with swords

Pai Pai Master said:
Yeah except every game has been named after Mario only since the 3rd one. :lol

If Luigi is cut, my faith in Nintendo is destroyed.
Did you forget about Super Mario World (SMB 4 in Japan) and New Super Mario Bros for the DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom