• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. Brawl 'Spoiler' thread. -- Denial phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firestorm said:
This is quite possibly the first moveset I've ever made for Brawl. Although I've gone over a Sonic & Tails combo moveset before in my head.

Young Link
B: Slingshot
up+B: Deku Leaf
side+B: Boomerang
down+B: Bombchu (works like bomb with different trajectory)
Grab: Grappling Hook
Final Smash: King of Red Lions or Fierce Diety Link or who cares

Regular smashes: SOMETHING THAT CAN KILL PLEASE

Let me give it a try :

B : Target Attack (jumps and hits as he lands ; chargeable move, sends a shockwave from the tip of the sword, the longer you hold B, the further it goes)
Down B : Spin Attack 'How do I stopped spinning' version, chargeable
Side B : Rolling Attack (that move where he rolls behind opponents and then slashes, from TWW ; can go through opponents if performed at point blank)
Side B,B : Helmet Split (hit B again as the Side B animation begins)
Up B : Gust Jar, similar to Fox's Up B
Glide (hold down in the air) : Deku Leaf
Grab : Grappling Hook

Final Smash : can't think of anything better than what you mentioned

How's that ?

Firestorm

All those seem like close range moves, and given Young Link's range issues, that spells instant doom =/

Also, making his up+b like Fox makes him worse! We need a YLink buff!

Firestorm

Formless said:
How about for Young Link's Final Smash he splits into 4...

That would be interesting.
It would have been better if it happened earlier so "TWILIGHT PRINCESS ZELDA NO SHEIK LOLZ" people could have eaten crow.
Although they're eating crow already so it doesn't matter :)

[Nintex]

Formless said:
ROB? ROB?!? ROOOB?!?!??!

I really hope that isn't true.
"Dear Sakurai

Can you please remove items and characters for the American and European(if any) release? How can Snake possibly fit in the Mario universe?
Why did you include ROB and items in the game?

I hate you!"

NTom64

For Wind Waker Link, how about this for a moveset...

B: Skull hammer (can be charged, generates a small shockwave on impact when full
charged)
Up + B: Deku Leaf
Left/Right + B: Wind Waker (Sends a guest of wind straight forward when released, but
you can control it for a short time, similar to Pit's arrows except without
any damage to enemies. Also chargable - the longer you charge it, the
longer the gust of wind lasts, and the higher the force of its knockback will
be.
Down and B: Parry - Roll around your opponent to attack from behind. However, it must
be timed correctly. If not used at the correct time, you will leave
yourself at a disadvantage, similar to cancelling Dedede's Up + B at
the wrong time.

All items and moves from Wind Waker :D

Scribble

Formless said:
How about for Young Link's Final Smash he splits into 4...

Yes. That would be absolutely PERFECT. And the three other clones would run around the stage behaving like level 2 fighters until the rest of the fighters K.O. them. That would be pretty unique.

Firestorm said:
That would be interesting.
It would have been better if it happened earlier so "TWILIGHT PRINCESS ZELDA NO SHEIK LOLZ" people could have eaten crow.
Although they're eating crow already so it doesn't matter :)

Hey, leave me out of that.

And the four swords idea is golden. I really hope they include that. It'd be really awesome if it was either a one-shot beat-down by all four, or if you gained control of four Y-Link's at once.

webrunner

[Nintex] said:
"Dear Sakurai

Can you please remove items and characters for the American and European(if any) release? How can Snake possibly fit in the Mario universe?
Why did you include ROB and items in the game?

I hate you!"

It's not the ROB part that makes people hate it, it's that ROB would be taking up a roster spot in what may be a very limited roster, and ROB is already in the game as something else already. It would be a bit unfair for ROB to be in there twice like that.... although I suppose one could say the same thing about Giga Bowser.

I still think a full-level wind (controllable with the stick) would be a great final smash. No actual damage, but with lots of chance of dying.

Formless

Scribble said:
Yes. That would be absolutely PERFECT. And the three other clones would run around the stage behaving like level 2 fighters until the rest of the fighters K.O. them. That would be pretty unique.
I was thinking just mirror images (They all line up as 4, and follow your movements exactly) but that sounds pretty good, besides the level 2 thing.

