• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

snack

I heard it is 84 bucks for a pair of Kobe VIIIs. :(

Goddamn.

Anyway, I just copped a pair of these BHM Melo M9s. Loving this colorway!

jordan-melo-m9-black-history-month-580x403.jpeg

Was walking past a foot Locker and thought I'd check out the new Jordan's. They still have royals in stock, which was quite surprising.

Mush

Tried on a pair of Emerica G6s the other day.

Holy balls man, these things are worth the hype. Gonna grab some down the line.

Noks415

This might be a silly question, but can someone explain Nike SB releases to me.
SBs are something i really want to add to my collection.
What are the sites that sell new releases?(besides flightclub) and which are the best stores in NYC to get a pair.

copped these two recently on impulse. im gonna blow so much money on shoes *sigh*

I own the top pair, and I too bought them on impulse (didn't help that it was the last pair in my size). If anything, compared to my Spider-Man pair or my black pair with the lazer blue laces, they're my most normal pair of SB dunk mids.

I own the top pair, and I too bought them on impulse (didn't help that it was the last pair in my size). If anything, compared to my Spider-Man pair or my black pair with the lazer blue laces, they're my most normal pair of SB dunk mids.

i can see those look really nice with light denim. theyre not very attention grabbing but theyre a solid pair that you can wear with just about everything. i think the loudest pair of shoes i have are some beat up bright red vans. my friend owns these pair of reeses and they look fucking awesome, but i could never pull em off.

the black/gold ones came in and theyre dope

This might be a silly question, but can someone explain Nike SB releases to me.
SBs are something i really want to add to my collection.
What are the sites that sell new releases?(besides flightclub) and which are the best stores in NYC to get a pair.

flightclub is probably the best for newer releases but they mark up the prices based on popular sizes. theres also http://www.pickyourshoes.com too.

also, http://www.ccs.com and http://www.thepremierstore.com usually has sales often on SBs. the black/gold ones above are $60 ATM at premier and ccs has buy 1 get 50% off + free shipping on select colorways.

as for NYC stores, supreme and blades are the most popular but they mark up prices. unless you happen to find a small skate shop that nobody really knows about, youre better off buying online really.

Prowl

I need more snake skin pumas in my life... got my eye on a few upcoming releases.

I missed out on these :\ Puma X Solebox Holiday States
solebox-x-puma-2012-holiday-states-pack-1.jpg

can still try and track these down though

Puma X Made In Japan "Python" Collection
puma-made-in-japan-python-collection-1.jpg

Puma X Year of the Snake
puma-year-of-the-snake-collection-1.jpg

copped these two recently on impulse. im gonna blow so much money on shoes *sigh*

I have the black and gold and they appear to be holding up well so far. I really like the fit as well. It's been a long time coming, bringing the strap back, so I'm over the moon how comfortable they are to wear.

Real nice purchases there man :)

Penny V Cloaks on Saturday. Anyone else in on these? Really hope the Foamposites make these an easy cop.

Yeah, I got my eyes on them. They'll be my first pair of Penny Vs. I'm actually hoping for new colorways for the Zoom Rookies. Invisibility Cloak Rookies :)

i can see those look really nice with light denim. theyre not very attention grabbing but theyre a solid pair that you can wear with just about everything. i think the loudest pair of shoes i have are some beat up bright red vans. my friend owns these pair of reeses and they look fucking awesome, but i could never pull em off.

I actually just wear either the Spider-Mans with anything I have (I have a lot of denim in various shades, gray & my khakis) as well as the black/orion blue.

But it's strangely refreshing to have both the black/iron white mids and the dark obsidian/gym red lows due to them being 'simpler' overall in terms of colors. :p

Master race thread, $200 sneakers ain't cheap for us peasants :(

Still better than $400 jeans though

Ha ha no. I value my jeans more than my shoes, but that's because I will buy less well-made pairs of jeans overall to save money to buy shoes.

Slizz

Anyone have a clue when Li-Ning Way of Wade's are releasing?

Every single colorway I've seen so far has been pretty dope and they look real comfortable.

ffmHAb1.jpg

nhcjiky.jpg

iji7Zqd.png

TPTi2JP.jpg

And plenty of others.

Don't misunderstand me Sneaker Gaf, by us i meant myself(probably few others) who think anything upwards of $100 is too much for sneakers or are too broke to buy them expensive shoes...this is more of an enthusiast thread, and i am just casual wearer. Last pair of sneakers i got cost me around $29 in clearance, they looked somewhat liked this:

j7jdxvl.jpg

That's why i said master race thread, it's a compliment you guys : /

effe

Banned
This might be hard to do, but I saw a picture on tumblr a while ago that I can't seem to find again.

They were nike high-tops, but they looked incredibly strange. They upper half was pure white and texturized in a soft way, with the nike swoosh being mint green. The bottom portion might've been white/gray? The sole might have been a bright red. They had a futuristic margiela/rick owens look to them. The person wearing them had on sweatpants IIRC and they were standing atop a building.

Can anyone ID these for me?

Everyone that has Royals...I hate you. :(

I'm wearing my J Pack royal Dunk His, and as much as I love them - they aren't the same. :(

I'm gonna try to get those Penny V Invisible Cloaks this weekend...and invariably when I miss out, I'm going to buy some other retro or something (Command Force? Twilight Zone Pump?).

Zeth

I was a big SB nerd a few years ago. Still have Tiffany/720s/Skate or Die. I find a lot of them kind of fugly now, though. Dunks are not my thing any more. Got the Blue Lobsters with the deck still, those are pretty slick:
concepts-nike-sb-blue-lobster-dunk-1.jpg

nike-sb-x-concepts-blue-lobster-wide-release.jpg
concepts-nike-sb-dunk-low-blue-lobster-general-1.jpg

The PRod IIIs were my favorite every day sneaker. Still love them, should see if I can still get a new white pair.

prod-3-wooden-box-hypebeast-exclusive-4.jpg

Wearing my Spider-Man Dunk SBs right now. Forgot how much I prefer having a strap on my mids, despite my other two pairs not having straps at all.

Also the red is all faded, like worn shoes should look like. :3

SUPARSTARX

So shitty! Still can't find a decent priced AJ Retro 11's /XX8 in Size 13.

Don't they presale these sneakers online anywhere? Sucks I can't skip work to camp for freaking sneakers. This is ridiculous.

ryuen

So shitty! Still can't find a decent priced AJ Retro 11's /XX8 in Size 13.

Don't they presale these sneakers online anywhere? Sucks I can't skip work to camp for freaking sneakers. This is ridiculous.

Kicks-Crew.com lets you preorder, but really I bet you can find a good deal for playoff XI's on Craigslist. People are letting em go for $260-$270, which isn't too crazy.

Not my finest moment I know =( Seeing as rif.la had em Deadstock for $600, I thought I got a decent price for em. These have been my grails for a while, so I went for it. I'm done with the game after this year, I swear it!

I'm not an Air Max guy, but those are nice. Speaking of grails, I just got my Playoff XIIs, but I'm thinking about selling them for holiest of grails - the Bred 1. Decisions...

Edit: And now they're gone. Ah well.

Top Bottom