• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Fjordson

You guys recommend I get the PK NMDs, the PK XR1s or the plain XR1s?
Depends on which ones I guess.

I would probably say PK NMD's, though. Classic silhouette, most comfortable of the three.

For the XR1's, all mine are PK, didn't even know they made non-PK ones. Never been a fan any of the mesh stuff, so I'd pass on those. I like my PK ones a lot, though they aren't as comfortable as regular NMD's.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Had anyone ordered before from Yeezy Supplies that's outside the US? Was wondering about custom charges or if they gifted them.

Some people on Reddit said they didn't pay any back when the Belugas released. So I'm hoping all is good.

Fjordson

So don't get these? http://m.adidas.com/us/nmd_xr1-shoes/BA7233.html

The all white NMD_R1s PK are sold out in my size but maybe I should wait for those to restock?
Well I'm only speaking from my personal opinion, you may love those shoes. I just think all the mesh stuff feels cheap and uncomfortable compared to PK. They also fit me weird no matter the size.

Wouldn't hurt to hold off for a bit on a PK restock.

I would suggest following @adidasalerts on twitter and turn on notifications on your phone. Those random restocks where all the bots aren't primed and ready is how I get a lot of pairs I want.

BumRush

Well I'm only speaking from my personal opinion, you may love those shoes. I just think all the mesh stuff feels cheap and uncomfortable compared to PK. They also fit me weird no matter the size.

Wouldn't hurt to hold off for a bit on a PK restock.

I would suggest following @adidasalerts on twitter and turn on notifications on your phone. Those random restocks where all the bots aren't primed and ready is how I get a lot of pairs I want.

Thanks, and yeah I'll wait. I'd rather have the all white PK R1s but I live in NY so I wouldn't be wearing them until may or so anyway. Thank you!

PK R1. Or maybe R2 depending on the colourway.

Don't even consider any other NMD.

I think the gum soles will restock at least a few times. They came out what last weekend?

Thanks guys!

8RyEJSK.jpg

More R2's in April. Not feeling these though.

see5harp

On the restocks app I see at least a handful of times a day where small boutiques put more gum soles out. I still don't even have my gum soles from the ones I bought from adidias last Saturday.

see5harp

how long until the NMD bubble bursts?

not a fan of the nmd 2 at all but honestly I feel like I'm just waiting on the right colorway. As it stands, they are still selling out pretty much day of release for even the ones that I assume they are making more of. I'm more excited to see what they come up for with the ultraboost mid though.

Reckoner

Those look cool. I guess I'll have to upgrade from my gradients 2.0 sometime this year. The oreos were tempting, but let's see which ones really make me drop the wallet.

Hitta93

Banned
Only going by the posts I've read here so far(
a lot of people got their pairs apparently
), but my thinking is maybe a good amount of people passed up on the Black/Reds to try their luck on the Zebras.

acohrs

Only going by the posts I've read here so far(
a lot of people got their pairs apparently
), but my thinking is maybe a good amount of people passed up on the Black/Reds to try their luck on the Zebras.

Think there were a good amount released, it seems?

Qaloon

Managed to grab a size 9 (not my size) at a local boutique. Sold for 630 CAD. Then used Facebook group to find a 10.5 (my size) for 700 CAD. Overall ended up paying 70 over retail. Not bad considering 10.5s go for 600 USD on StockX.

I'll make the money back by selling some ultra boosts that don't fit that I got for less than retail. My first pair of Yeezys!

Reckoner

Do Adidas usually restock OG releases? for example, did they restock the og NMD shortly after release?

This is me hopeful for a eqt boost restock soon.

Think there were a good amount released, it seems?

Adidas EU had 10k pairs online. No official numbers for Adidas US but a couple people have said between 20-21k. Plus a lot of other sites sold them as well, in much smaller quantities.

Adidas used some kind of counter to a lot of the bots this time around, and so did Yeezy Supply, so that freed up quite a few pairs for people who aren't buying them to just resell. 👌

Do Adidas usually restock OG releases? for example, did they restock the og NMD shortly after release?

This is me helpful for a eqt boost restock soon.
I've seen the eqt boost get restocked on other sites, can't recall if adidas restocked their main site it not, but I haven't really been paying attention to that one as closely as nmd restocks.

acohrs

Adidas EU had 10k pairs online. No official numbers for Adidas US but a couple people have said between 20-21k. Plus a lot of other sites sold them as well, in much smaller quantities.

Adidas used some kind of counter to a lot of the bots this time around, and so did Yeezy Supply, so that freed up quite a few pairs for people who aren't buying them to just resell. 👌
That feels like loads for Yeezy

Reckoner

I've seen the eqt boost get restocked on other sites, can't recall if adidas restocked their main site it not, but I haven't really been paying attention to that one as closely as nmd restocks.

Fun thing

Woke up, checked sivasdescalzo and they had one pair available which was exactly my size. Ordered them already!

This feels like a W to me ahah

The Jordan thread in OT has me thinking - the next pair of sneakers I buy are gonna be 1's. I dunno if they'll be the "All-Star" 1's, but I'm liking them a lot (and I've never owned a pair).

The Jordan thread in OT has me thinking - the next pair of sneakers I buy are gonna be 1's. I dunno if they'll be the "All-Star" 1's, but I'm liking them a lot (and I've never owned a pair).

Do it! Can't be a sneakerhead and not own a pair of Jordan 1s!

On a more serious note, you can go TTS. Half size down for a snug fit and going half a size up doesn't hurt either

Reckoner

Do it! Can't be a sneakerhead and not own a pair of Jordan 1s!

On a more serious note, you can go TTS. Half size down for a snug fit and going half a size up doesn't hurt either

I'm going to try the All Star and been worried about sizing too. I usually am a 10 on Nike (Air Max Zero/9.5 on Roshe with mesh) and 9.5 on Ultra Boost.

Top Bottom