[Nintex]

webrunner said:
It's not the ROB part that makes people hate it, it's that ROB would be taking up a roster spot in what may be a very limited roster, and ROB is already in the game as something else already. It would be a bit unfair for ROB to be in there twice like that.... although I suppose one could say the same thing about Giga Bowser.

I still think a full-level wind (controllable with the stick) would be a great final smash. No actual damage, but with lots of chance of dying.
How is 35 different characters limited?
That's at least ten more than Smash Bros. Melee and alot more than your average fighter game??!

Scribble

Formless said:
I was thinking just mirror images (They all line up as 4, and follow your movements exactly) but that sounds pretty good, besides the level 2 thing.

I thought about that too. Actually, that would probably be more interesting, especially when shooting projectiles =D

webrunner

They should all have different AIs

- one should just go around gathering items as fast as he can and not fight
- one should walk in the opposite direction of everyone trying to get everyone to go his way
- and one should continually use the fire wand on the other links.

Scoop-Li

I think including R.O.B. just doesn't make sense. It's already involved (in lower poly form) in the Subspace Emissary. I highly doubt they would use its Star Fox form, so having a playable, more detailed, higher poly form plus a non-playable, lower poly, less detailed form in the Subspace Emissary contrasts too much. Plus, there's the issue of the 2 remaining icons. One, obviously, is Game & Watch's icon. What would the last icon be? R.O.B. isn't associated with any icon. If they decide to use the R.O.B. Star Fox form, then it would have the Star Fox icon, not a new icon.

Scoop-Li said:
I think including R.O.B. just doesn't make sense. It's already involved (in lower poly form) in the Subspace Emissary. I highly doubt they would use its Star Fox form, so having a playable, more detailed, higher poly form plus a non-playable, lower poly, less detailed form in the Subspace Emissary contrasts too much. Plus, there's the issue of the 2 remaining icons. One, obviously, is Game & Watch's icon. What would the last icon be? R.O.B. isn't associated with any icon. If they decide to use the R.O.B. Star Fox form, then it would have the Star Fox icon, not a new icon.

Maybe it'll just be R.O.B.'s head?

Look at Ice Climber - how many things fall under that icon?

I could see a Gyromite stage, Professor Hector AT, etc.

Scribble

Scoop-Li said:
I think including R.O.B. just doesn't make sense. It's already involved (in lower poly form) in the Subspace Emissary.

When you say "lower poly form", do you mean that the model is lower quality? I'm not good at analysing this kind of thing at all, but doesn't R.O.B look higher quality than all the Assist Trophies?

modea06_070919h-l.jpg

webrunner

If Rob was planned, I would have thought they wouldnt have had a DS icon, instead they would have come up with a "nintendo hardware" icon (a Dpad perhaps) and use that for both the Pictochat Stage and ROB.

Cowie

If it's indeed the Starfox rob.. that's a hilarious slap in the face to krystal fans.

And the gaf drama surrounding this game is getting great. As it stands, at least one person will get permabanned within the next couple weeks for this game.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
You know what I think? That they saw the initial Character select screen that included 35 initial characters(The one that the guy with the same roster from GameFaqs somewhat confirms this).

Then the "13 secret characters" fits in right with the other rumored number, 48.

Now that would be nice.

ant1532

Banned
I'm thinking if they really are right about R.O.B that he isn't a selectable character but you can control him sometime in the story mode or something.

Cowie said:
If it's indeed the Starfox rob.. that's a hilarious slap in the face to krystal fans.

And the gaf drama surrounding this game is getting great. As it stands, at least one person will get permabanned within the next couple weeks for this game.

I imagine the bannings will get really good around the day of the Japanese release.

webrunner

ggnoobIGN said:
You know what I think? That they saw the initial Character select screen that included 35 initial characters(The one that the guy with the same roster from GameFaqs somewhat confirms this).

Then the "13 secret characters" fits in right with the other rumored number, 48.

Now that would be nice.

That would make a lot of sense except the 48 characters's source was totally debunked

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
It's also possible that the build that Reno/MarkMan played didn't have all of the secret characters, as ggnoobIGN pointed out.

My point is that if Nintendo doesn't want something to be leaked, then it won't be leaked until Nintendo wants us to know it. Uh, except for Ness, Jigglypuff, and Lucario.

