• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Zekes!

I almost wish I could stop buying blue sneakers, but after my last pickup of UB 3.0s in royal blue & white... I think. I'm doomed to continue picking up blue sneakers.

Still, hope you like them! Been thinking of picking up a pair of sock darts myself but not sure what to wear them with.

I think they work well with simple and clean wardrobes, though I saw a girl rocking a bright red pair in the summer with a whole summer outfit and they looked cool on her.

Ooh, these look good. Probably time to replace my favourite SBs.

those are my favourite SB's too. I never wear them though. Those Black Sheeps are fire though......

acohrs

So I got these in today. Some interesting differences between this and PK R1's

Weren't any size 13's left when I got onto Adidas' site (which is what my PK R1's are) so I just grabbed a 14 (my size for most other shoes). Figured they'd be too big, but wanted to try. It's lucky I did because I don't actually think I can size down on R2's. The primeknit feels a little more snug and socklike than R1's and that brick is actually noticeable on the inside of my foot. Pretty sure they'd be digging into my feet if I had gone below a 14, so seems like going TTS is best with R2's.

They're pretty dope on feet, though. They look and feel great.

Nice, how would you say comfort is versus NMD R1?

So I got these in today. Some interesting differences between this and PK R1's

Weren't any size 13's left when I got onto Adidas' site (which is what my PK R1's are) so I just grabbed a 14 (my size for most other shoes). Figured they'd be too big, but wanted to try. It's lucky I did because I don't actually think I can size down on R2's. The primeknit feels a little more snug and socklike than R1's and that brick is actually noticeable on the inside of my foot. Pretty sure they'd be digging into my feet if I had gone below a 14, so seems like going TTS is best with R2's.

They're pretty dope on feet, though. They look and feel great.

Love these, such a great knit and feel. Has to have the most boost of any shoe.

Wow, even more than OG Pure?

GqbMyFp.jpg

Got to be close,there's more than my R1s

Fjordson

Nice, how would you say comfort is versus NMD R1?
More comfortable for me. The primeknit feels more like a sock and your foot just seems to sit on the boost more evenly? I don't know, it's hard to describe.

R1's are great, but the R2 just fits perfectly for me. It forms to your foot really well. Just have to make sure you account for the brick on the inside and get the right size.

dmshaposv

So are the Pharrell nmds the only one with that type of silhouette? I kinda want to find an all white one and paint it :/

Aren't pharrell NMDs just the XR1 silhouette with a different looking cage? That smaller cage makes the lacing look asymmetrical.

Just get a white pair of XR1s.

Fjordson

Eh, the primeknit is totally different and the lacing system is different.

I guess the overall silhouette from the side looks somewhat similar.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Got some samples from the Jordan Brand team. One of which is a yet to be released Air Jordan 1.

15624828_1707669212877302_5975481891757752320_n.jpg

The quality on this AJ1 is insane. Think SBB quality leather with hits of perforation around the shoe. An thicker SB-esque tongue and even nice detail touches like a Nike Air leather tongue tag. Not sure when this will release.

While I was in Las Vegas for CES, I got this...

15877358_1155126807936171_6165876387535126528_n.jpg

Asia exclusive Air Jordan 13 released for "Single's Day" in China. It has some cool detailing/print that is revealed as the more wear the black painted portions get. Just like the Lance Mountain AJ1 X SB a few years back.

Got some samples from the Jordan Brand team. One of which is a yet to be released Air Jordan 1.

The quality on this AJ1 is insane. Think SBB quality leather with hits of perforation around the shoe. An thicker SB-esque tongue and even nice detail touches like a Nike Air leather tongue tag. Not sure when this will release.

Asia exclusive Air Jordan 13 released for "Single's Day" in China. It has some cool detailing/print that is revealed as the more wear the black painted portions get. Just like the Lance Mountain AJ1 X SB a few years back.

Looks like a Black Cat AJ1 to me.

xHiryu

jelly, are those 13s infrared or actual red?

So I went to the mall and took a look at the SF1s. They weren't like the OG. Not a full gum bottom. Didn't come with the paracord (which I think makes the shoe look better). So I'm on the fence. They did restock on the flax hi so I bought those.

May come back. Idk.

see5harp

So I got my first pair of PK NMD's and despite having to go a half size down from my normal, these shits are hella comfortable. Like I never really cared much about mesh before but primeknit feels super nice on the foot. I need to get a dark pair to rock at Coachella this year.

Such a fail on my part. Adidas is re-releasing the BAPE x NMD's on Jan.12 in europe and I tried calling my store yesterday to get info - no answer. Called today and the guy tells me they are allocating them by an Instagram raffle...and it was only yesterday. DAMN. Will swing by on the 12th just in case.

Anth0ny

that feel when you're between jobs and absolutely can not, under any circumstance, afford to drop $250+ on a pair of sneakers ; _ ;

brb coppin some chucks and vans #poverty

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
that feel when you're between jobs and absolutely can not, under any circumstance, afford to drop $250+ on a pair of sneakers ; _ ;

brb coppin some chucks and vans #poverty

I missed out on alot of kicks when I was unemployed for an extended period. I had to choose between kicks or keeping the lights on, literally.

Gaf, I'm torn between Adidans Stan Smith and Nike Cortez for a casual, everyday shoe. Anything in your opinion would tip the scales for one over the other (comfort, quality, etc.)?

Thanks.

Top Bottom