• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

DominoKid

a custom knicks lebron x. so sick
iSla2mTY0yyFP.jpg

any fans of the lebron line?
i have a pair of the blackout ix. i've always wanted to get my hand on a pair of the iv.
nike-zoom-lebron-4-iv-black-white.png

nike did a job w/ those. that's one of the few recent nike basketball sigs that have been stuck in my brain, up there w/ the great sigs of all time.

any fans of the lebron line? nike did a job w/ those. that's one of the few recent nike basketball sigs that have been stuck in my brain, up there w/ the great sigs of all time.

Yep. Never had a pair though.

Nope...just financially ignorant lol :( There's gonna be a lot of spaghetti dinners this month, trust me.

I know how that goes. People always ask me "You spent HOW much on those? You could have bought yadda yadda..." My response is usually that shoes last long enough to justify the high prices.

Not interested in anything releasing soon so I'm on the lookout for one of my favorite shoes.

Air Max CB 94'

I actually have some of those, not in that colorway though.

LosDaddie

Banned
So Finish Line actually came through when I was able to order a pair of black/red IVs during their recent Jordan restocks (thanks GAF for the heads up! =)

Here it is with the cement IVs I was able to get early last year:

y0HoyBy.jpg

huh? Is there any way to know when classic Jordans will have a next release?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
p6iT5Ks.jpg

man i an a sucker for the supreme vans... may have to cop the lows to wear with some slim khakis and a casual white button down.

I think they were $230 shipped. Steep, but the quality/comfort on these are too nice.

yeah and they're rare so nbd. i used to scoff at sneaker prices, despite having a closet full of bapes, then i started buying leather boots and i miss spending 300.

p6iT5Ks.jpg

man i an a sucker for the supreme vans... may have to cop the lows to wear with some slim khakis and a casual white button down.

yeah and they're rare so nbd. i used to scoff at sneaker prices, despite having a closet full of bapes, then i started buying leather boots and i miss spending 300.
lows are kinda cool, but I wish they weren't so literally ... flowery.

I like the supreme vans. The SK8 Hi is probably my fave out of the bunch.

I keep telling myself I don't want any more sneakers and then I look in this thead : /

Those "Easter" Lebron X Lo's are are raising my thirst meter.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Woke up to that email...the Eras look sooooo good. Gdamnit Supreme.

luckily for all the hype, Supreme vans are relatively inexpensive even after resale markup.

lows are kinda cool, but I wish they weren't so literally ... flowery.

yeah it's a LOT of print. i like my current Supreme vans because they toned down the print:

vans-supreme-flies-sneaker-pack-8.jpg

who am i kidding, i'll still buy the new pair.

Sneaky Leaky of a new Dunk low sample coming this year.

H6sNYEA.jpg

I quite like them, especially if they can clean that sole up so it doesn't look like it's fading right out of the box.

Wrayfield

Any basketball players in here who tried some of the Nike+ shoes and the App? I was wondering what real-life experience you've had with them? Is it accurate in terms of distance run in a game, vertical etc.? Is it... fun, a nice addition to playing the game?

Appreciate it if you could share your thoughts with me. :)

Also, anyone try the FuelBand? Looks like a gimmick to me but again, would love to hear from someone who tried it. The reviews on the Nike site are rather generic.

Anyone know a good spot in NYC to buy and check sneakers out? I really want to get a pair of reebok twilight zone pumps but I don't think there's a reebok sneaker store here.

Anyone know a good spot in NYC to buy and check sneakers out? I really want to get a pair of reebok twilight zone pumps but I don't think there's a reebok sneaker store here.

The Twilight Zone Pump is available in Footaction - I was in one in Brooklyn by Fulton St like a week ago, and they were on display and available to try on. There's a pretty good sale on them there, too - you could probably get a pair for less than $100.

The Twilight Zone Pump is available in Footaction - I was in one in Brooklyn by Fulton St like a week ago, and they were on display and available to try on. There's a pretty good sale on them there, too - you could probably get a pair for less than $100.
Really?! I work in the area, I'll check it or tomorrow. I saw they were 115 in the reebok site but they don't have my size. Were they the red ones or the green and whites?

Really?! I work in the area, I'll check it or tomorrow. I saw they were 115 in the reebok site but they don't have my size. Were they the red ones or the green and whites?

I remember seeing the red and white ones there.

You can get them cheaper from citygear.com, btw...there's a great clearance on these. I am copping the gray/red/white ones from there on Friday!

Mr.Fresh

Hot Kicks of March
iblLHvwOE63SNU.jpg

Nike LeBron X “Dolphins”
Mar 9, 2013
MSRP: $180
iIuhHPJfYsmBB.jpg

Nike KD V “Hulk”
Mar 9, 2013
MSRP: $115
iG8nbBSiw2bp.jpg

Fila 96
Mar 15, 2013
iLcBqcg8nHXzg.jpg

Air Jordan 13 “He Got Game”
Mar 16, 2013
MSRP: $170

PS: sorry for being late guys.

I missed out on the first weeks releases but here are the remaining weeks.

mooooose

They won't beat me over the head will they?

Their prices on some old shoes or new shoes are fair, but for plenty of "hype shoes" expect "hype prices" + 20%. It's a nice store though. The old one on Lafayette was AMAZING. It was basically a thrift store for SoHo full of old Supreme, Wtaps, NBHD, aNYthing, Polo, North Face, and more for decent prices... I miss that store.

Also how do I make my shoes not smell like shit? My goretex dunks smell like dickcheese (mostly because they're water proof and don't breathe well) but I love these shoes and another pair would cost me too much. What do I do?

Sneaky Leaky of a new Dunk low sample coming this year.
[/IMG]

I quite like them, especially if they can clean that sole up so it doesn't look like it's fading right out of the box.

I'm feeling these! I agree with what you've mentioned about the sole...

I'm about to pull the trigger on these SB Dunks, yes or no GAF?

YES!

For those that missed out on the Penny V Cloaks release, Sneakerhead appears to have a FSR:

http://www.sneakerhead.com/nike-air-penny-five-basketball-shoes-537331002.html

MUST...NOT...CLICK...ON...

Mr.Fresh

Im hatin, my brother just walked in the house with the Penny V cloaks and didnt get me a pair too. in the next few weeks im gonna have a lot of sneaker pick ups though.

Top Bottom