KevinCow

Banned
webrunner said:
They should all have different AIs

- one should just go around gathering items as fast as he can and not fight
- one should walk in the opposite direction of everyone trying to get everyone to go his way
- and one should continually use the fire wand on the other links.
YES! :lol

ggnoobIGN

Banned
PkunkFury said:
what select screen is this?
The one that the GameFaqs leaker posted in detail(Number of chars per row, etc.). It included all of the characters that the Gaf leakers have said, along with 5 other returnees(Luigi, Falco, etc.)

As for the 48 thing being debunked, can someone tell me how it was debunked? Smashboards still has some faith in it, and they usually know what they are talking about.

Scribble

Iam Canadian said:
It's also possible that the build that Reno/MarkMan played didn't have all of the secret characters, as ggnoobIGN pointed out.

My point is that if Nintendo doesn't want something to be leaked, then it won't be leaked until Nintendo wants us to know it. Uh, except for Ness, Jigglypuff, and Lucario.

That's a possibility, as well. We don't know how they know about the roster, and in what form they learned about it.

OK, it sounds like I'm grasping at straws, but it's still possible =X

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
ggnoobIGN said:
The one that the GameFaqs leaker posted in detail(Number of chars per row, etc.). It included all of the characters that the Gaf leakers have said, along with 5 other returnees(Luigi, Falco, etc.)

As for the 48 thing being debunked, can someone tell me how it was debunked? Smashboards still has some faith in it, and they usually know what they are talking about.
No, they're idiots. The 48 character thing is from a "Japanese newspaper" which is really just text on a piece of printed paper.

webrunner

ggnoobIGN said:

The "48 character" article was
a) looking like it wasn't printed on newsprint
b) had a lot of space around it
c) was written horizontally right to left
d) apparently part of it was copied from the Japanese wikipedia entry.

If there's another 48 character source I haven't heard it.

PkunkFury

ggnoobIGN said:

:lol

that was printed off of Wikipedia

and the guy who printed it left one of the source links in the text even! It's the [6] in the sentence about Mother 3 not coming out on the N64

Japanese newspapers have verticle text and cram it everywhere. Thei is one of many proofs that SmashBoards has no idea what is going on. They don't want to know what is in the game, they want to know that what they want is in the game

[Nintex]

Zek said:
No, they're idiots. The 48 character thing is from a "Japanese newspaper" which is really just text on a piece of printed paper.
A piece of Japanese text from the Smash Bros. Wikipedia entry printed on a piece of paper to be precise :lol

Someone from this board pointed that out I think.

Jiggy

With all the permabans riding on the line, this has somehow become the second best thread ever very, very quickly.

Jenga

Banned
You all should place ban bets! I say the bans should last from the time the official roster is verified until the NA release of brawl. Who wants a go at it?

Insaniac

I am trying to avoid spoilers as I post this, but what does "Understatement of the year" refer to, the thread or the game?

plagiarize said:
you ordered it online with 3 day delivery didn't you?

No, this is a real boycott. I refuse to be included in day 1 sales numbers if Roy is out.

I like walking into a store and feeling the sexy new box.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Insaniac said:
I am trying to avoid spoilers as I post this, but what does "Understatement of the year" refer to, the thread or the game?
Probabaly the thread. Truth be told, there is too much mind blowing stuff here though. I would say just read the 3rd post in this thread and you know pretty much everything.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
It seems like every smash-related forum on the internet is FREAKING out about the 35 characters thing.

Here is some guy from smash boards as an example:

48 characters = Nintendo making the first game that can last more than 5 minutes on the Wii.
35 characters = Yet another reason to leave Nintendo.

I just don't get it.. anything about 35 characters was NEVER a very realistic estimate! 35 is a lot... it's almost 40 people ! Jeez..

The only thing I can understand being upset about is the lack of Megaman and Ridley :( But I think we are still going to have a ton of fun with this roster. The plain and simple fact is people were spoiled by all the surprises on the Dojo... when they get their hands on awesome additions to the franchise like Snake, Sonic, Olimar, etc etc I'm sure they will be satisfied

HotByCold

Banned
jamesinclair said:
No, this is a real boycott. I refuse to be included in day 1 sales numbers if Roy is out.

I like walking into a store and feeling the sexy new box.
I'm sorry but Roy is cut...

OR IS HE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom