• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. Brawl 'Spoiler' thread. -- Denial phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
KevinCow said:
I really wonder how the hell ROB is going to work if he's really in. I guess they could give him wheels or something to move around, but how could he attack? How could he grab? What could his special moves possibly be?

I look forward to seeing this if it's real.

Sakurai gave Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, and G&W movesets. Finding moves for ROB won't be a problem.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Son of Godzilla said:
Huffing and puffing trying to make it back to the stage only to be one jump too short and fall to it's death is the distilled essence of Dan.

Pound keeps you in air basically forever.

Pichu on the other hand damages himself using his only good moves, the majority of which are super short range...

Spectacular taunt though.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I think we have a lot to be excited about with this roster. Anyone who is upset over the mere fact that we're going to get 35 characters instead of 40-50... well... you should have seen it coming. :p Anything over 35 was never a very realistic prediction.

Besides TECHNICALLY we have 39 characters if you add ZSS, PT being three pokemon (+2 after counting PT as one) and count Sheik as separate. :)

ALSO keep in mind that we're probably looking at NO CLONES this time! (I'm assuming, could be wrong about this) When you consider that Melee's roster is only 19 CHARS without clones, 35 looks like a really big number IMO.

The only aspect of all of this that I'm disappointed about is no Ridley or Megaman. :( But Olimar, R.O.B., and the return of Marth almost make up for it methinks.

BTW I find Wolf to be the strangest character selection in the entire roster... he just seems to redundant so Fox and Falco. Will be interesting to see how he is implemented

pulga

Banned
MrCheez said:
The only aspect of all of this that I'm disappointed about is no Ridley or Megaman. :( But Olimar, R.O.B., and the return of Marth make up for it methinks!

No they don't, not by a long fucking mile =(

img_3.jpg

whoakay this joke is going to last forever with my friends :lol

MrCheez

pulga said:
No they don't, not by a long fucking mile =(

I'm trying to be optimistic :( But yeah you're right :lol Megaman and Ridley were my most wanted :/

Oh well, I still think there are still plenty of characters in this roster to be really excited about

NeonZ

I'm kind of disappointed by that list. Not specifically by any one character choice, but the design behind it. Smash Bros is a fanservice game, a quality one, but still one, so I'm not really happy at seeing cut characters, if the 35 lists turns out to be true.

This game follows no chronology or anything, and the mechanics don't seem to be completely different from the earlier games, so why are many characters getting cut?

If the list turns out true, it apparently seems that they're eliminating clones too, and, while I can understand some of the reasons for that (a more unique and focused roster), it's pointless considering how it's hurting the chances of franchise representation.

MrCheez said:
I'm trying to be optimistic :( But yeah you're right :lol Megaman and Ridley were my most wanted :/

Oh well, I still think there are still plenty of characters in this roster to be really excited about

That idea of MM vs Snake, Sonic and Mario match can't happen now...

MrCheez

I just realized that if WW Link is in the game... that means we are going to get a TOTALLY FUCK-AWESOME (cel shaded?) Wind Waker stage :O :O :O :O

PkunkFury

MrCheez said:
I just realized that if WW Link is in the game... that means we are going to get a TOTALLY FUCK-AWESOME (cel shaded?) Wind Waker stage :O :O :O :O

not necessarily,

it could just be a boat

on a loooong blue ocean

MrCheez said:

if they were awesome, they would do a dragon roost island stage just for he music.

I'm taking all of this with a grain of salt. I find it hard to believe that WW Link is going to make an appearance considering his move set would likely be very similar to TP Link. I welcome Lucario, Ness, and Jigglypuff, if true.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I just viewed the video on wii.co.jp -- and I saw the Ness face on the sticker page. I paused it at the right time, I suppose... but the images are still there.

NTom64

HOLY SHIT I JUST WOKE AND SAW THIS A NEWCOMER AND 2 VETERANS WTF IS GOIN' ONNNNNNNN

/caps

Seriously though, wow :D

If Mewtwo is out...I hope they make him into a badass SSE boss.

PkunkFury

NTom64 said:
HOLY SHIT I JUST WOKE AND SAW THIS A NEWCOMER AND 2 VETERANS WTF IS GOIN' ONNNNNNNN

/caps

Seriously though, wow :D

If Mewtwo is out...I hope they make him into a badass SSE boss.

if you want to know the rest, keep reading the thread...

Darkpen

Banned
....I'm just seriously wishing there's going to be some kind of S-E characters representin' in the game :/

Lucario will probably play like Falco but without lasers, I think.

RagnarokX

MrCheez said:
ALSO keep in mind that we're probably looking at NO CLONES this time! (I'm assuming, could be wrong about this) When you consider that Melee's roster is only 19 CHARS without clones, 35 looks like a really big number IMO.
You sure?
falco6.jpg

Teasel

so have you guys noticed that when they go over sonic sticker the only one that can equip them is sonic? guess that means there is no other sonic playable character

i really hope these rumor are false... only 3 other newcomer? no other 3rd party character? no crazy animal crossing villager? what about my dream of using it to beat ness/lucas/olimar with him? what about having other baddies,the black knight from fire emblem,k.roll,dr.kawashima (yes he's a bad guy)

the secret character should make you go "woah" and instead all we have are all the oldies from melee,a pokemon,the bad guy from starfox (don't have anything wrong with him though) and an old toy,heck at this point even the guys in the AT roster are more interessing,it would just be so lame

It also seems as though up to 5 reps per series can be in the game, if its Pokemon, adding Mewtwo would fill up that space.
In the Mario series, who can fill in the 5th rep?

