• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

shira

Man those Jordan Leather's are stupid expensive.

tZqrral.jpg

Anyone have experience with metallic boost?

Does it look good in person and/or looks terrible after chipping and wear&tear

Man those Jordan Leather's are stupid expensive.

tZqrral.jpg

Anyone have experience with metallic boost?

Does it look good in person and/or looks terrible after chipping and wear&tear
I wear my triple black nmds constantly and no chipping has occurred, so I imagine the metallic would be just as durable. Not sure how the metallic looks IRL though.

aznpxdd

Didn't like the Vapormax at first due to CW's available, but I think the recently released darker CW's are fire! Picked up the army green/black one recently and loving it, so much fun to wear and a welcomed break from boost.

acohrs

Didn't like the Vapormax at first due to CW's available, but I think the recently released darker CW's are fire! Picked up the army green/black one recently and loving it, so much fun to wear and a welcomed break from boost.

agree, the darker air bubbles and darker CWs are much nicer than the lighter ones.

It's funny because I feel the opposite way about Ultra Boost, prefer the brighter CWs like the TWs, royal blues, and solar reds. That said, the trace khaki and cargo are beautiful

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Despite most of my collection being Adidas I don't have a single ultraboost lol.

And only 2 shoes with boost.

Ultraboosts always struck me as kinda boring. Parleys do look super hot though. Plus the Kith knit is nearly a grail but I'm not going to pay resale.

giga

Despite most of my collection being Adidas I don't have a single ultraboost lol.

Ultraboosts always struck me as kinda boring. Parleys do look super hot though. Plus the Kith knit is nearly a grail but I'm not going to pay resale.
They may be boring but I've yet to find something as comfortable if you like that memory foam feel on your feet.

UBs about that c o m f o r t

Are we allowed to talk about reselling in here? Or is it generally considered scummy behaviour?

Nah. I don't see a problem. Hell, I'm pretty sure that some of us only try for Yeezys is to flip for something else in a trade. Make your money, just don't brag when the entire thread is catching Ls lmao

Speaking of resale, who started this rumor that Turtle Doves (yeezy) were being restocked 😂?

Those are going for 2k+ easy on resale still

Hey, I'd love a TD restock. I get a guaranteed pair from SNS lol. I think I'm over v1s tho, I do prefer the v2s over them.

Is StockX a decent place to buy from? Any issues with fakes, etc? I've usually just stuck to high rated eBay resellers.

Yeah. StockX or GOAT is where you should be buying all your shoes from. Both are very good. Buy from the directly tho, apparently StockX authentication tags are being fabricated too. Also, there's been a couple of stories of fakes slipping through the cracks but I wouldn't worry about that at all. As long as they aren't Yeezys, you should be fine.

shira

Is StockX a decent place to buy from? Any issues with fakes, etc? I've usually just stuck to high rated eBay resellers.
The replicas are getting better than the retails.

Doesn't hurt to do your homework and get a legit check for peace of mind

e90Mark

Yeah. StockX or GOAT is where you should be buying all your shoes from. Both are very good. Buy from the directly tho, apparently StockX authentication tags are being fabricated too. Also, there's been a couple of stories of fakes slipping through the cracks but I wouldn't worry about that at all. As long as they aren't Yeezys, you should be fine.
Crap, I was looking into buying V2 Breds. I'll check out GOAT tho, having a mobile app is nice.

As much as I hate the thought of paying like 4x retail, it's just about the only way I'll ever get them.

I've been out of the shoe game for years, but I picked up the AJ1 Royal back in April and it kinda sparked my interest again.
The replicas are getting better than the retails.

Doesn't hurt to do your homework and get a legit check for peace of mind

Thanks, I'll look into this.

acohrs

My gf banned me from hi top sneakers, always wondered why until I see fat joe or khaled. If you have thicc legs and you're not that tall, makes you look really stumpy and short

OG Kush

Yeah I really need some side money, and sneakers seems like the best option. Whats the most worthwhile upcoming trainers to cop to resell? I've been out of the loop for a while but whats the best way to gauge interest? Apart form Hypebeast, High Snobiety, and a few faecebook groups and instragram accounts not sure where else is the best to check?

Yeah I really need some side money, and sneakers seems like the best option. Whats the most worthwhile upcoming trainers to cop to resell? I've been out of the loop for a while but whats the best way to gauge interest? Apart form Hypebeast, High Snobiety, and a few faecebook groups and instragram accounts not sure where else is the best to check?

giphy.gif

Oxn

Unless its some Yeezys i dont think any other sneaker can make enough money to be worth the time investment, after fees and such.

shira

The Michiganeezys

Gambate
yolo.gif

OG Kush

Shit fair enough, guess the money aint there for sneakers apart from Yeezys. Might have to look into Supreme reselling or cryptocurrencies.

Top Bottom