• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. WiiU Gamecube Controller / Adapter Bundle Box Revealed

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Personally I don't see a reason to go for this bundle as I already have 2 wavebirds.
If the game is $50 and the adapter another $20 then the GC controller is like $30 in the end.
It's not quite a bargain, is it?

The game would be $60. A BRAND NEW controller would be $20,the adapter $20.

Sounds like a deal to me

zruben

Banned
A quick question here:

Those new gamecube controllers will work with an old GC or the gamecube ports of the Wii?

A quick question here:

Those new gamecube controllers will work with an old GC or the gamecube ports of the Wii?

lol, what a coup would it be if these controllers couldn't be used on GCN and vice versa.

I mean, it would stop people from tracking down cheap used controllers, so there's a monetary reason for Nintendo to do that

holy shit.

tsab

This does not emulate a Classic Controller - this straight up allows the Wii U to use Gamecube controllers, plus it has 4 ports, so it's clearly the better option.

I know, I already have GC and Wavebirds and I can now use them for more games than Smash4. Like VC,Wii games etc.

Vidiot

I still don't know if I want to get this or just the game and gcn adapter without the controller. The controller looks nice, but is wired and I'd rather use my wave bird.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I suppose the adapter works with the Wavebird receiver right? I already have a Wavebird, so just the adapter would be enough (+ no wire!).

That box looks sweet! I actually preordered it from Amazon a few weeks ago before the official box design came out... and I also preordered an additional controller... and a bunch of amiibo figures... Man, my Amazon card is gonna get hit hard that day.

Azuran

Banned
Wired? Are we back in 2002 again? I know why they did it, but some options would be nice. Not all of us play 1mm away from our TV.

I'm seriously thinking I'm going to pass because my TV and system are nowhere near where I sit.

Bullza2o

Man that box looks amazing!

Has it been revealed whether or not the cord is longer on this controller? It's $10 more than the original GC controller.

I didn't wait to see and just bought a Japanese White GCN controller from Amazon. $30 so same price and I just got it today!

Wired? Are we back in 2002 again? I know why they did it, but some options would be nice. Not all of us play 1mm away from our TV.

I'm seriously thinking I'm going to pass because my TV and system are nowhere near where I sit.

Then this probably isn't the device for you then.

daemonic

Banned
While this is awesome to see, it would have been even better if they sold it featuring an upgraded Wavebird with rumble.

Fiktion

Banned

You could use a Wavebird, or just use a Classic Controller or the Gamepad.

This is specifically for people who want wired controllers though.

emb

Yeah, that setup makes sense. Even though I sit directly in front of my TV, I'm not really sure what to do with the adapater/cord dangling from the Wii U on the shelf where it sits. Might need to rearrange.

But still maybe check out the adapter. Should work with the wireless GCN controllers (Wavebirds) if you can track them down. Would probably have to look on ebay or something, but they're pretty nice.

If that option doesn't sound good, the Wii U Pro controller is actually not that bad for Smash. As much as I hated the Wii's Classic Controller for it, the Pro feels surprisingly good. I tried it at the Best Buy demo, and I think that option works fine.

Azuran

Banned
You could use a Wavebird, or just use a Classic Controller or the Gamepad.

This is specifically for people who want wired controllers though.

The bundle is awesome and I would have got it Day 1 if I didn't already have like 5 wired controllers. A wireless bundle as well would have been nice that's all.

womp

Time to put my Wavebird out at the yard sale. ;P

14%2B-%2B2

Persona7

Banned
Has anyone tried that Hori gamecube controller? I have some of their older models and they are really good and I can use the new one on my wii as a pro controller.

npa189

My pre-order is locked and loaded and my wavebird is waiting for its glorious opportunity to destroy fools once again. I can't believe they are making cube controllers again just for one game. Sakurai must have really put the screws to Iwata/top brass to get this to happen.

Top Bottom