NTom64

snack said:
Can we get a list of all the spoilers?

This thread is really hard to follow.

Agreed -_-

Only pictorial evidence I see of any new stuff is the Lucario, Jiggly and Ness icons :lol

Scribble

flipping_heck said:
It also seems as though up to 5 reps per series can be in the game, if its Pokemon, adding Mewtwo would fill up that space.
In the Mario series, who can fill in the 5th rep?

Geno or Bowser Jr.

Thinking about it, Star Fox series is the shodokan of Smash in tournament play so why not another character? Especially assuming Falco and Wolf are completely different. Ryu, Ken, and Akuma I guess.

Also, as sure as I was that Animal Crossing would get somebody playable, it suddenly makes sense to me that it is limited to a location cameo. It is such a departure in game play, the vibe of fishing, collecting, decorating, letter-writing just doesn't jive with fighting. I know, I know, Smash universe - but Nintendo probably considered the integrity of the AC universe more important in this instance. Or maybe Cherry-don just don't like that boring game?

and WW Link is all I needed. cel-shaded bomb blasts spewing plumes! YES!

MegaMan. Belmont. Jill or Leon, Wesker or Tyrant even. Robotnik. Slime Knight. Ridley. - oh well, maybe they'll have new DL characters in the future! :(

Guled

So there is only 1 characters left to be unveiled. Come on MarkMan and Reno, tell us, you already told us most of the roster. Also, are any of the characters clones?

Jenga

Banned
El Pescado said:
I'm slightly confused at the moment. Could someone please clear this up for me?

These characters are confirmed:
Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Pikmin & Olimar
Lucario
Ness
Jigglypuff

These characters are rumored:
Ganondorf
Luigi
Mr. Game & Watch
Captain Falcon
Falco
Marth
Wolf
Wind Waker Link
R.O.B.

Have I got this right? Just how certain are we of the rumored characters?
Most underwhelming roster evar

Scoop-Li

How could this game not have an Animal Crossing playable representative? It doesn't make sense at all. The game already has the leaf icon, at least one stage (Smashville), probably multiple musical tracks, at least one item (pitfall), at least one assist trophy (Mr. Resetti), multiple stickers and at least one normal trophy (Tom Nook with nephews). To have all that representation with no playable character seems wrong. A moveset involving a shovel, bug net, axe, fishing rod or tossing random furniture would be a given. Using the fishing rod to grab the ledge of a stage for instance wouldn't be hard to implement. A final smash with a summoning of a swarm of insects to devestate the stage or constructing a large fossilized dinosaur to wreak havoc would be sweet. Oh well, I'm skeptical...

Cowie

HotByCold said:
I'm making a bet right now:

Ban me for 2 weeks if both Markmans and Renos information is correct.

Two weeks? That's not a whole lot of confidence.

I'm willing to believe them as is, but weren't you supposed to be someone with inside information as well? A ban on an internet forum is serious business, so at least bet perma.

PkunkFury

HotByCold said:
I'm making a bet right now:

Ban me for 2 weeks if both Markmans and Renos information is correct.

uh-oh, what do you think is wrong? Is it the roster number? please say it is the roster number!!

snack said:
Can we get a list of all the spoilers?

This thread is really hard to follow.

Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Ness are pretty much the only spoilers than are 100% legit right now (because they came straight from the official Japanese Wii website).

Everything else is just more rumors from our NeoGAF 'prophets' MarkMan and Reno.

Apparently alot've people believe them because of their track records.

Personally, I won't believe them until they have hard evidence.

My money is still on Leon being a Solid Snake clone. I mean why wouldn't capcom want to do that it would in turn push sales of 2 games they have on the system. :D

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Still think Lucario is kinda pointless... keep in mind I never really got into the Pokemon series, is he that iconic that he deserves to be a character ahead of like an AC rep or another 3rd party character or Mike Fucking Jones???

djtiesto said:
Still think Lucario is kinda pointless... keep in mind I never really got into the Pokemon series, is he that iconic that he deserves to be a character ahead of like an AC rep or another 3rd party character or Mike Fucking Jones???
Assuming it's an either/or scenario is stupid.

A lot of people are saying that the roster (as rumoured) is underwhelming - why? Anyway, I'm almost certain that there is maybe a super secret character (or two) we don't know about. I mean, we are talking about Sakurai here.

[Nintex]

Scalpel Knight said:
A lot of people are saying that the roster (as rumoured) is underwhelming - why? Anyway, I'm almost certain that there is maybe a super secret character (or two) we don't know about. I mean, we are talking about Sakurai here.
We got Sonic, Olimar, Lucas and Solid Snake, what more could you wish for?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Scalpel Knight said:

Even if this list of 35 characters is the final list (which is great by the way), it's just because everyone is spoiled with the updates and early revealing of characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom