• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Hitta93

Banned
You're definitely screwed, just had this happen like 2 weeks ago. Kid bought my red V2s and then claimed i sent 2 different shoes, 1 size 10 and 1 size 9. That isn't possible since there's no way I could fit a 9 and that wouldn't benefit me in anyway.

PayPal needs to change the policy because that's just BS all around.

I want to take my chances on the claim, but man, if I lose smh...

KissVibes

Banned
Ya'll think outlets are worth hitting up? I'm just getting into beyond just having a few pair of universal shoes since I'm no longer living poor, so I'm not sure where to find solid deals. I've heard that you can find good shit at outlets and places like ROSS and Marshals, but I'm wondering if most stories about finding deals there are SUPER rare. Closest outlets are over an hour away.

Ya'll think outlets are worth hitting up? I'm just getting into beyond just having a few pair of universal shoes since I'm no longer living poor, so I'm not sure where to find solid deals. I've heard that you can find good shit at outlets and places like ROSS and Marshals, but I'm wondering if most stories about finding deals there are SUPER rare. Closest outlets are over an hour away.

Honestly depends on the store. I went to almost every marshalls in a 20 mile radius of me and out of those 6 stores, only 1 had some decent stuff. You might get a store with a crappy selection of levi boots and converse or a store with superfly Jordan's, flights, adidas tubular, old KDs, and LeBrrons.

But yeah, it's pretty hit or miss. Mostly miss.

OG NMDs @ Adidas US

900x900px-LL-1d0421f2_ScreenShot2017-01-13at12.45.42AM.png

I think I'll probably be in class or either about to drop dead after a 12 hr shift and 2 hour class but...

TTS on NMDs or what? I always forget to try them on in the malls...

Fjordson

Don't think I'm even going to wake up for the NMD's. Only 800 pairs of size 13? That's an L.

Also, call me crazy, but I've never actually been a big fan of NMD's with colored bricks like the OG's have. I prefer matching ones like on the Japan pack or the tricolors.

Don't think I'm even going to wake up for the NMD's. Only 800 pairs of size 13? That's an L.

Also, call me crazy, but I've never actually been a big fan of NMD's with colored bricks like the OG's have. I prefer matching ones like on the Japan pack or the tricolors.
Those of us with clown feet always teetering on the edge of that L

Sigh. Lol

Real question: Is there a specific reason as to why NMDs are so hard to cop? Like...I understand creating hype, but....IDK...I just feel like Adidas could be dominating much more than they are right now in the sneaker world if they just made more stock of their most desired shoes, the NMDs.

The NMD has the potential to be as ubiquitous as any pair of Air Max...I realize the resurgence of Adidas is just starting but, IDK...just seems like a missed opportunity.

Imma just go after all the shoes I missed out in the 90s.

Get me some Kamikazes, Air Uptempo 97, etc.

Those shoes be heavy as fuck too. I have no idea how they balled in those back in the day.

Just copped both the white and black NMD tri-color's from the adidas website. Pretty hype about that! Most likely will return one of the pairs, especially if i'm lucky to get my order of the OG's that release tomorrow.

Fjordson

Real question: Is there a specific reason as to why NMDs are so hard to cop? Like...I understand creating hype, but....IDK...I just feel like Adidas could be dominating much more than they are right now in the sneaker world if they just made more stock of their most desired shoes, the NMDs.

The NMD has the potential to be as ubiquitous as any pair of Air Max...I realize the resurgence of Adidas is just starting but, IDK...just seems like a missed opportunity.
Just seems like the way of the game these days. Put out enough to build hype, but not too many so that it's still somewhat difficult.

Thankfully it seems to be getting a little easier. Both of the tricolors were reasonably available and stuff like the R2's sat on the website for hours. They still sell out, but it's not like instantly in 5 seconds like some releases.

So I wear a 12.5 in the mesh NMD. What size should I try to shoot for first in the Primeknit? Do they run larger than the non-pk NMD?

Feel bad for Canada always getting fucked by Adidas, lol
Every time, seems like lol.

Here's 100 pairs, Canada fam. Good luck!

Might try for this (though I won't be torn up about it if I don't get them) but I'm curious about the sizing as well due to seeing people saying going half to a full size down.

Myself, I wear:

Mesh NMD: I have 8.5 (was the only size at the time) but they feel a bit tight at times. 9 felt more comfortable.
UB 2.0: 9 is perfect
UB 3.0: had to size down to 8.5

Looking at the chart posted earlier, there will be less 8.5s than 9s but at the same time, not sure if it'll fit right at all.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Based on the NMDs I've got I'd go down half a size for Primeknits, honestly if you're worried or can only get TTS then just get it.

I am wide footed. I go UK 10.5 for UBs and 10 for NMDs (Only buy PK) and Y-3s.

If you aren't comfortable sizing down, then you could go TTS and put an insole in if they end up being too loose.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Im just sitting in a queue catching an L ... such bs

easy haha okay

Im just sitting in a queue catching an L ... such bs

easy haha okay
Sorry haha. I just meant easy as in when I tried to get a 350, I got through the queue, added to cart, and then the page crashed and I lost my cart lol. So in comparison to that, this was pain free. So I'll go with pain free instead of easy.

Matrix

Well shit took a W :O

20 mins in the queue and got through, my size 10 was left.

Matrix

Sorry haha. I just meant easy as in when I tried to get a 350, I got through the queue, added to cart, and then the page crashed and I lost my cart lol. So in comparison to that, this was pain free. So I'll go with pain free instead of easy.

ahhh gotcha

well now it was easy for me, I mean once I actually got through the queue on the website. Checkout etc was a breeze

Plus it helps they hold it in the cart for 9 mins

Top Bottom