• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snake Pass |OT| Snake Had A Hard Life

Rear Window

Neo Member
I played it on Switch at GDC. Talked with the creator for a while. The game is really fun and it is a blast to explore around. I recommend it to everyone here.

Just a note - It is a lot harder than it looks. I was screwing around trying to climb to the top of things and kept falling. You have to balance yourself really well on whatever tree branches are available as you make your ascent. Do not rely on only one branch to hold you up!

The game itself plays really well. It's the first Unreal game to release on the Switch. There were no frame rate hiccups or anything. It was able to be ported really fast. No discernible difference between TV mode and portable mode.

J@hranimo

Banned
I played it on Switch at GDC. Talked with the creator for a while. The game is really fun and it is a blast to explore around. I recommend it to everyone here.

Just a note - It is a lot harder than it looks. I was screwing around trying to climb to the top of things and kept falling. You have to balance yourself really well on whatever tree branches are available as you make your ascent. Do not rely on only one branch to hold you up!

The game itself plays really well. It's the first Unreal game to release on the Switch. There were no frame rate hiccups or anything. It was able to be ported really fast.

Very nice to hear! How does it look while docked? Was it a nice, crisp image quality?

Malus

The game itself plays really well. It's the first Unreal game to release on the Switch. There were no frame rate hiccups or anything. It was able to be ported really fast. No discernible difference between TV mode and portable mode.

Good, hope to see more impressions like this.

The feeling that you are building a Switch backlog due to how big Zelda is... People who think Switch has no games have too much time to play.

I will pick up Snake Pass once I am done with Zelda. This looks amazing.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

this all sounds real dope

Cerium

FWIW, an earlier post in the thread says time trials aren't in the Switch version.

That single feature is missing from the eshop page. It might be an error, but if it was cut for time constraints, hopefully they'll be able to patch it in later.

I will definitely get this on PC when I do get it, but I hope Digital Foundry does a multiplatform comparison of this. Would be pretty informative, given that this is the first UE4 game to ship on Switch.

Psykoboy2

Just finished playing a little bit of this.

If you just want to play and have fun, you'll love it. If you want to collect EVERYTHING in a level - prepare for a challenge.

Alastor3

Just finished playing a little bit of this.

If you just want to play and have fun, you'll love it. If you want to collect EVERYTHING in a level - prepare for a challenge.

im not a collection guy if I don't have a reward at the end, should I still consider this? it look lovely tho

Strider

I'm here for the music...

Since we can't share footage until tomorrow, here is the main theme to help soften the wait. Prepare your ears for greatness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irsh6R_W0gc

song_siren.gif

On the Snake Pass Twitter, someone asked if the Switch version was the same technically as the other versions, and the developers answered "Of course! No changes from the core game what-so-ever!" Kinda disingenuous to say that if it's missing a mode. But we'll know soon.

styl3s

What is missing from the Switch version?
Time trials (which was also missing from Fast Racing Neo).

Guess it depends if you consider a time trial part off it's core game (which i don't) but i still think it should of been clarified in the tweet or a follow up tweet.

King_Moc

Banned
Despite having a Pro, i'm gonna get this on the Switch. As others have said, it just seems to fit. And I love handhelds. Game looks really good.

Cerium

Why is everyone freaking out about the switch version missing time trials? What's the source of this?

The source is that it's not listed on the eshop page while it is listed on the other stores.

If it is missing at launch (and again this is not confirmed) presumably it's something they can patch in.

Time trials (which was also missing from Fast Racing Neo).

Guess it depends if you consider a time trial part off it's core game (which i don't) but i still think it should of been clarified in the tweet or a follow up tweet.

Oh, I don't consider it part of the core game either, but when a fan asks a question like that, you can tell them what they're getting or not getting with that version. The wording heavily suggests the Time Trials are missing, since he says the core game is the same, not that the whole game is. Unless he said that due to framerate differences.

Ridley327

Does anyone know if eshop games get released at midnight, or will we have to wait until a further time?

The only eShop games that get released at midnight are from Nintendo. Everything else waits until 12 PM EST the day of, but it's almost always right on the dot.

maxcriden

That single feature is missing from the eshop page. It might be an error, but if it was cut for time constraints, hopefully they'll be able to patch it in later.

Yeah, the poster kind of isn't sure though. Probably best to wait for confirmation before spreading that further.

The source is that it's not listed on the eshop page while it is listed on the other stores.

If it is missing at launch (and again this is not confirmed) presumably it's something they can patch in.

Thanks to you both for the clarification!

The only eShop games that get released at midnight are from Nintendo. Everything else waits until 12 PM EST the day of, but it's almost always right on the dot.

That's usually the case but I believe someone said on a previous page that sumo digital said on their Twitter they expect it to drop at midnight?

FelipeMGM

Im playing the PS4 version and the option for Time Trials show up real early, like right on the beginning, so anyone with a Switch copy could easily verify that

Vibed

Switch or PS4...leaning toward Switch since no Pro here...but maybe I'll end up getting a Pro down the line...

Top Bottom