• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. WiiU Gamecube Controller / Adapter Bundle Box Revealed

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I hope this thing can be used on Gamecube loaders like Devolution, etc.

I would move my ripped Gamecube games over from my Wii to Wii U... but using classic controllers just feels so inauthentic.

Edit:

Boxart looks great. If I was getting it physically at first I would go for this. I have a Wavebird but play Wii Remote and Nunchuk in Smash so I'm not getting the adapter separately

Personally I don't see a reason to go for this bundle as I already have 2 wavebirds.
If the game is $50 and the adapter another $20 then the GC controller is like $30 in the end.
It's not quite a bargain, is it?

The game's $60 so it's $10 in savings.

Has it been revealed whether or not the cord is longer on this controller? It's $10 more than the original GC controller.

$5 more, original was $25 and Wavebird was $35.

I hope this thing can be used on Gamecube loaders like Devolution, etc.

I would move my ripped Gamecube games over from my Wii to Wii U... but using classic controllers just feels so inauthentic.
Oh wow, that would be awesome. Maybe that or Nintendon't will be updated for adapter support?

Rich!

Oh wow, that would be awesome. Maybe that or Nintendon't will be updated for adapter support?

Well, yes...but Wii based homebrew can only access the back USB ports. You would have to use an SD card for storage rather than USB as this adapter uses two slots. But thats not really an issue at all.

You could also hook up the power line to the front usb I guess.

Either way, Nintendont already supports my Trio Linker Plus so I'm good either way. Been playing smash bros melee on my Wii U recently with both the Gamecube controller and wii U pro controller. Its amazing.

Well, yes...but Wii based homebrew can only access the back USB ports. You would have to use an SD card for storage rather than USB as this adapter uses two slots. But thats not really an issue at all.

You could also hook up the power line to the front usb I guess.
I suspect the power is only needed when you have >2 controllers rumbling. N64 control deck has a similar limitation on it (you can easily make N64 rumble paks work without batteries but if you had more than a few controllers like that there is not enough power).

Has it been revealed whether or not the cord is longer on this controller? It's $10 more than the original GC controller.
I'm assuming/hoping that it'll be the same length as those white GC they released in Japan around the time Brawl came out. The length of those is perfect.

Persona7

Banned
I don't understand the comments about it being weird to see gamecube controllers in 2014 when Nintendo has been producing the white controllers for the wii for years.

Are the standalone controllers of adapter available for pre-order anywhere in Europe yet? I'm getting the game digitally but I've lost my Gamecube controllers to some alternate dimension and need to be ready for the Wii U Smash.

Dimentios

I don't need another GCC, since I already have six of them. Would be interested in a bundle without the controller for 70 bucks. believe

ffdgh

...I can't believe I'm preordering this.
KuGsj.gif

trixx

Wireless as in Classic Controller Pro?
Hori : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ND0E604/?tag=neogaf0e-20
PDP: http://www.game.co.uk/en/Super+Smash+Bros+Mario+Gamecube+Controller+For+Wii+U-304923
I feel bad for PDP as the Hori one looks a lot better.
What are these things? Do they work as classic controllers or are they just GC controllers. Are they good?

Wait it has zl so its a Wii u pro controller...

Edit:its a classic controller so it connects to the Wii remote?

Finalow

they still have to announce the release date, right? Lol.

I like this but I can't buy from amazon.com, need this shit on uk stores.

I hope Aamzon.de doesn't fuck up as badly as they did with Bayonetta 2's First Print Edition and Hyrule Warriors' Limited Edition.
They need to update their catalogue more quickly. I need to pre-order stuff like this! ;_;

There are 8 year olds that will be playing this game with a Gamecube controller that were born after the Gamecube was over. To them, this literally will just be the Smash Controller.

Think about that Gaf.
Feel old.

There are 8 year olds that will be playing this game with a Gamecube controller that were born after the Gamecube was over. To them, this literally will just be the Smash Controller.

Think about that Gaf.
Feel old.

8 year olds? But the game is rated E10+.

Plus, they probably didn't grow up with Nintendo. Would they even care about Smash?

Moofers

Does the pro controller for Wii u work with smash? If so, why would we want GameCube controllers? And if not, why the hell not?

braves01

Banned
Pre-ordered, because I know I'd just break down and buy all three things separately otherwise.

Does the pro controller for Wii u work with smash? If so, why would we want GameCube controllers? And if not, why the hell not?

I think it's primarily for competitive players, but I guess there's some nostalgic purpose at work too.

Can anyone confirm if the Wavebird is compatible with the adapter? I've had it since it came out and it's my favorite controller ever. lol

ampere

Cool. Looks like you save $10 over buying them separately

$60 game, $20 adapter, $30 controller

Because there are wired Gamecube controllers.

Wired > wireless in latency (though not noticeable to everyone).

And at a big tournament with tons of people you don't want to deal with potential wireless interference.

toa95

The Pro controller works but they are giving the option of GameCube controller for places that need a wired option like tournaments. Personalty I already have 3 GC controllers so I would rather buy this bundle then 3 more Pro controllers.

Chairhome

This reminds me to pre-order at Best Buy (GCU gets this for $80 :-D). I already have enough GC controllers, but this lets me snag an adapter, too.

Dr. Buni

Looks nice, but I am already buying the Mario Kart bundle this week. Don't really care about the GC controller.

ramparter

Banned
Personally I don't see a reason to go for this bundle as I already have 2 wavebirds.
If the game is $50 and the adapter another $20 then the GC controller is like $30 in the end.
It's not quite a bargain, is it?
Nintendont do bargains, also the controller is Smash designed.

Lunar15

This really is kind of surreal, to be honest. Celebrating a gamecube controller in 2014.

Don't get me wrong, I actually love this.

Top Bottom